5.0 out of 5 stars Really really fun, all my kids love it!
Published on August 26, 2010 by Storylover

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy toy with poor customer service
Published on February 21, 2011 by Don Dornblaser

5.0 out of 5 stars Really really fun, all my kids love it!, August 26, 2010
Storylover (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I have three boys, ages 3,5, and 6. They are all in various stages of learning to read...they all enjoy this, but my three year old cannot get enough of it. He jealously guards it, keeping it away from the other two kids, and he arried it around with him...he has learned his alphabet, and now he is learning the sounds the alphabet makes. I thought this would be an OK toy at best, but it has been a huge success story in my house...so much so, that I had to order two more so that hte other boys would have a chance to play with it as well! Even my 6 year old really likes it. Another good product from leap frog. I'm not sure how long this will last though, and I'm worried that my very rough boys will break it. We have had it about 3 weeks or so and it has survived, but I worry about the screen. Anyway, great toy, inexpensive enough that I will probably even buy another one if it does break! THat is how much my boys like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, good for a variety of ages., November 4, 2012
Tony K. (Roseburg, OR) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
We gave this to my son under the recommended age. He has had it for about a year now. We were hoping it would distract him from trying to type on our laptop. It hasn't done that much, but he still enjoys it. He prefers the music setting at this point and will joyfully dance around. I like that I can change the music periodically. As an educator I like the way it pairs phonics with the letters and a word that starts with the letter. I think in the future we will enjoy the questions that it asks. This is very durable, it has been tossed around the car and my son has stood on it with the screen open and it has yet to be damaged. My father also bought one for his house for all the grandkids. The children who have played with it there range from 1 year to 5 years and all enjoy it. It has yet to be damaged despite frequent use by 6 children who visit there.

4.0 out of 5 stars leaptop review, August 10, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
We got the leaptop for my 20 month old after finding that most of the other toy laptops were for older toddlers and had a possible choking hazard. This is just right for my son. He had no trouble figuring it out and really loves the music. My only wish is that there was a selection for numbers, but otherwise this is a great toy for young toddlers who like music and letters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dropped Down Stairs and Still Works, November 11, 2012
This laptop is great for toddlers of all ages. My daughter is 2.5 and LOVES to play on her laptop while my husband or I am on ours. Her favorite part is that Violet knows her name and will sing songs and spells her name to her. She also loves getting emails from mommy and daddy. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a gift for their child or someone else's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning toy!, June 24, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
This was the best present we got for our 3 year old granddaughter. Inexpensive, simple and self explanatory it has really helped her learn letters and shapes. Well worth it for little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, September 8, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I purchased this laptop for my 14 month old grandson because he is fascianted by my PC and runs to touch it at every opportunity. The LeapFrog is extremely durable as he drops it a couple of times a day and bangs on the keyboard with both hands, but it continues to work. It is really simple to use and my grandson can turn it own without adult help. He is to young to appreciate the educational value of the toy, but he likes hearing his name (his parents personalized it) when he turns it on and when he presses the first letter of his name. I would definitely buy this toy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toddler Laptop!, August 6, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I got this "leaptop" for my 2 year old and she loved it so much from the start that she didn't want to let me take it to get it out of the box! The personalization is pretty darn cool and the little animations are cute. My daughter can easily work this toy (no mouse like the vtech laptop) and I think it makes a perfect distraction from mommy and daddy's laptops. Should be a great car toy too. Overall, I am very pleased!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy toy with poor customer service, February 21, 2011
Don Dornblaser (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I'm so mad at Leapfrog this morning. We've been enjoying the My Own Leaptop toy and it was especially fun after we personalized it to know our youngest daughter's name. Today I decided to connect it to the computer again to change up the "emails" that it reads to her. The toy refuses to sync and wiped out all of the personalization. There's a "reset" feature, that also refuses to work. Although there's a specific error number along with this message, there's no help topic for this error message in their online support. I called customer service twice, and both times after extensive holding it transferred me to dead air. In an attempt to get some parent-to-parent support, I tried to join their online forums but their site bombs out without a message just trying to accept the terms of service. How can I be let down so many times by the same company! Now when we start the toy, it says "I found an error! Please connect the Leaptop again!" Until they get serious about fixing bugs in their products and on their website, or decide to at least answer the phone, I can't recommend this product to anyone.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jun 18, 2014 3:29:16 PM PDT
Hello Don!

We would be happy to help! Feel welcome to also send an email our way at support@leapfrog.com Our Customer Support team would be best able to help troubleshoot this with you. It may be as easy as uninstalling and reinstalling LeapFrog Connect, however each situation can be unique and we would be happy to help your specific needs.

Also feel welcome to reach out to us by phone, 1-800-701-5327 M-Th: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST and Fri.: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST

The newer version of the My Own Leaptop now being sold does not have connectivity functionality, so these issues will not be seen in newer versions.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaptop fun!, November 15, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I purchased this to bring along on a 5 day vacation with my 17 month old. It was a fantastic choice - he loved it! It was a great distraction (on the lower volume setting) at restaurants, and a good way to keep him entertained at moments in the hotel room when my husband and I got ourselves ready for our busy days out and about. It came in handy during the 5+ hour drive, as well. It seems pretty sturdy, having so far been tossed onto multiple floors, banged against a table, and even dropped onto the concrete of a rest stop parking lot. Sure, at 17 months, he's too young to really get much out of the alphabet setting, but the music and animal sounds are a big hit. He mimics the animal noises and dances around when he triggers a song. I look forward to him enjoying this toy for many months to come.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy construction; horrible customer service, December 14, 2010
Melissa (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Leaptop (Toy)
I purchased this for my 16-month old daughter. The day she opened it, she pushed it from the couch to the padded/carpeted floor. The sound now does not work at all. Thinking that this product must have been "toddler tested" and that this kind of use is not out of the ordinary for any toddler, I contacted customer service because the item was still within its warranty period. They refuse to replace it. They also do not have a repair department. But, they did send me a 15% off coupon so that I could purchase another one (which I will NOT be doing). I essentially flushed the cost of this item down the toilet. I purchased several other LeapFrog products on this day for Christmas gifts. As they are unopened, they will be immediately returned and replaced with a more durable product. I will never buy another LeapFrog product again.

LeapFrog My Own Leaptop