5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Leadership Book!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Leadership Starts With You (Kindle Edition)
Tim Milburn, who brings many years of coaching and advising leaders, has once again brought us a great motivational book on how to shine as a leader. Anyone who reads this book can be guaranteed many solid and creative concepts that will assist him or her in becoming an effective and capable leader. Tim writes in a conversational style that brings his message to us in an easy to digest format. I would recommend this book to all who desire to lead others in any sphere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best resource available for teaching leadership, January 13, 2014
As a teacher of Interpersonal Relationships and Leadership, I found this book highly informative. It is a great resource that concisely explains the characteristics that go into making a great leader!

I found the book to be extremely clear and a lively read. Tim's writing keeps your attention and lays out a definitive path of what makes a good leader.

I plan on giving a copy to all my Key Club leaders!

5.0 out of 5 stars I constantly talk about this book!, November 27, 2013
This is a fantastic book on leadership. I consider it a "must have" primer for anyone that teaches or trains students or staff in leadership roles.

It is a quick and easy read, but packed with critical principles that will help people make great daily and life decisions. I am constantly recommending this book to colleagues and friends.

Some of the topics the book touches on are character, organization, self-talk, attitude, consistency, self-discipline, etc.

I had our Student Leadership team read and write a reflection on this book during their summer training. One student commented that this book had a life-changing impact on him.

Again, I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Leadership Starts With You (Kindle Edition)
This is a book I will go back to again and again for training new leaders.
It is one of the best books I have read about Leadership!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leadership Starts With You (and YOU need to read this book), April 17, 2012
Simple book. Leadership starts with you. Duh. I knew that.

What I didn't know was WHY. WHY does leadership start with me - and with you? This book explains it, simply, so even I can understand it.

This is a book I wish I'd had...

20 years ago, when I graduated high school, to understand I needed to lead myself first - before I could ever expect anyone to follow me;
10 years ago, when I was promoted to manager of an IT team, when I needed to step up and discipline myself before I tried to tell everyone on my team how THEY should be.

This book is the best investment you can make in your leadership life. Whether you lead 100 people or just 1 (you) this book is worth it's weight in rhodium (and when you read the book you'll know why I chose that element).

For $6.99 and 2 hours it will take you to read this, plus a LIFETIME of implementing it, this book is incredibly worthwhile for leaders of all levels and ages.

Full disclosure: Tim sent me a free copy of this book with no expectation of a good review. He just asked me to share my honest feedback with him. I think it's good enough I should share it with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whether your a mother or a boss, you will love this book., March 22, 2012
I LOVED this book. I literally think about a piece of this book daily.Being a mother of 3 I am always looking for a book to help me be the best mom and role model for my children. This book fit that category.My favorite part was when Tim challenged me to think about "what would I regret not having accomplished a year from now." For me it was getting fit again. Since Tim is a graduate of P90X his success story encouraged me to go for it and stop talking about it. The other challenge was for me to follow through with the aspiration to write. I don't do it everyday like he does, but I'm trying. I have recommended this book to every leader I know and my husband is considering handing it out to his staff members. Tim you did an awesome job, love your blog too and I will keep spreading the word.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prove you can lead yourself before you expect to lead others!, February 22, 2012
Love this book! Great quick reading with tons of short, but succinct leadership insights: Before they fall in line behind you, they want to see if you can lead YOU. Oh such wise words. Pay attention wanna be leaders: Leadership isn't as easy as many believe. That's why so many fail and fail miserably. They forget that leadership is about leading yourself first, staying committed to yourself, your values, and your own individual personal/professional development. Tim does a great job hitting these and many other points to clarify it's important to get one's own "house" in order before attempting to lead others. Well done and a great "Must Read" for all management types from new supervisors to senior execs. Basic insights for the newbies and a great refresher for those with more time in leadership positions. I'd suggest is as a Lunch & Learn discussion group for leadership teams. Well done Tim!

Leadership Starts With You