4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Construction; Very light

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Construction; Very light, August 11, 2009
Monica (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeSportsac Madison Cross-Body Handbag (Apparel)
I like this bag; I bought it because I am having some back troubles and wanted to get the lightest purse possible. The first thing I noticed is the quality; the fabric just feels good in your hands, and all of the seams seem strong and sturdy. The seatbelt-style strap is very well made and can go from shoulder strap length to cross body in two seconds. The main pocket fits my giant water bottle and if I tried, I could get my breakfast and lunch tupperwares in there too. You can fit a lot of stuff in this thing. But anyway, the key is that it's really light, and it's hands-free.

Cons-
I gave the bag 4 stars for two reasons. One, I really miss that internal little pocket that most purses have. I guess since they gave us two pockets on the outside, they thought we wouldn't need a third on the inside. Two, the top zipper is a little funny, because the end of one side of the zipper is not sewn into the bag. I'm not sure why they did this. It's not really a dealbreaker.

Anyway if you are traveling, or really busy, or at an amusement park or something, this is a really good bag. Seems pretty washable too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Lesportsac design, July 2, 2010
M. T. Bowers (Northern Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeSportsac Madison Cross-Body Handbag (Apparel)
The Madison is not my favorite Lesportsac model. For this size purse, I prefer the Hobo, since an east-west shape is easier to get into than a north-south one. The Madison does not have the inside zipper pouch in the lining like other models, and it does not contain the usual cosmetic zipper bag in the same print as the purse. When the Madison is full of stuff, the lower 2 zip compartments are hard to get into because they flatten against the belly of the purse.

It has the usual quality workmanship and fabric of Lesportsac, but overall, I'd skip this one and get the Hobo, or the Deluxe Shoulder Satchel instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, September 27, 2009
Great, durable bag. I would have given it 5 stars if not for the strap. While the strap is comfortable, it looks (to me) like a seat belt strap. I still love this bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with a little fix on zipper, June 21, 2010
I had shoulder surgery on one shoulder a few years ago, and am trying to avoid problems with the other.
This lightweight bag in "Blush" fits my needs. It holds everything I need when I'm out for the day without being too heavy.

I was surprised that the zipper was longer than the opening at the top. I didn't like having a loose zipper end and attached the zipper closer to the end of the bag to make it easier to close with one hand.
It's perfect now. So, I'm looking at the other fabrics available and will purchase another in this style very soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., November 1, 2012
So I basically won't use a purse at this point unless it's cross-body for comfort reasons. I'm also a cheapskate so this one was a big purse purchase for me, I usually just make a simple bag for myself or buy a cheapie $20 one. I don't regret it though I have to say it'd take a few minor tweaks to make it perfect.

First off the good: it is the perfect size, at least for me. The main zippered compartment can easily hold things like your wallet, keys, a comb or brush - and if like me you don't have jumbo ones of any of those you could fit a small water bottle in there too.

The two outer zipper compartments aren't exactly useless either. The middle one is just right for my Kindle Paperwhite in its case. The lower one is good for loose change, receipts, maybe things you want quick access to like bus passes or lip balm.

The bag itself is light and actually pretty small given how much it can hold. It's designed well and stitched well out of good sturdy materials.

Now the bad: I really only have two gripes and one is simply personal preference. The personal preference issue is that I could have used about another inch or two on that strap, just because it's rather awkward where it sits on the waist (I'm about 5'9" with some chest in the way) and prefer a cross-body's zipper to be almost at my hip as that just makes it easier to get into, with my body type this length is just a wee bit too short to be perfect but it's close. The other negative isn't huge either, the end of the zipper sticks out about 3 1/2" past the end of the bag. As I said, not a huge deal but I keep thinking "Why?" Even stitching it into a loop as a mutant keychain holder or something would have made more sense than just leaving it sticking out.

Still, next time I feel like splurging on another bag, I'd definitely go with another LeSportsac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy print makes me look....wild., July 12, 2012
This review is from: LeSportsac Madison Cross-Body Handbag (Apparel)
The Madison is a perfect sized purse to take on a trip. It fits lots of stuff and is a good design for Kindle Fire or Ipad, definitely lightweight, always looks fresh and clean. I agree with others about the limited sections, but I use small pouches to keep things organized.

I love LeSportsac products but admit that I made a mistake with this one - I regret that I picked a pink/black/gray plaid (which I love) for a change and should have purchased it in my typical solid color. The print really limits what I can wear/pack. I saw photos with the Madison across my chest chaotically over-lapping my colorfully patterned Chico's jacket. What was I thinking!?

3.0 out of 5 stars crossbody bag, August 4, 2010
Since I started using a cane I needed a lightweight, yet roomy enough bag that I could carry hands free. This bag is great---roomy enough for all my wallet, cell phone, kleenex, grooming stuff and business size mail, and very light weight! But the strap itself I find irritating on my neck. It's a lighter version of seat belt material, and the edge of it chafes my skin. I am using the bag, though.
Perhaps it will fit more comfortably in the cooler weather with heavier outer clothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight!, July 12, 2014
My 2nd Madison LeSportsac. Great design. So lightweight for your suitcase. E always use this purse across shoulders in crowds, with purse hanging in front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Ok

5.0 out of 5 stars love the lesportsac, March 25, 2014
I like the light weight and fabric sheen. also the zippered pockets. the colors are nice and very bright, ok

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›