Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 30, 2012
I live in a concrete jungle and it's difficult to get a good signal. I also face the opposite direction of the antenna towers. Hooked this up in about 5 minutes, did the scan and all the stations that my RCA 1400 would not pick up came in crystal clear with this antenna. I taped it up to my exterior window and found the sweet spot after moving it around a bit. I also got a better reception if I did not tape the bottom of the leaf to the window, just tape on the top of the antenna only..!
on November 25, 2012
Very happy with this purchase. Ordered the leaf plus (new) from a different seller first. What they shipped was a leaf (not plus). Tried that out on 2 different TV's before returning it for the leaf plus (refurbished). Got here quickly and was better packed for shipping than the new antenna. Tried it out in identical positions as I had tried the passive leaf a short time before - with noticeable improvement. What I was replacing was rabbit ears and compared to that this is vastly better. And because of its light weight and wall velcro mount I was able to place it near the ceiling where I could never have placed other antennas that need to 'sit' on a table of surface.

To me I gave up nothing in buying the refurbished product and got it for half the price and better packed for shipping. YMMV, I was looking for something to help on the first floor of the middle of a row of townhomes with the 2 main clusters of stations oriented along the row.
on December 1, 2012
Got this through Dealville for 40 shipped a month back. I'm about 42 miles north of Chicago and managed to get 30 digital channels by just throwing it up on the wall to verify that it worked (Xmas present to self). I'm sure I could get more if I play with its location. Not having to pay for cable is going to be nice!!!!!

The only bad thing I can think of is that the cables arent all that long. Not a problem for me but it could be for somebody that needs to extend it more than 6 feet.
on February 14, 2013
First let me say this applies to people living in Spring, TX just south from the Woodlands, area code 77386. This antenna works great as long as it is place on the window. So why do I give this a 2 stars out of 5.
1) The coax cable is short and you need to find an extension so that you can move it around.
2) This device needs to be next to a window in order for me to get good receptions. I have a CHEAP RCA antenna (30 channels) I bought from amazon for $9 that works better than the Leaf (12 to 15 channels) without being near a window. (If you are single and don't care for aesthetics go cheap, otherwise you'll have to find ways to hide even the Leaf)
3) You have to set the Leaf vertical with the power supply down. I don't know why but that's what the instructions state and it really doesn't work unless you have it set that way
4) After 6 months of using this device, I bought another $9 RCA antenna from Amazon, with 100 ft. of coax cable. I ran the cable to the attic following instructions on Youtube on running cables behind the walls. The cheap RCA antenna (this time 35 channels) in the attic still works better than the Leaf (12 to 20 channels). I did this for the guest bedroom and now I have it also set up for our main living room.
5) I still rate this 2 stars just because I'm still using it. I have it for our bedroom TV which is next to the window (20 to 30 channels), which works great.
6) I really don't watch all the channels, but the ones I do watch is ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and ION (this does not include the sub-channels of the network). The Leaf in my house always has problems with either NBC or ABC. The clarity is not that great and the channels goes in and out.
7) My HD 50" Vizio smart tv, has better clarity with the RCA antenna.
GO CHEAP! It looks ugly but works great. You can always invest in running coax up the walls or use existing ones and place the antenna in the attic or outside for better reception. Plus you can extend the range with "Foil"
on December 1, 2012
When I received the package I was even more astonished by the size of this antenna, simple 1 minute installation! After running the channel auto search I was glowing to see how many channels it actually picked up in he quality.
on December 23, 2012
Having recently cut ties with Comcast and exorbinant $125/mos fee, I needed a way of getting some local channels so that I could watch network shows and local news. A friend sent me a link for Leaf Plus but recommended amplified version. Being a cheapskate and all, I opted for the refurbished model of the Leaf Plus Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna. Great choice! Highly recommend and endorse. With little effort, I hooked up the Leaf and re-ran Initial Setup on my Sony TV. Within in a few minutes, it located all local networks and a few digital extras. Couldn't be happier! Great picture. Simple product and connection. As advertised.
on January 17, 2013
I read the reviews here and was unsure which Leaf product to buy, as I live in the suburbs of a large city. So I decided to do a "taste test". I bought the Leaf and the Leaf Plus. I called the company and learned that the Leaf Plus is mainly for more rural areas, and may not be the best answer for areas close to (or in) a large city. With the regular Leaf, I received 25 stations. With the Leaf Plus, I received one more station, so I returned the cheaper Leaf. If you're switching from cable to antenna, thinking you will get many of the same cable stations, think again. Out of the 26 stations I can get with the antenna, I receive ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS. The remaining 22 are extra channels of the first four (who knew there were four NBCs?) and several Hispanic and Chinese channels. There are also a few rerun channels. No great shakes, but if you need to cut down on that bad ol' cable bill, you may be able to get used to this, which is pretty much "bare bones" (it's like TV before cable, but with a few weird extras). For now, I have cut my cable down to the cheaper package, and after a few months will go cold turkey on the antenna. Hey-- you only pay once for the antenna, then it's all free. The antenna is white on one side, black on the other (either side up works), and can be taped to a wall or window. I got the best reception with the antenna taped on a window (facing the nearest station towers). You will probably have to move it around some until you find the best location. The reception was EXCELLENT once I got it in the right spot. I'm looking forward to spending my cable money on something that lasts. I spent way too much time in front of the tube anyway. For me, getting $100/month back in my pocket is way better than getting 200 channels of which I only watch maybe 20. [You can call the helpful folks at Leaf (MOHU) and they will tell you all about your local stations and reception area.]
on December 22, 2012
I decided to try going without satellite TV, instead streaming using Prime. I wanted to retain my OTA channels, though, so I looked into an indoor antenna. I didn't want the hassle of installing an outside antenna, and I didn't want to bother with mounting one in my attic.

Most of my local TV stations are within 30 miles of my home, and all but one are in the same compass heading so I figured it was probably the best-case for an indoor antenna.

In the box is the antenna itself, which is pretty much the same size as a 8.5"x11" (letter) sheet of paper. It's really thin, too. There is a blue LED that lights up when it is powered, so keep that in mind when choosing a location if that's going to be a concern. It isn't for me. There is also a USB cable for powering the amplifier (the amp. itself has a micro USB connector on it) and a small AC wall power adapter that accepts the USB cable (it's rated at 600mA.). The coax cable for the antenna is 6 feet long. The description I read said 16 feet, but that's not true for my copy. Extending the antenna would mean using a coax extension cable, and possibly a longer USB cable to power the amp.

When I first received it, I hooked it up to my TV, plugged the USB cable from the amplifier module to the TV's USB port for power, and just laid it flat on a shelf next to the TV just to see what happened. It picked up every station in town except for the one not on the same compass heading, with what had to be the worst, most lazy "installation" possible :)

It comes with adhesive-backed hook-and-loop pads to attach it to a wall or window. For testing I just used tape to tape it to the wall above my TV. When I did that, it picked up every station regardless of compass heading. It's on an interior wall -- not a window or other "ideal" choice -- and it still works great.

I'm thrilled with how it is performing. A bigger antenna outside or in the attic might be better, but I'm not sure how since I get a good signal on everything I want to watch as it is.
on August 28, 2013
I got this antenna for a problem area where reception from a housetop antenna drops out at random intervals for no apparent reason. This antenna appears to do a better job than the outdoor antenna (perhaps because it does not suffer from a long cable run). I like that it is powered by the USB port on the TV so it is only on when the TV is on. I use this antenna just NW of Fort Worth, TX (in River Oaks) and it gets remarkably good reception. I don't know what needed to be refurbished but at the price I don't think you could find a better indoor antenna if antennaweb shows you are in a decent reception area. All the praise aside, this device, like the rooftop antenna, still does not deliver perfect performance. There are times when the channel I wish to watch either stutters terribly or drops out completely. I believe this is simply a shortcoming of terrestrial TV signals.
on December 12, 2012
I purchased this antenna because of all the positive reviews. This laminated
"thing" is an awesome antenna !! Installation is very easy and I did as instructed and scanned for channels. It found 24 channels but some of them
didn't come in very well. I know from previous experience that placing the antenna is the most important step. I had some idea where that perfect spot was in my home so I started there. I moved it little by little and kept re-scanning until I was happy with the results. I ended up with 16 channels that come in without moving the antenna, "ever". I am happy as a clam. If you are contemplating giving "over the air" television a try, this is the antenna to buy. With Amazon's great service and return policy you have nothing to lose and lots to gain by eliminating pay TV.