Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on November 16, 2011
My 4 year old son received this as a gift. He knows his numbers but needed practice writing them before starting kindergarten. This toy works better than any trace pad, it lights up behind the drawing area so my son learned each step the proper way and then could see his work after he was finished. He enjoys that he can see the number he has written without the dots underneath but like to have the dots as a guide. When he has finished there is positive reinforcement with fireworks or clapping and counting.
The toy has 3 modes. 1 for numbers, one to teach your child to draw shapes and then a game mode where it does some simple math equations. Overall this is well worth the price and can be used in the car or to keep your child entertained during an hour long basketball practice for their sibling :)
Only con I can think of is the sound. It's loud or really loud! I WISH companies would create a reverse sound button. My son automatically slides the on button all the way down IMO that setting should be the lowest volume and the middle setting the higher but oh well.
33 comments37 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
There's not a ton to do on this learning toy but it does help with counting and learning numbers and how to draw them. I worry about the durability of that strange film-slide-erase-thingy that I grew up with.. I didn't think they were still around after 20+ years.

What's important is that my son does still play with it daily after 2 weeks since his birthday. He already knows his numbers but he needs to learn to draw them a little better and this does the job.

I'd recommend, plus it's inexpensive.
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
This LeapFrog Count and Draw is a great product for the price. As an elementary principal, we purchased these for "take home" enrichment use, and they are holding up well. Great product, thanks LeapFrog!
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my 2 year old nephew and he loved it. He takes it with him every where he goes!
on March 30, 2012
This toy my Autistic grandson loved. It is durable and teaches at the same time.
I love Leap Frog products.
Thank you Amazon for bringing all these wonderful things to my door.
on January 18, 2012
I bought this as my grand daughetr's Christmas gift. It drew her attention rght away. My daughter said the little one has already started to recognize the numbers.
on January 2, 2012
This is absolutely amazing. great way for kids to learn how to write their numbers quickly and easily. So easy to take travelling as well. this is a must have for any parent.
on January 11, 2012
I bought this for my granddaughter who is 2 1/2. She loves playing with it while riding in the car.
on September 19, 2012
I bought this for my 7 yr old son who was born with brain damage and has a learning disability. He loves writing on the screen and pressing the buttons. This helps him with his academic skills in school. I would recommend this product to any parent who has a child that needs to learn and write numbers.
on December 27, 2011
This was an excellent buy and I recommend it to anyone! My 3 yr. old just loves this and the one with letters. She has used it enough that she even talks with it when it is telling her to draw the numbers, etc. She gets hours and hours of fun from this and she is learning, too! Not only does it teach numbers, counting, and writing, but she is honing her motor skills, as well, by tracing. This toy is great and I think every child should have one as a gateway to writing and practicing motor skills. My daughter could count long before we got her this toy, but for a child who doesn't count, yet, this would be a very useful tool! All in all I think this is brilliant and I'm so glad we bought it!
It is also a very useful distraction when we are out or doing things that would bore a child. This is perfect for long waits in Dr. offices, etc. and the volume control is really useful for this, too, so you don't disturb the people around you. The loud setting really is very loud, and a bit obnoxious, but my daughter knows how to change it, so she always sets it to low.
Perfect!