Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer Ultimate Learning Gift Pack, Pink
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 4, 2012
First I have not allow my daughter to play with this product yet because it will be one of her Christmas gift. However, I have opened the box it came in to make sure everything was inside. The product is so cute and small enough for her hands to hold it. I love it so much in my hands that I want to play with it. Everything that is describe in the picture is true and so much better in person. The case has a handle she can hold onto to and inside are 6 (SIX) slots she can put game cartiages in as well as her leappad 2 system. It also have a attachable syslus. I do not have much to say right now but when she get to play with it I will add an update.

p.s I love that it comes with 5 (FIVE) free apps worth $40 and also love that it came with a downloadable care worth $20 to get her started. She love to read, write, and do math so buying apps and games will not be a problem for me. Educaution always comes first. The games run from $14.99-$24.99 but believe me you will be amaze on how fast your kids pick up. I hope this review help.
on February 10, 2013
I bought this for my 2 1/2 year old and he loves it. He is soaking it all up like a spoonge. He works on his writing skills by tracing every letter of the alphabet, reads along with the Disney Cars stories and much more. It is a great learning device.
on January 19, 2013
I think the apps are a bit pricey, however, when you do decide to pay for one, it tends to have many layers and it adjusts to your child's ability so it provides entertainment and learning opportunities for quite some time.
on January 6, 2013
Our older son, 6, has had an explorer, the first version, for 2 years and still loves it. I love that we control what he plays and he still enjoys the "learning" based games. He doesn't really realize how much learning goes on in all the leap frog games. He has literally learned spelling, reading, and math skills from the leapster explorer. He now has a kid tablet, Nabi, which is also fabulous, but he still loves the explorer, as do I! Especially the parent information on what exactly he does and how well he masters every little detailed skill.

So far, the 4 year old absolutely loves the LeapPad2. He had started playing his brother's explorer so has some prior knowledge of what to do. He won't stop playing his "tablet" as he calls it. He has already started learning just like his brother with the fabulous LeapFrog games and apps. And he can watch shows! The upgraded system is amazing, extra touch options, more choices for personalization, and a lot more memory.

The case is perfect, with little slots for the cartridges. And the $20 app code was a treat so he could pick out 2 things he wanted from the site. I am a huge supporter of LeapFrog products. My son's love them and as a teacher and parent I appreciate all the bells and whistles they put into their products.
on December 30, 2012
This is a great learning toy which can keep my 3 yo busy for longer periods of time - with something very constructive. However, it can very easily turn into a $300 toy. Regular alkaline batteries last a couple of days (for us) so the $35 charger is almost a must. The better games/apps are around $25 each, etc. But it very works well - has decent amount of memory and a quick processor for a kids' toy. She gets a huge kick out of the front/back camera and that she is willing to "decorate" the pictures after taking them. She does gravitate toward the art games.. But the whole unit is teaching her fine motor skills, computer skills, as well as obvious phonics, beginning math, and social skills of the games themselves.
Overall an awesome toy - just wish it wasn't so expensive.
on January 4, 2013
My nearly three year old granddaughter loves her new "computer." And it seems sturdy enough to handle the knocks and bumps it will undoubtedly receive. Unfortunately, though, every little download comes with a price. There is nothing like Netflix subscriptions or "free" apps (as there are for Android devices, iPads, and Kindle Fires). As a result, Mommy and Daddy could well wind up spending a lot of money here and there to keep their toddler entertained as she grows. Fortunately, little ones enjoy watching the same show or playing the same game over and over--we'll have to see how long it lasts before the money starts flying from their pockets.
on April 27, 2014
This product was worth it.

It engages the child so well and you can choose the apps that are suitable for your child. Having a front and back camera is also very interesting once the child knows how to use it - be prepared to have lots of photos to delete
on January 7, 2013
This was one of the best things on the market. My grandson is 2 and 1/2 and he has played with this over and over. The camera and video recorder is so much fun. You can even turn the camera around to make shots of yourself. Perfect gift.
on January 2, 2013
our 4 year old wont' put it down. we went thru 3 sets of batteries in 2 days!!! Should of got the charger too! We got the gelskin to go over the pad and there is no problem with it fitting in the case. we also got the headphones, i do wish there was a velcro loop on the case inwhich to attach the headphones to when not in use. 5 stars for sure!!! i'm certain this toy will be in heavy rotation for many years.
on April 7, 2013
Our kids received each one of these. It is a great toy, Works well. No problems with uploading new games and updates. They play with it very often. They are proud to have their own "iPads" as they call them. It keeps them away from our computer. We appreciate a big choice of learning games, books and videos.