"I really like the way this book is written with systematic chapters building on each other and, most of all, clear learning objectives to commence each chapter." - Dr. Julie Cullen, Centre for Innovation and Leadership in Health Sciences, University of Southampton
From the Back Cover
Leadership and Management in Nursing, Fourth Edition, offers an easy-to-read approach to leadership and management principles through case studies and student exercises. Completely updated in a new edition, this book utilizes widely accepted models of leadership, and recognizes time-related changes that have occurred in health care delivery and how nursing is practiced. With a heavy emphasis on the workplace, it covers legal and ethical issues, as well as improving human relationship skills. Additional topics include:
- The new health care system,
- Leadership theory, the interactive processes of leadership, and ethics
- An overview of organization and management
- Managers' responsibilities
- An introduction to the management of resources.
For staff nurses.