5.0 out of 5 stars No worries if no batteries
Published 21 months ago by bowsocks

1.0 out of 5 stars What a pain.
Published 19 months ago by anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars No worries if no batteries, November 11, 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Car Adapter (Works with all LeapPad2 and LeapPad1 Tablets, LeapsterGS, and Leapster2) (Toy)
I am so very happy I found and bought this. After batteries running out in the car with no replacments this was a no brainer. I am very happy with the durablity of the item and love that it lights up (green) when pluged in. That way I know it is using power from the car and not the batteries. I read on Leapfrog website that when the adapter is plugged into the unit it over rides the batteries. That way I do not have to remove the batteries to use the adapter. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than carrying batteries everywhere!, October 23, 2012
I just received this adapter to go with the Leapster 2 we are giving our son for Christmas. I took it out to the car, hooked everything up, and it works! I haven't even put batteries in the Leapster yet because I wanted to see if the adapter would power the system without having to install batteries. All the parts of the adapter seem well made, the part that plugs in to your car goes in smoothly and then doesn't wiggle or pop half way out like some car chargers I have used for other things.

Last year I got my son the Leapfrog text and learn and we just keep it in the car, ready to grab whenever he feels like it. I intend for the Leapster to live in the car too, and now that I have this adapter I probably won't even bother with batteries. Excellent!

Editing on 4/30/13 to add that we now have two Leapster 2's and a Leap Pad 2 and this charger seems to work fine for all of them. We don't use it too often, but it's a life-saver on really long car trips.

4.0 out of 5 stars good cord length, December 3, 2012
there is only a plug in the front and back of our van, but the length of this adapter cord allowed the kids in the middle row to use it too

1.0 out of 5 stars What a pain., January 17, 2013
We were hoping this would help us save batteries. However, there is something wrong with it. It does power the leap pad but if the leap pad is turned on before the car adapter plug is inserted, it somehow bypasses the power button on the leap pad and we cannot get the leap pad to turn off unless we remove the batteries. Likewise, if you unplug the adapter from the leap pad before powering down the leap pad, it results in the same crazy situation of not being able to turn the leap pad off. It also happens if the car turns off (ie. child playing with leap pad and we stopped for gas, cutting the power source for the adapter) the leap pad stayed on, obviously using battery power, but we were unable to turn it off once home despite having left the adapter plugged into the leap pad before attempting to. I contacted the company and their solution was.... "we recommend you remove the batteries before using the adapter". WHAT??????? That doesn't make any sense. BAD DESIGN on this product. Don't bother unless you are only going to use the leap pad in the car and never need to have it run on battery power.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great!, September 21, 2013
My boys were given a Leapster 2 from a friend. They like it but I am not a fan of battery eating toys so I bought this (plus the wall plug) for them to use. They bring this along every time we go on a road trip so that they can play the Leapster in the back seat. It works great and we have not had any problems with it at all. I can't say what all devices it will work with but it for sure works with Leapster 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for road trips!, April 3, 2014
The purpose is to be able to play your LeapFrog system (my kids have LeapsterGS) in the car without wasting batteries. Ta da, it does just that! Very convenient when road tripping as these only play with the good batteries, so it can get expensive.

I would have given it a 5, but I think the cord is a little too short considering the adapter is usually in the front part of a car and kids usually sit in the back.

4.0 out of 5 stars leap frog car charger, November 19, 2012
This item was easy to use, just plug it in and straight away it lights up a cool green. Then you know you have power to your leap frog console, the long cord is also a great idea, as well as the price was excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud, January 21, 2013
Based on all of the reviews on amazon and every other site that sells this, I must be the ONE unlucky person out there. It DID NOT work with my daughters leapster2, I would get the low battery sign and it would turn off. Unplug the adapter and her game worked fine. It worked with her leappad the first time. But never again. I actually think it drained the brand new batteries in it as well. I've just emailed amazon and will try to replace and hopefully change my review. I'm very disappointed to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
Works great!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great and essential accessory for my granddaughter's Sofia the First ..., July 12, 2014
A great and essential accessory for my granddaughter's Sofia the First LeapPad 2. The family travel a lot and is great on long trips.

Rate and Discover Movies