2,364 Reviews
 (1,457)

1,115 of 1,220 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for you pregnant women
Because I am a thoughtful, awesome husband, I purchased this as a gift for my pregnant wife in the hopes of a fun sex-reward payoff. No, I'm kidding (but really I'm not). While I won't tell you what I received in return, I will offer a review of this product:

Published on October 10, 2010 by KBell

3.0 out of 5 stars Alleviates back pain, Expensive for material
My mother sent me this product as a gift when I was 4 months pregnant, at a time when my hips and lower back were consistently stiff and achey after a night's sleep. Here are my thoughts in conjunction with the other reviews:
Published on October 10, 2002 by Happy Homemaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Alleviates back pain, Expensive for material, October 10, 2002
Happy Homemaker (New England, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
1. Yes, it is big and takes up space, however I now use two pillows instead of seven to get comfortable, so it's a lot less hassle to adjust when I roll over. I like to sleep with my belly propped on the long supportive side, but do find a need to keep a standard pillow on the side that has the opening, so if I turn over I have something to support my belly... otherwise my lower back is very achey by morning.
2. I like the curves at the top and bottom. When lying on my side, it supports head, neck, and knees. I also have awakened several times lying on my back, feeling VERY comfortably cradled (which is different for me, as I NEVER slept on my back pre-pregnancy).
3. I am a fuller figure mom, and the added pregnancy weight in my chest and stomach area by four months was causing significant problems with aches and acid reflux/heartburn pain. I find that this pillow can be manuevered to prop me up without shifting through the night, as my standard pillows did, which is imperative to lessen these discomforts.
4. After using it nightly for a few months, the filling has not lost any supportive qualities.
Over all, I do find sleeping with it to be more pleasurable than standard pillows, and my aches and pains upon waking are quite minimal. Reading other reviews, I cannot help but wonder if my being fuller-figured makes it a better product for me. I have a fuller-figured friend whose experience with it has been the same as mine. I could understand if it seems more imposing and cumbersome to a smaller framed woman, though.
I do regard it as a sleeping necessity at this time and am thankful to have received it as a present, however I took a "star off the rating" as I do not feel the materials are worthy of the price. It is no different from standard pillows in filling material or firmness. $$$ is quite an inflated price for a product whose only difference from other materials on the market is shape. If money is not an object, or nights are miserable and one is desperate, I could see investing the money. I personally will get the money's worth because I received it early in my pregnancy. (I would feel bad that my mom spent so much on it if I used it only for month or two, but that's just my opinion of value.) After pregnancy, I don't think that I will keep it in the bed, as I would prefer to lie next to my husband rather than a pillow. Right now I am so large that I can't get near my husband anyway without my belly getting in the way, so it's not a major problem that we have a barrier between us.
The other "star rating deduction" is about the "cover" that comes on it... It is made of a coarse fabric that causes mild discomfort when directly touching my skin. I rectified this problem by sewing my own cover (out of two yards of soft cotton fabric that added additional cost to the use of the product) that I traced from the cover that came with the pillow. This is not a pillow that one can just throw a regular pillow case on, so a custom one must be made or bought (if they even sell them). If you don't have the time or ability to do this, then the "scratchy" fabric could definitely pose a discomfort to sensitive skin. With my homemade cover, there is little STRUCTURALLY that I can complain about.
I DO use it daily and it offers me relief from a certain level of discomfort, however the bottom line is what price you put on comfort. For some, the comfort attained will not justify the price, for others it may be priceless to get even a small amount of relief.
My personal rating is 3/5 stars as it comes. If it were less costly and came with a soft pillow cover, I would change my rating to a 5/5 star.

1,115 of 1,220 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for you pregnant women, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)

First off, you probably already realize this, but this is an expensive pillow. It was hard to justify whether a pillow & spare case was worth the $$, but can you really put a price tag on a good night sleep? (Side note - Guys, I don't know about you, but if she sleeps well, I sleep well) Having said this, I still believe it's overpriced, but I've wasted more money on less. Get over it.

Second, my wife loves this pillow. She is about to begin her third trimester and sleep has been an issue since ~week 17. This pillow comfortably cradles all her changing lady parts and offers a wide variety of configurations depending on her needs. While she mainly uses it for sleep, we both agree it will work perfectly during breastfeeding and I know she will bring it to the hospital for delivery. An insert in the packaging offers many other ideas for alternative uses.

Third, changing the case is a legitimate pain in the ass. My wife refuses to deal with it, so I am left with the duty because I've learned not to argue with a pregnant woman. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it pisses her off, but it still sucks. They should make a case with a zipper and be done with it. (For what it's worth, the reasons I didn't give it 5 stars is because of ridiculous price and the case)

Fourth, I'm already envisioning some unique "extracurricular" uses for this pillow, but we haven't tried anything yet. I'd say I'd keep you posted, but that would be a lie. Use your imagination, you pervert.

In summary, this is a decent buy. Trust me, because I rarely waste this much time writing a review. If you're a guy reading this, sack up and do something nice for your girl. She's taking a serious one for the team right now - you owe it to her.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Pillow = Happy Pregnant Wife., January 15, 2014
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this pillow for my Pregnant Wife for Christmas. She absolutely loves it and will not sleep without it. Seriously, the complete change in her mood can not be over stated.

Prior to this pillow being introduced in our lives, our sleep time was traumatic for me at best. She would do her best to turn herself into a human straight jacket, forcing me to invoke the spirit of Houdini just to try and desperately breath in order to sleep. Her human convection oven level temperature regulation problems combined with her overactive dreams had me sweating and taking beatings like a prisoner of the Viet Cong.

This pillow has provided her with something else to strangle into sleepy time submission and granted me the thermal barrier I needed to avoid heat stroke at 2 a.m. I haven't taken an elbow to the eye socket or a heel to the groin in weeks and I'm glad to report that I was, in fact, able to roll over for the first time in years last night.

To summarize, if the Rancor from Star Wars has ripped it's way into your bedroom snarling with levels of ferocity previously thought impossible, throw a snoogle at it and watch the amazing transformation unfold before your eyes. Suddenly,there will be a pregnant Wife peacefully sleeping in front of you resembling a sweet napping puppy, tuckered out from a long day of chasing butterflies...

For the love of God and all things Holy... BUY THE PILLOW!!!

If your Wife lays with the long side of the Snoogle towards the edge of the bed, she will resemble an unfortunate turtle when trying to get up in the morning. I don't know entirely whether this a good or a bad thing, but it's certainly entertaining...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best if you are ALREADY a side sleeper before pregnancy, July 8, 2007
If you are NOT a side sleeper already, this pillow will probably be great for pregnancy. When you sleep on your side, your hips and shoulders are not evenly aligned, which can be uncomfortable plus one shoulder is always uner you and can fall asleep - not to mention the belly that hangs out as you become more an more pregnant.

If you already are a side sleeper, you probably have solved these problems. I sleep on a Temperpedic-type pillow for my neck/bottom shoulder plus use a king sized pillow paralell to my body to align hips and top shoulder. This is basically what this and other body pillows do for you.

The problem I found is with this "C" shaped design, you are forced to use the Snoogle as the pillow under your head. It is like using a brand new cotton filled pillow -my head was propped up high, causing a neck ache. I only want to sleep with my existing pillow. Also the material was hot. Every night I tried it I threw it out of bed within an hour or so.

My solution was to instead buy a "cuddle U" pillow which is shaped like a "U". I put the curved part of the U at my feet and can use my existing pillow for my head. I tuck the covers around the entire pillow and still get the body support I am looking for. I am a tall person (5'10") and the curve being at/near my feet is not a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars SLEEP ON A CLOUD!!!, October 21, 2005
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
Last week, we went to BRU and my husband got me the Snoogle as a special treat since I had been experiencing discomfort during the night. I am entering my eighth month and have always had hip problems because it was dislocated during birth and the extra weight (I am already fuller figured as it is) doesn't help. Every time I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, it takes me almost an hour to fall back to sleep because I just can't get comfortable (I have always been a "belly sleeper" and now my belly is too big to lie on).

At first I was surprised at how expensive this pillow was, but I guess you pay for the shape and its multiple uses. I personally don't think the material is "scratchy" or anything, but I guess it isn't equivalent to the 1000 count sheets that some of these ladies must be lying on. I didn't expect it to be, so I am not disappointed in the material. Perhaps some fabric softener?

The size of the pillow can be daunting, especially when you wake up in the middle of the night thinking your sleeping with a cushy boa constrictor. There have been a few nights where I have gotten frustrated and kicked it to the bottom of the bed because it almost seems like a third person is in bed with you. This may be due to the fact that my husband and I are both chubby, our bed is not exactly King Size and our dog tries to sneak on when he knows we're asleep, making it a bit crowded.

On a good night, I like the Snoogle because it keeps me on my left side (which is apparently the only way for a Pregger to sleep) when I would normally end up on my belly. It is easier to disengage from and return to the Snoogle than 10 pillows it took 20 minutes to begin with to arrange "just right" when it's 3am and you're half asleep. The best "Snoogle-sleep" I have gotten was last night, because I moved one of my two head pillows to the Snoogle curve in between my legs for added height. I don't know why or how, but I didn't even wake up once in the night to pee! In fact, I woke up 10 hours later drooling; the sleep was that restful!

Also, you might have trouble prying the Snoogle away if you have a Nip Nap husband like I do!!! He looks like he is sleeping on a cloud when I come home late from work. We refer to the pillow as "Snoogle" as if it were a friend and even use Snoogle as a verb like: "Were you snoogling?" or "It's my turn to Snoogle!" We anticipate that after the pregnancy, the baby will be able to use Snoogle like a Boppy to prop himself or the dog can sleep in it once it gets old and ratty. So, basically, the Snoogle is a pretty good investment, if you ask me!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pillow!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
First of all, I am NOT pregnant and love this pillow. I've always been a side sleeper, tucking pillows around me. This pillow is amazing, it's not too firm or too soft. I've only had it about 2 weeks so not sure how long it will hold up. Seems to be good quality. Worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't discount this pillow just because you think it's too big, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
I will be the first to admit that I was on the fence with the necessity of a pregnancy pillow in the first place. I am not really too big yet considering I am 20w and I haven't been overly uncomfortable to this point. I also am pretty attached to the expensive and comfy Tempurpedic pillow I bought last year. With all the reviews I read for the Snoogle that implied it was huge and that you need to give up the pillow you use under your head, I had been eying the Compact Snoogle instead.

However, I am happy to report that I love the full-size Snoogle AND I still can use my Tempurpedic pillow. I have the curly end pointing towards my feet hooking around me and have the L-shaped end wrap around my Tempurpedic pillow (between the pillow and the headboard) and down along the side of the bed. I have found that sleeping on my side either way is immensely comfortable. I am 5'11" and we have a Queen size bed and this pillow really isn't too large. Plus, because of how I have the pillow positioned (with it running along the outside of the bed) it isn't like I have a barrier between my husband and I.

Don't discount the full-size Snoogle just because you think you need to give up the pillow you use under your head (if you're attached to it like I am). This is a really wonderful pillow.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best gift I think I've ever received! (and UPDATE below), January 10, 2005
kerryfan (Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
This was on the top of my Christmas gift list, and I swear by it!

I'm currently expecting twins, and after a month of getting hardly any sleep, I unwrapped this gift on Xmas morning. Since then, every night has been one of GREAT SLEEP! I love it because I can get it all the way around my body. If the weight of my midsection is uncomfortable, I can take the part of the Snoogle that comes up between my legs and use the end of it to bolster my midsection. This really helps prevent ligament pulling. I can easily sleep on my back with the pillow under my neck and the bottom of it under my legs.

I find that by 5 p.m. I can use it in bed and relax and recline there for hours without ever getting sore from being in one position too long.

I've had to go on two business trips, and its easy to put in a large garbage bag and carry into the hotel, so I can get a good night of sleep on the road as well.

The only complaint comes from my husband. He says that he can't cuddle with me because there is so much pillow in the way. In order to try and accommodate him, I moved the open part from my side of the bed to the middle of the bed. It worked well all night, but when I needed to get up in the early AM to go to the bathroom, my husband had to roll me over the long side of it. Having done this with me once, we realized that it was better to have the opening part toward my side of the bed and not between the two of us.

The price shouldn't discourage you, if you think $50 is too high a price. When you're pregnant and uncomfortable at night, no cost is too high for a good night of sleep!

UPDATE - I've been using this pillow now for 4 months to assist me in nursing the twins. I have a boppy pillow, but find that the snoogle works better for nursing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snoogle Body Pillow, December 12, 2010
I was looking for a body pillow that would be comfortable and found this one on amazon. It is the Best pillow I have ever had! I am not pregnant and I know these are meant for pregnant women but thought it was worth the try. I am so happy with it! I am thinking about getting one for my son who was in a terrible accident and has some issues with his back and neck! I think this will help him out!! I just can't say it enough, I LOVE THIS PILLOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing, February 26, 2006
This review is from: Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow (Health and Beauty)
This pillow was given to me as a gift when I was 4 months pregnant. I had been having a very hard time sleeping comfortably and would often be up for 2 or so hours during the night because of it. I was getting exhausted. I had "the great wall of pillows" going because I was trying to get some support, but nothing helped.

Then I got this pillow, and right away I was able to sleep through the night. It turns easily with me and I feel so supported in any position I find myself in. I like that it is narrower than most body pillows on the market, because that makes it fit both my body and my bed that much better. I typically put the long side in front of me and use it to keep me at a 45 degree angle to the mattress, which I find supportive and relaxing. I also now no longer get pins and needles in the arm that I'm laying on. I would pay this price for this product, because my sleep and comfort are worth it to me.

Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow