Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 20, 2013
This book was recommended by the instructor of my Agile/Scrum certification (CSM) course.

I got an older version (with green cover) from eBay.

I read this book before taking a course through Fred Pryor Seminars. Reading the book laid the foundation, then taking the course filled in the blanks. From this perspective, it was well worth the price.

This book was very detailed with nice, trim, summaries at the end. The principles were clearly stated. By reading the details, then repeating with the summary, I felt that I got more out of the book.

I can't say that this book was a page turner, and I did need to force myself to pick it up from time to time, but the book was short enough. Overall, I got the important principles of project management from it.

The book doesn't need to be read cover to cover. That's just the way I did it, but one could use this as a reference.

The one downside for me: I personally didn't like the way the endnotes are put at the end of each chapter. Some of the most useful information is in these endnotes. It breaks my reading flow to look them up.

I didn't read the Appendix on calculating the critial path (CPM). My instructor told me that software does that adquately well, and all you really need is to be aware of it.

There is a lot of repetition. Ordinarily, I wouldn't like this; but with this book, I found it useful to learn these concepts.
on June 26, 2013
This book gives you everything you need to know about Project Management and Team Leadership. It's very clearly written and easy to understand. Even for someone like me who has been in Project Management for years, it's interesting to read, to know you are doing all you can to lead successful projects.
on February 10, 2012
I have no formal experience with project management. I'm using this book fir a graduate course at FSU. The author is very thorough in his explanation of project Management without the overuse of jargon. Vocabulary us bolder at yge enc if the chapters in a vocabulary list and chapter includes a summary and graphs/charts for examples.
on February 14, 2015
Extremely difficult to read. Full of fluff and filler statements that add no value to the content. Reads like a college paper with the author trying to make his page requirement. Not recommended.
on November 19, 2013
Leading Project Teams: The Basics of Project Management and Team Leadership…

Given that this was a required book for school …. its very "Simple to understand"