LeapFrog My Pal Scout
|Price:||$19.91 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.08 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while he's still in the box.
- Teach Scout your child's name and favorite things for personalized learning in 15+ activities.
- Listen along to 40+ learning songs, melodies and lullabies, for active daytime fun and nighttime soothing.
- Teaches first words, feelings and emotions, colors and counting.
- Ages 6-36 months.
- Style or version may vary
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Scout | Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
My Pal Scout
Personalize your child's learning.
Easy to personalize
Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while he’s still in the box.
Learns your child’s name
Teach Scout your child’s name, and he’ll spell it with your child.
Sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs, and get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color.
My Pal Scout is easy to personalize, right in the box, with your smart phone, tablet or computer, so he is ready to play the very first time they meet! Designed for little ones ages 6 months to 36 months, My Pal Scout teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. He also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music, a blinking collar and volume control to help little ones transition to quiet time.
- PC: Internet Explorer 9.0+, Chrome (latest version), or Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Mac computer: Safari 5.0 (or newer), Chrome (latest version), or Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- iOS: Safari 5.0+ or Chrome (latest version)
- Android: 4.0 browser or Chrome (latest version)
|Roll & Go Rocking Horse||Alphapup||My Talking LapPup||Chat & Count Phone|
|Additional LeapFrog toys to consider||Play three ways to build gross motor skills and achieve early milestones.||Pull along to hear the ABC song—learn the alphabet and letter sounds.||Explore shapes, ABCs, colors, counting, opposites and even peek-a-boo play.||Sing along to songs about counting, explore more than 15 phone activities, and more!|
|Recommended age||6-36 months||12+ Months||6-24 Months||18+ Months|
Top Customer Reviews
1) NO CHEST HEARTS. They have removed the button on the chest, which contained most of the "feelings." That's the button that is pressed when you hug Scout/Violet, and now when you hug it, nothing happens.
2) NO CUSTOMIZABLE SONGS. With Scout, we had the option to choose from several different songs, including Christmas songs. The new version doesn't give you that option. You're stuck with whatever songs come by default.
3) NO USB CORD. This is actually a good thing, since you don't have to look for a USB cord to customize. Instead, you plug the attached cord into your phone or computer's headphone jack. This is probable the only improvement in the new version.
4) LARGER BATTERY PACK. The new version's battery pack is larger than the old version's, and it's harder to stuff into the toy's back. And when it's in, it's easier to feel, making Violet less enjoyable to squeeze. After 2 years, Scout's back velcro is wearing out a bit, and I imagine that the new version will be even less durable since there's more pressure on it. The velcro opening is actually larger in the new version, but it just opens higher up on Violet's neck, though the battery pack is too large to fit in that space.
Still, it's a fun toy, but I'm disappointed that Leapfrog would change the product for the worse.
The USB cable that comes with Scout is incredibly short and I would recommend a second mini USB cable if you do not already have one for another computer peripheral. The customization process was straight forward and we had him done quickly. My only complaint is that you have to create a user account and the Internet is required but that's a minor compliant since Scout ships able to be interactive without being customized. Additionally, Scout has volume control on his battery box and is not obnoxiously loud even on his highest volume
Scout is very, very soft and even with the battery box in his trunk, the puppy's body is soft and cuddly. My son spends a lot of his play time with Scout hugging him and petting him.
Scout has three main features - Play games, Sing Songs, and Night Songs (the fourth paw is on and off):
- The Play Games paw just chatters with your child. Asking him what his favorite color, animal and food is - Scout and Baby have the same ones after you program them. Scout also makes animal noises, talks about feelings "I feel happy, show me your biggest smile!" and engages your child in direct dialog.
- The songs Scout sings are cute and the choices you make when customizing show up in the songs he sings. Poor technical integration is shown when any of the customized items appear in the songs - Scout sounds like he has a speech problem because the tamper and inflection of the customized objects does not match the song being sung.Read more ›
1) One of the songs Scout sings is really super cute. It's the one that incorporates your child's favorites. When I sing along with Scout my son giggles, it's so darn adorable.
2) I have a glowworm that plays nighttime music for like 15 seconds, not long enough. Scout plays up to 10 minutes - GREAT FEATURE!
3) Scout is very soft and huggable.
4) When my son recognizes his name I'm sure he'll appreciate it more, but for now, it's just, well, cool to hear his name come from a toy. Gotta love technology.
1) You have to choose a favorite animal, color and food during set up. He's six months old - I don't think he has favorites at this point, and if he did, how am I supposed to know what they are?....so I just put in any old thing for now. When I want to change them, I have to plug Scout in and download new options. It should just have all the colors and foods and animals programmed in instead of "What's your favorite?".
2) There is a pretty bad inflection at the end of my son's name (Christian). I have not tried putting other names in there to see what they sound like, but his sounds a little weird.
3) "Let's sing a song about you". Hmm, well, all it does is spell his name with a funky beat behind it. He seems to like it though.
Overall my son seems to like Scout a lot. When he hears his voice he immediately looks for him and smiles when he finds him. The things I don't like about it really don't matter because the toy is not for me, it's for my son and he likes it just fine. For the price, a definite buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is great! Sung my daughter to sleep first night. He says her name which seems to surprise her every time. Highly highly recommend, will be a favorite for any childPublished 1 day ago by 541sarahg
Maybe I got a slightly defective one, but the battery pack is too large for the toy. The opening ripped slightly when trying to push the pack back in. Read morePublished 2 days ago by E. Thompson
My princess loves this bear. She is 2 years old, and she knows when its time to go night night, its time to do it with this bear. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Mike Green
So super cute! This little fellow can easily be programmed to know your child's name and some favorite things. The price is a steal for this guy. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Nanci L. Parker
Got this for our great niece who is 7 months old, she is in love.............we all love the many things this friend can do to love and entertain and educate a little one.Published 4 days ago by Kathleen Jones
I bought this for my one year old daughter recently and the green one along time ago for my 3 year old son. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Save Conures
Surpassed my expectations and Ariyah loves it. Set up was easy, Violet calls her name in the cutest way that makes her giggle.Published 5 days ago by Leanne N Craigg
I got this for my daughter's 1st birthday. She loves that it says her name, and sings to her. It's still perfectly soft for snuggling too. Her older brother loves it just as much. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Jellybeansbud