5.0 out of 5 stars i love these bags!
if i wasn't so lazy about switching bags, i would have one in every color.

pros:

lightweight nylon - even after you get all your crap in there

roomy

nice amounts of pockets - two identical large ones on either side and a smaller one in the inside

ergonomic - fits well across the body and adjustable

perfect...
Published on February 26, 2010 by Alex Halikias

3.0 out of 5 stars LeSportsac Classic Hobo,Keepsake,one size
it was a bit smaller as in the height so that my 500ml water bottle could not be put straight up.But overall it was light and color was vibrant. Nice to use
Published on May 18, 2011 by crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars i love these bags!, February 26, 2010
This review is from: LeSportsac Classic Hobo Handbag (Apparel)
if i wasn't so lazy about switching bags, i would have one in every color.

pros:

lightweight nylon - even after you get all your crap in there

roomy

ergonomic - fits well across the body and adjustable

perfect size - many messenger style bags seem to be too large to look cute

rigid - even though it's nylon, it will hold it's shape if you set it on the table.

stays clean

inexpensive

quality - mine have lasted forever

cons:

pockets too similar - on the classic hobo, the front and back pockets look identical. sometimes i have trouble guessing which one to access. would be nice if they could add something to differentiate them.

prints - wish there were more neutrals. goes back to my earlier point. i don't like to hassle with switching my bag for every outfit. other than the solids, it would be great if there were some neutral prints added to the collection.

could use as easily accessible phone pocket

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive but nothing else quite like it, October 14, 2009
I've been carrying Le Sportsac bags for years - mainly because they're sturdy and lightweight. Overpriced at retail - but I've been lucky enough to find them in "discount" type stores in the past (Ross, Marshalls, etc.) and occasionally a good buy at department store sales.Some stores manufacturers have copied them - the handle, fabric are not quite up to LeSport sac specs.
This black "patent" or shiny finish does double duty for travel - it holds everything - including my camera - and I can carry it all day and have no problem carrying it to an evening performance - concert or theatre. Since I travel abroad with only a 21 inch carryon - space and weight are paramount concerns. The purse fits into my shoulder tote - no problem worrying about scrunching it up and thus enables me to clear TSA check with the one bag and one personal item.
P.S. I never cease to be amazed at women who carry large handbags with hardware (buckles, trim) that weigh close to 5 or 6 pounds - this added to all the stuff inside!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great everyday purse, June 13, 2009
M. T. Bowers (Northern Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeSportsac Classic Hobo Handbag (Apparel)
I don't normally carry a purse this large, but I'm a Lesportsac nut, and there's not much between this one and the little "Ellie." Still, it's so lightweight that I don't mind carrying it. The shoulder strap is very comfortable, and it is nice to have the extra room.

My only complaint is that the front zipper compartment would've been more useful if it had been split into 2 smaller compartments. The things I want handy (cellphone, lipstick, gum) go in there, and they get all mixed up together because it's just one long compartment. This is the way they make the "Deluxe Everyday Satchel," but that one only seems to come in boring solid colors, and is hard to find even then.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good size and style, July 22, 2012
I have super duper back problems, have to use a rollator and decided to look for a bag or 2 that is cross body style and lightweight. This, among others, fits the bill but the strap is adjustable if you want to use it as another style.

My purse measurements are: approx 11-1/2" w x 7" h x 5" d, all measured between the seam bindings. There is an outside zippered pocket on each side of the purse. There's a 7-1/4" inside pocket, the kind that is attached by stitching only at the top - makes it easier to get things out. It's white nylon(?) like the purse lining. Then, there's a cosmetic pouch the same pattern as the purse with a waterproof lining. It's Approx. 6" h x 7-1/2" w.

Many beautiful patterns to choose from and I can't imagine anyone not loving this style.

4.0 out of 5 stars First one lasted 20 years!, January 1, 2012
I love this bag because it has so many compartments. It replaces the one I've used for 20 years. My disappointment is that the strap is shorter than the original. So it hangs across my chest annoyingly higher than the one it replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable bag ever!, February 20, 2012
Diane Gutman (brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I've never had a LeSportsac bag before and this was introduction via a birthday gift from a friend. I took it on a vacation with me and was able to fit everything i'd normally put in my book bag. I even fit my iPad and professional style headphones. This is the perfect bag if you are looking for something comfortable and roomy!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Bag, Lady!, June 21, 2010
This review is from: LeSportsac Classic Hobo Handbag (Apparel)
Talk about a great handbag. For me, it's the perfect size. I've been looking for the right sized purse for quite some time, and finally found it. LeSportsac is a bit pricey, but the longevity of their merchandise makes it very economical in the long run. You'll have it for many many many years to come. In fact, you'll sooner get bored of it (size, design, etc.) before it will ever wear out to the point of retiring it for a new purse.

This Hobo Tote has an inner zippered pocket, and two outside zippered pockets, (one on either side of the bag). It also comes with a matching zippered cosmetic pouch. I don't carry a lot of stuff with me, which makes this bag ideal. It's not too big, where you have to search the "cavernous black hole" to find what you're looking for, nor too small where you're having to extricate a majority of your contents to get at what you need. The adjustable strap is a plus. It's long enough to carry your bag cross body, or shorten the strap and over the shoulder it goes!

LeSportsac comes in all different designs, styles, and colors. I purchased Primrose, and am thinking on getting an additional one in black. I think it's well worth the extra money spent.

~ jade ~

5.0 out of 5 stars All the right spaces, April 14, 2011
C. Rust (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This basic style has been made by this company for many years now and there's a reason for it. It has a roomy main compartment with a zippered closure and with an interior zippered pocket just the right size for a passport and keys when traveling. On the outside there are two full width side pockets - one on either side - to keep easily accessible items such as cell phone, tickets, etc. This is a wonderful light weight travel bag that can be used every day. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great purse! chic and lightweight., May 13, 2013
I have been buying LeSportsac items since the early '80's and I have yet to be disappointed with any of their products. This bag has a delightful print and the size of the bag is just right. I have a bad back so try to buy purses that don't weigh very much and this one fits the bill; can also be worn as a shoulder or across the front bag. It is great for travel and for those days when you don't have to be dressed up but still want to appear stylish. I have a couple of other bags in this style and would recommend this hobo bag to friends and family.

3.0 out of 5 stars LeSportsac Classic Hobo,Keepsake,one size, May 18, 2011