Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on September 8, 2013
I know it says there are 70 plus activities with this toy, but my 19-month old toddler goes through all of them in about 15 minutes. All but one of the dozen or so recordings are quite shoddy; I'm only an amateur sound engineer and even I could have done a better job in about 1 day. It sounds like the creators cut and pasted the tiny recordings from the internet without trying to smooth the connection between words. Even the neighborhood children noticed how unnatural and choppy the voices sound.

In positive news, my son has indeed enjoyed playing with the refrigerator, the doorbell, and the light switch. Also the lullaby is quite pleasant and recorded naturally. Sometimes we listen to it in the dark at bedtime while the toy house's windows glow. The toy has no parts that separate or are easy to break off, a big plus with toddlers. However, my son, who received this toy a month ago, already is starting to find it boring. So I don't recommend this toy highly, but it's not a complete waste of money either.
on January 24, 2016
We had one of these discovery houses before with our second son and he loved this toy. It got a lot of play out of it from the time he was one to three years old. We figured we'd get rid of it since he was getting older but we then had another baby. The new baby who is a year old now showed a lot of interest in buttons and switches and we found ourself wishing we had kept this house for him. We couldn't find it in stores so we were beyond happy that we found it here and at a wonderful price. I'm not sure why they don't put these in stores anymore because it's one of the only baby toys that our young children really got interested in. This is a great little toy.
on November 25, 2012
When I found this at the store, I had about 3 toddlers trying to get this toy away from me, so I knew I had chosen the right birthday present for my daughter. This toy looks simple, but there are really a lot of things to do for an 12 mo.- 2.5 year old child to do. My daughter loves it.
on September 22, 2012
I was looking for a toy for a long road trip we were taking with my 14 month old daughter. This one caught my eye and I am so glad I bought it. It was the perfect size for bringing along in the car and there is so many different interactive components to it. The house has 4 sides plus a roof, each side displaying a room of a house, with various buttons and levers for kids to explore.

On the front there is a door that opens to reveal a mirror, a doorbell, and a sliding panel that changes from day to night as well as a window that lights up. The next side is a study that has a light switch that turns on an actual lightbulb, and a book that you can press to tell a very short story. The back is a bathroom with a clicking faucet and a duck button that talks. The final side is a kitchen with a refrigerator door that opens (and talks) and then a sliding milk and lettuce inside the fridge that reveals other foods. The roof has a birds nest with two birds that talk when you press them into the nest, popping the opposite bird out of the nest, as well as a handle for carrying the house.

There are two volume settings, and two activity settings, one is "playing house" and the other is "opposites." Each talking button, the book, the doorbell, the birds, the refrigerator, the duck says multiple things on each activity setting so it doesn't get as annoying as other toys.

My daughter seems to grow with this toy, learning how to manipulate different components and improving her fine motor skills. She started out loving the ducks, then moved on to the doorbell, then she loved opening and closing the various doors, and now she likes sliding the window with the moon and sun as well as the light switch.

This is just about one of the most perfect toys I have bought, I couldn't be more pleased. It will be my go-to 1st birthday gift from now on!
on June 20, 2016
this is a really fun learning toy that keeps my son entertained long enough for me to get things done. there are a lot of different ways to play which makes each time he plays with it new and exciting for him so he won't get bored.
on May 6, 2014
Updated review on Dec. 2014.

We purchased this for our 18 month old for Christmas 2013. She is now 30 months old, and the little house still gets occasional use. In fact, she just asked me to replace the batteries this week (December 2014). At first, she had a hard time turning the light switch on/off. But that's okay because it challenged her motor skill development. Within a few months she was able to turn the light switch on herself. This is a fascinating little house! So glad we have a 3 month old daughter who will also get to enjoy the little house.

Positives:
Easy to clean.
Durable.
Portable, has a handle.
2 volume settings

Cons:
None
on February 3, 2014
I got this for my 1 year old niece for Christmas and she loves it so much!!! There are so many things to do. My 5 year old niece also loves it! They've both gotten so much use out of this toy, and never get tired of it. There are 2 volume settings, you can ring the doorbell, it says "who is it" and you open the door & it's a mirror looking at you! There's a light switch that every child loves, a book to push that tells you a bedtime story, a bath with a duck you can push, and a faucet that turns round & round, a refrigerator that you can open & close, and there's also 2 cute birds on top that say "tweet tweet" and other things. If you're looking for a great learning toy, this one is great!!
on May 30, 2013
This is a fantastic toy. I'm using it with a 1 year old and he is absolutely enchanted by it. The light switch lights the windows, the doorbell is interactive. Everything about this toy is great. It's not at all repetitive so it doesn't get on the nerves of the adult. One of the best things about it is that it has a flexible plastic handle on the top of it so that the toddler can carry it around! It's so much fun. When you open the door, there is a mirror on the other side so that the baby can see himself. Highly recommend.
on March 18, 2016
Had orginally bought for our one year old son for a road trip. It really held his attention, and what kid doesn't love flipping a light switch. Our 3 year old son enjoyed it just as much. We aren't big into plastic, noisy toys but this toy doesn't feel that way. It's small enough to take with you for easy entertainment.
on January 6, 2012
This arrived very quickly and was wrapped and put under the tree. When my two year old granddaughter opened this and began to play with it she lost interest in opening anything else! Actually, even the adults were having fun discovering all the neat things this little house could do! Don't be fooled by the relatively small size of this toy, it is chock-full of surprises! It is easy to carry, and the lack of loose pieces makes it a great toy overall. I am now hooked on Leap Frog toys! The are made with parent and child in mind. Bravo!