5.0 out of 5 stars An immediate hit
Published on July 15, 2010 by LittleJK

3.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old is BORED after only a couple hours of play
My 5 year old son asked me last night to sell Toy Story 3 game for him cause its "SOOOO BORING, DAD". We purchased the game just 1 week ago...

I decided I would try to change his opinion - so after the kids were in bed last night I played the game myself to see if I could make suggestions on what he was doing wrong.

My observations:
1) There...
Published on August 20, 2010 by brownsfan

3.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old is BORED after only a couple hours of play, August 20, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars

My observations:
1) There are 4 games - all 4 are VERY simplistic and boring.
2) The "reward" for doing well in those 4 games is to earn more toys "to play with". However, "playing with the toys" involves opening the toy box and clicking on them so they appear laying around in Andy's room - that's it - there will be no playing with the toys, apparently!
3) At 5 years old (entering Kindergarten next week) difficulty levels 1 and 2 (on all 4 games) are too easy for him, level 3 (which has addition facts like 5+3=?) is too hard - so he just guesses the answers. But I expect that even when he CAN answer those questions, the game will still be boring.

I have older kids so I know that Leapster isn't designed or capable of entertaining the kids like DS or PSP, but I think this particular game does a particularly bad job.

5.0 out of 5 stars An immediate hit, July 15, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
My five year old received this for his birthday. This has been his only Leapster game choice for a week now. However, today he did complain that he'd collected all the toys and does seem to be getting a little bored. This may happen with any of the games. I suggested he play a higher level and that seems to have renewed his interest. Although, he plays for less time and puts it away himself. Not necessarily a bad thing. There are four games to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome fun!, September 1, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
Great game, my son who is five was able to play most of the game modes with no help. There are a few that he will be "growing" into. But that just gives the game more to play. The voices are even close enuff to where you cant tell the difference. My son loves this game and he's learning the whole time he plays. Great game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable game for young Toy Story Fans, March 11, 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
For my four-year-old son, this game was fun and entertaining. He played before he saw the Toy Story 3 movie.
Some of it was challenging for him, and I think some of that is him trying to play the game without instruction.
Soon he got it.

I do see how soon his skill set may surpass that needed to play this game. Not because my son is advanced but b/c the games seem somewhat simplistic that a 5 or 6 yr old may get bored. I prefer that games involve numbers and letters, and a bit more learning value. However, I am sure the hand-eye coordination skills he is gaining from this game are beyond what I can see. Great graphics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Game was order for a Leapster GS, January 8, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
The game would only work on a Leapster Explorer. It was returned and never used. The information should include that it would only work with a GS.

5.0 out of 5 stars child friendly, December 24, 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
My grandson loves it! Very interactive and educational. Great use of all the characters. Game is loads of fun and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., November 28, 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
My niece had this on her Christmas want list. I'm sure she will be totally satisfied with it. It arrived a couple of days early & in good condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Kids, November 27, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
My niece was very happy with her gift. She opened it (age 4) and ran to get her Leapster game and immediately inserted the disk and was winning points within the first 5 mins. AMAZING.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leapster Toy Story 3, September 17, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
My son loved this game. I purchased it as a reward for doing so well in soccer. It's great that he can gain a bit of knowledge and enjoy himself at the same time...

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute Game, Just like Movie...Too Easy for 5 yr olds, January 1, 2011
This review is from: LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3 (Toy)
Santa brought this to my 5 yr old daughter b/c she loved the movie; the game is very cute, exactly like the movie and she enjoyed it very much the first few hours she played with it. Now she seems to be over it, she has won all the "rewards" and played with all the toys already. I played a bit on level 3 and it was way easy, level 1 is practically for a toddler. I'm somewhat disappointed that it isn't a bit more challenging since the age range is higher than some of our other games. It would also be great of Leapster could come up with a download process; so after you open up all the extra stuff, you can log online and win some new ones to keep the games fresh and interesting. OH well. It is a cute game, but if your child is in kindergarten and already knows basic math and problem solving skills, they will master this game the first hour of play.

LeapFrog® Leapster® Learning Game: Toy Story 3