Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leaders on Leadership: Wisdom, Advice and Encouragement on the Art of Leading God's People (Leading Edge)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 12, 2009
This was a required read for me during my Master Degree program at Azusa Pacific University in California. I would highly recomend this book to all Managers / Leaders. I have completed the program, and am now re-reading this book because I found it so interesting. I considered the information I found in this book very thought provoking, and was glad it was required in my course, or otherwise I may have never found this gem.
on December 19, 2010
This is a great book that really makes you think. It was required reading for a class and very glad it was. The many authors who penned their years of experience have come together to bring a book that is full of knowledge that would be very useful for anyone who is in a leadership position or seeking a leadership position. Great for church boards, lay leaders, etc. Highly recommend this for a group study.
on March 17, 2014
I love all books by Barna and books such as "Leaders on Leadership" is why. If you feel called by Christ to venture out into the world and lead then this is the book for you. Let me give you some of the topics this group of outstanding Christian authors tackle.
Being a Tough but Tender Leader by H.B. London Jr.
Becoming a Spiritually Mature Leader by Gene Getz
Nothing is More Important than Leadership by George Barna
The Leader as Change Agent Doug Murren
Building a Team to get the Job Done Tom Phillips
All the chapters are excellent in this book. I leaded much from it.
This book is well worth your time and treasure.
on August 4, 2009
Very interesting book. Since it is written by several different spiritual leaders, there are ebbs and flows to the book where one can quickly flow through certain chapters effortlessly, while others require a bit more consideration and effort to get through.

I enjoyed the experience, overall.
on April 13, 2000
This book was fantastic on the subject matter covered. It explains thoroughly how to plant churches by the 3 basic models and how to help them grow, and how to effectively contribute to already existing churches, as well as full scale churches. Very essential information is presented for anyone who wants to futher the kingdom of God in any way.
The contributors are people who are widely recognized in ministry. Some are professors, others are pastors, and others still are consultants. The goal of this volume was to challenge leaders to become better at the art of leading. The authors are evangelicals representing a wide variety of views within evangelicalism. Barna is certainly known for his previous works on church growth and trends in America.
The uniqueness of this book is probably the honesty with which the contributors make their points. It felt more like a personal interview with many of them. They did a good job at getting to the heart of the matter. So often leadership books are trite or boring. Many authors of such books seem to know-it-all. I seldom felt that way while reading this book. The contributors seemed to have a genuine interest in helping the reader to become all that God wants him/her to be.
Paul Heier, author of Leading Out of Love
on September 30, 2008
Everything was good with the book. Just marks in the book from the previous owner.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2004
This book really touched me, showed me how to become the best leader I could possibly be. It shows you the ropes to become better at leading people in the church.