Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on January 28, 2013
I think it is very entertaining for kids his age and older. I can't say he plays for hours (which is good because I rather him be outside draining his battery) but it keeps him entertained for a good amount of time. It is mostly an entertaining game rather than an educational game but its fun nevertheless.
on May 9, 2014
My niece and nephew are both under 5. On occasion, I am tasked with watching them. “On occasion” has become more frequent than I would otherwise want, but…family… Anyway, I live in an upstairs apartment, and also have a neighbor next door. Kids stomp. They scream to talk. Sometimes, for no known reason, they break into song and/or dance. Because their parents are worthless, they also idolize John Cena, and do their best to mimic WWE style wrestling if not constantly under a watchful eye. Discipline is not an option (see ‘parents’ and ‘worthless’ cited above. Also, ‘time out’ is not discipline, see below), and therefore, distraction is key for these visits. After my DVR managed to fill itself with Dora, Wonder Pets, and all that ilk, I decided it was time to look for other options. Given their obsession with walking off with my phone, and touching everything that has buttons, LeapPad seemed reasonable.

LeapPad 2 and a half dozen games became Xmas presents. The LeapPad is nearly indestructible. When the kiddos “set it down” on my solid oak coffee table, the LeapPad is unscathed, which cannot be said about the wood (distressed wood is in, right?). The thread that keeps the stylus attached must be some carbon fiber, spider web hybrid- it can withstand swinging, chewing, etc. My only complaint about the Pad is that it goes through batteries faster than a puppy can decimate your girlfriend’s shoe closet.

As for the games themselves, I have no complaints. The kids appear to enjoy them, and it keeps my DVR from teaching me little kid Spanish, my dog from being harassed, my neighbors from burning wicker me in effigy, and crayon off my walls. The fact that they may actually be learning something from the games is a happy secondary effect to their distraction. When they get sick of these, I’ll buy more, because I’ve learned that you can’t put a price on silence, or the ability to simply step out of a room to use the bathroom.

On a side note, parents- discipline your kids, or give permission for someone else to do it. America is the culmination of thousands of years of human education and experience, and at this rate, it’ll be flushed in 2 generations because no one knows how to say “no” anymore, and there aren’t consequences for bad behavior. Time out is not discipline. Ostracizing children to a designated area and limiting their movement does not deter them from prison, it prepares them for it.
on March 22, 2016
My son gets easily bored with other games we have for the Leap Pad, mostly because it's usually just one game. I love that this disk features multiple games for him to play with all of his favorite characters.
on January 24, 2013
Grandson loved this game as it has all of his favorite characters. This games focus is science, reasoning and simple machines. It has kept him occupied and enchanted with many hours of challenges. He is 4 but seems to have figured it out by himself with very little assistance. Good thing as I don't know much about the new games for children these days. Only had it a week or so but so far he loves it! If it keeps him busy and away from the TV while learning its a 5 star from me.
on February 5, 2014
This is a great item for Leap Pads. It has 3 different games on it and they are all learning concepts for kids. My grandkids are 5 & 7 and they love Woody, Nemo and Wally. Good price on Amazon compared to Wal Mart. Like $9 cheaper.
on November 25, 2012
So, I only gave this a 3 because it seems a bit confusing for my 5 year old. He's really smart with electronics and he finds himself getting stuck often. I'm not sure if it's the game or the machine. I found myself getting stuck with it too. He almost always figures his way out of a situation. The concept is cute. I bought it on sale. They are usually around $25 which I feel is pretty expensive. I'd be less happy if I had paid full price.
on February 5, 2013
I purchased this for my 4 year old daughter. She had difficulty at first and didn't play the game but after I gave her a demonstration on how to play, switching characters to open doors and obtain stuff, how to run and jump characters, the terminology of the "D pad" and "stylis", etc, she immediately fell in love with it and doesn't want to put it down. I've seen her dexterity grow as she tries to master the game. She's remembering many of the facts provided and I'm amazed that she's learned so much in just a month and a half and there's so much more that she hasn't even touched upon. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!
on March 16, 2013
I ordered this game for my granddauhter. Unfortunately the description was not clear and only after we recieved the game did we find out that it did not work with Leapfrog 2. I had no problems returning the game and getting my money refunded.
on December 26, 2012
Bought this game for a 4.5 year old boy who loves Wall-E and wanted to introduce him to a few other Pixar characters. The game so far has been easy for him to pick up and he seems to enjoy it quite a bit. He has had no trouble understanding the mini-games or the challenges.
on January 6, 2014
We just got the Leap Pad Ultra for Christmas and most everything it comes with uses touch screen and the other games we bought were created for the Ultra. Someone else bought this from a store for him and it's just behind the other games as far as ease of use. While I could help him through the Wall-E and Nemo mazes, I still can't, for the life of me, figure out how to open those stupid doors on the Toy Story one. You have to listen when they say to switch characters, otherwise, you cannot complete the tasks. If you have an Ultra, go with a newer game. I was disappointed with this one. This is the first review I've ever written on Amazon b/c normally, I don't care enough to write them...but I figured if I could save another parent out there the $25 bucks, it was worth it!