5.0 out of 5 stars More ecconomical than batteries.
Published on October 9, 2012 by 1 NME

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite misleading
This charger pack is a glorified energizer rechargeable battery pack. I don't see why they cannot include it with the LeapPad2. The product works to recharge the batteries. However, it is extremely over priced.
Published on October 30, 2012 by mirabella2

5.0 out of 5 stars More ecconomical than batteries., October 9, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapPad2 Recharger Pack (Works with all LeapPad2 Tablets) (Toy)
I ordered this product along with a Leappad2, said item was in stock ready to ship but did not receive for another 4 days after I received the Laeppad. I could have purchased the charger pack locally at a higher price so I purchased batteries so that my daughter could use her new Leappad before we received the charger pack. The batteries lasted anywhere from 4-5hrs/4AA. The money I spent in the four days on batteries was more than the difference in price and will make up the cost of the charger pack within the first 40 hours of use. I have charged the charger pack two times (including initial charge) and my daughter has gotten close to 14hrs of use(6.5-7 hrs per charge) I am happy with this purchase and would recommend over using AA batteries. The "batteries" fit the Leappad2 perfectly and the battery doors closed just as they should, unlike prior reviews.(there is a right and left door if mixed up won't close all the way) It looks and feels like it is solidly constructed and uses quality materials. Have not needed it yet, but the ability to plug the Leappad into an outlet and use without batteries adds functionality and versatility to the Leappad and I think is almost a necessity.

5.0 out of 5 stars LeapFrog LeapPad2 Recharger Pack, October 16, 2012
Stud Muffin "Stud Muffin" (Bronx, New York United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this because my daughter loves her LeapFrog LeapPad2 but it was burning through some batteries so I saw this on Amazon and so far, so good. I charge it daily , depending on the usage, and it works great! it pays for itself in just a few weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must buy if you have a LeapPad2, October 10, 2012
You'll save so much money buying this. It's a shame that it doesn't come with the charger. My 3 year old charges his LeapPad all by himself

4.0 out of 5 stars Necessary, January 30, 2013
I give it four stars because it is a necessary conponent to the Leap Pad. It should not be sold seperately, but as a bundle. The first time we bought a Leapster, we didn't realize they were seperate purchases. With the Leap Pad purchase, we made sure to ask and yes, they are seperate purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars As said before, this is a must have. And some power output info and options., January 11, 2013
I got the LeapPad 2 for my 5 year old for Christmas, 2 weeks ago and since that time I have put 6, count 6 sets of 4 duracells ( that's 24 batteries ) in it, in 2 WEEKS!! I had to get this battery set, it will pay for itself in no time. The batteries are ONLY for the Leap Pad 2 . It charges through the power plug on the side and the instructions say it should take 4 hours. The batteries themselves are marked as 2100 maH each so total of 4200 maH , that's not as much as a set of alkalines and there are rechargable batteries out there that have at least 2.5 times more power, AnsMann 2850 AA's for example ( x4 would give you 11400 maH of juice ) , but in order to get the most out of those sort of batteries you need a good charger and a charge cycle (charging them slowly) would take over 10 hours. Looking at the way these connect using and different set of pins inside the Leap Pad 2 I'm pretty sure you would have to take regular rechargable batteries out to charge them,, more $ for a good charger ( I have a little LaCrosse BC-9009 that work beautifully). I would think the the car adapter would also allow you to charge these batteries but I haven't tried it yet. According to the instructions the batteries should be fully charged in about 4 hours but according to my math 4200 maH batteries charged at a total of 700 maH equals 6 hours, so I would let the first charge go longer. To give some perspective I have run high end R/C cars for over 20 years and have learned a few things about rechargable batteries. The down side to this style setup is you cannot FULLY cycle the batteries or condition them if they start to get weak, The upside is the convienence this setup offers, no more taking the cover off and fighting the battery doors. The instructions claim you should get 300 charge cycles out of these batteries before you will start to notice them drop off on capacity, and that sounds about right, that will be well over a year and with having put 6 sets of alkalines in this thing in 2 weeks,, it more than covers the cost of batteries plus you get an A/C adapter so if the batteries do die you just plug it in and your on your way again. Overall it's a great product and I highly recommend it. PS. get the car adaptor, you will probably need it. PSS.. If I do get to the point of the batteries in this kit dropping off and not holding a charge well, I will just put some high end AA rechargables in it and see what happens, but I'm pretty sure the Leap Pad 2 will have been retired by then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite misleading, October 30, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive, but needed. must have for leappad2 to make life easier, December 17, 2012
i though i could get a way by using batteries but with each passing day, you realize you need this. More for the convenience rather than cost. A must have for the leappad2 !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So remarkable, December 1, 2012
I absolutely hate buying batteries for the dozens of products my daughters' own so this was a easy purchase. Shipped fast and arrived in great condition. Very easy to install and holds a charge for about three hours with continuous use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy rechargeable batteries instead, January 5, 2013
Like a couple of other people who have written reviews, this recharger stopped working for us after the first charge. We are returning it to Amazon. What we have done instead is buy 8 rechargeable batteries and a charger. This allows us to keep the LeapPad supplied with batteries at all times (it needs 4). We can also use the batteries for other purposes if we like, unlike with this product. The only downside is that we have to open up the battery compartment to replace the batteries when needed, rather than just plugging it in. This is a small price to pay for a solution that is more flexible, and actually works! It was also about 2/3 the price of this product, and would be 1/2 the price if you only bought the 4 batteries required.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be part of the LeapPad package, January 8, 2013
Sharon C. Draper (Universal City, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This is an almost essential accessory to the LeapPad. It really should be included with the LeapPad like the chargers are included with cell phones. The only thng I dislike about it is that it's an additional expense for a pretty basic item.