From the Back Cover
The Poppendiecks organize this book around the crucial concept of frames, the unspoken mental constructs that shape our perspectives and control our behavior in ways we rarely notice. For software leaders and team members, some frames lead to long-term failure, while others offer a strong foundation for success. Drawing on decades of experience, the authors present twenty-four frames that offer a coherent, complete framework for leading lean software development. You'll discover powerful new ways to act as competency leader, product champion, improvement mentor, front-line leader, and even visionary.
- Systems thinking: focusing on customers, bringing predictability to demand, and revamping policies that cause inefficiency
- Technical excellence: implementing low-dependency architectures, TDD, and evolutionary development processes, and promoting deeper developer expertise
- Reliable delivery: managing your biggest risks more effectively, and optimizing both workflow and schedules
- Relentless improvement: seeing problems, solving problems, sharing the knowledge
- Great people: finding and growing professionals with purpose, passion, persistence, and pride
- Aligned leaders: getting your entire leadership team on the same page
About the Author
Tom Poppendieck, an enterprise analyst, architect, and agile process mentor, currently assists organizations in applying lean principles and tools to software development processes. The Poppendiecks are authors of Lean Software Development, winner of the 2004 Jolt Software Development Productivity Award, and Implementing Lean Software Development (both from Addison-Wesley).