Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 26, 2011
I bought this tape mostly for packaging small item's I sell online - mostly dvds - and it's a great value for such applications. This tape isn't designed for sealing up heavy boxes of electronics, glassware, etc; even lightweight, non-fragile items like clothes, if packed tightly in a huge moving box would be better sealed with a stronger tape, which usually comes in shorter rolls, since the tape is so much thicker. If that's what you need tape for, buying the very cheapest, longest length tape you can find, probably isn't the best idea.

Even double or triple taping a heavy box isn't going to be as safe as using a stronger tape that's either thicker or reinforced with fiberglass or material strands. It's about using the right tool for the job and this tool was made especially for small, lightweight packaging. I've used it for larger, medium weight boxes too - like shipping a dvd player or some item under 20 lbs - without reservations as to how well it would hold up, but I wouldn't even consider it for sealing a big box full of dishes during a move, or shipping a 50 pound surround sound receiver that cost 1k or more to replace.

Like I said, this tape is ideal for my primary application, which is shipping dvds, whether in a cardboard box or bubble mailer. In fact, I trust the tape more than I do the self-sealing sticky strips on most bubble mailers or priority mail flat-rate boxes. This tape is actually better than the last pack of similarly priced Scotch brand tape I bought; at least the adhesive is stronger, though it's about just as flimsy, which is fine if you have the proper dispencer, but can be wasteful, not to mention aggravating, if just using your hands and a pair of scissors. While expectedly flimsy considering it's thinness, it's not as fragile as some generic, non-name brands I've tried in the past. This is USPS approved packaging tape.

While this tape isn't marketed as being crystal clear, it's transparent enough to cover shipping labels without obscuring the shipping details (address, postal barcode, etc); at only one or two layers thick, the tape still looks almost perfectly clear and also appears clearer than the Scotch brand I bought last time.
on July 20, 2011
Have purchased these before but find that the quality has fallen. If you aren't careful, when you peel the tape, it will split down the center and you've wasted tape - ugh! Overall, though, once you've gotten it peeled, it holds great.
on April 13, 2011
I bought this for shipping small to medium boxes and it did not disappoint. Shipping tape keeps going up in cost and when I saw this tape as a lightening offer, I thought I'd try it. I was a little worried when I read someone mentioned an odor with this product because I am very sensitive to odors. At first I noticed nothing, but after a while I did notice it has a smell, but it was very slight. The tape itself was easy to work with and never got stuck to itself. I would order this again.
on June 6, 2011
I bought this tape for a cross-country move. It is not terribly sticky, and so thin that I have had to use 2-3 times as much as I would have with good-quality tape. The extra time and layers mean that this tape is no bargain at all. Being so thin, it also tends top fold sideways on itself. Cannot recommend it!
on January 13, 2012
Needed tape to ship packages. Most are around the 60-80 yard size...some smaller. For the same price...or less...you get 110 yards of good quality packing tape. Not too thin to break off when you do not want it too. When using your tape gun with this...fast and quick tape jobs. Will be buying more to stock up.
on September 3, 2011
I own a business and have been packing boxes for over 12 years, This stuff is crap, You cannot even get it off the roll without it splitting all apart. Worthless in my opinion no matter how inexpensive it might seem.
VINE VOICEon March 30, 2014
I have some 3M Scotch Heavy Duty that is worthless and this works very well. Tape is not all the same I found out, and 3M can make a lousy product. I like this, it is a good value, and it works very well. I highly recommend, will buy again, and I hope this helps someone.
on October 28, 2013
I know, I know, I'm reviewing tape. Seems silly, I know. But the truth is, if you're reading this review, you probably are interested in knowing if this tape is any good or not. First off, I used to work for the USPS, and we usually had pretty good tape behind the counter. This is that stuff. It is durable and it will get your package sealed up right and probably won't fall off. That's really what you want in a packing tape.

Stuff you need to know about packing tape: #1, don't use gaff tape or duct tape to ship packages. While gaff tape is really tough, it can come off if it gets hooked on something. Duct tape gets gooey when it gets hot, and gets flakey when it's really cold. If your package travels across the country, it's undoubtedly going to visit all those conditions at least temporarily. #2, don't use super cheap thin tape. This applies to when you're packing up moving boxes as well as shipping. It tears and flakes off. The adhesive used on such tapes is usually second-rate, too. #3, don't use scotch tape or masking tape. Both get gooey and flakey and are meant for office work or painting. They're not meant to hold up to rough handling.

THIS TAPE IS GREAT FOR MOVING OR SHIPPING. That's probably really all you wanted to know, right? It's tough, durable, and has really good sticky adhesive, whether you're just holding down a flap or covering the whole package.
on December 4, 2015
I bought this tap based on others reviews. I have to admit the price is what sold me. However, this proved to be a mistake. The end of the tape always pulled away from the box and I couldn't count on it to keep my packages sealed. Wouldn't buy this one again.
on February 19, 2013
I do a lot of online selling and shipping, and this tape is a DEAL on a per-foot basis! It has worked BETTER than the thicker tapes for the small packages I ship out every day, stays stuck down on the package better and seals better. if you are going to use it on a large box, you will need to use multiple layers for comfort (but you paid less than half the price of the heavier tape, so that's ok).

Pros:
- very inexpensive per yard
- very tacky
- good tensile strength

Cons:
- being very thin, sometimes hard to get off the roll without wrinkling on itself.

If you go thru a lot of tape for shipping purposes, I highly recommend this. however, you CANNOT use it with a tape gun, it will tear, catch, clog. it works great with a desk dispenser, which is how I use it every day.