Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 4, 2013
I was expecting a little more detail about the Butler basketball program. It does highlight it but also talks about Butler as a whole. The principals are good but I was expecting a few more specifics.
on February 27, 2013
My adult Sunday School class discussed this book one week, came up with ways that we can lead fuller lives individually and some ideas to be used in our church. Easy read, occasionally a bit repetitious
on July 1, 2013
Brad Stevens explains his use of team values to help his players succeed both on and off the court. He uses Christian values as teaching points. An excellent tool for other coaches to use because it is an easy read.
on February 18, 2013
I may be a little prejudiced as I am a Butler grad (1961) and many of these principals were already in motion at that time. This book should be read by young athletes, coaches and parents. There is life after sports, and it is more important than just the moment of glory while participating in your sport.
on February 27, 2013
We have had the privilege of knowing both Dr. Kent Millard and Brad Stevens. They both remain strong but humble examples of dedication to Christian values in pursuing their passions. To pursue excellence in athletics but remain true to Christian principles may seem at odds but Dr. Millard has documented Brad Stevens' success in achieving just that.
on December 2, 2013
What is interesting about this book is that it easily speaks to the premise that leaders only lead when they have the permission of the followers, and how to go about getting that permission. Further, there are many self-help management books to read, and people gobble them up like Skittles, but so very very few can begin to engage in the skills discussed.
For example: "people willingly follow and admire leaders who are not primarily focused on their position, power, and prestige."
The difference between the "servant first" and the "leader first"...leaders do the right thing, managers do what is right.
Huge difference.
It all sounds good, but when that manager is behind the desk, it's amazing to watch them revert to the old way.
on May 28, 2013
Lead Like Butler is an easy read that provides the principals that everyone can use to become an effective leader in whatever station of life they are in.
on May 11, 2013
great read for anyone interested in Butler Basketball and how it involves the players , not only in the game, but in all aspects of life during and after their college days.
on April 17, 2013
You Want to Coach child because you see potential or you want to Coach my Child because you see natural ability and potential for immediate success?!

I start my review this way because of the way I have observed in the present coaching of our Little Leagues. It seems that our coaches do not have the time for instructions and working with a child who has more desire than ability. It seems to be more about winning than about helping individuals who are worthy of becoming role models.

If you show talent, next year forget Little League, you will be on a traveling team!

I think anyone desiring to work our youth should read this book.
If this book is taken to heart, our youth will be the beneficiaries of the best foundation possible and be the best role models for a better tomorrow!

Thank you Rev. Millard for giving me better understanding of "The Butler Way"! I loved them before and love them much more now!! GO BUTLER!!
This book is a must read for any business (owner, employer & employees), athletes, coaches, for our students in our high schools and colleges and our churches. If we applied these principles to our daily living the world and the United States would be better off.