5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget this!
Published on November 1, 2010 by clc0625

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design for accessories
This case fits the Leapster Explorer well, but be careful when using it with cartridges or the camera.
------------------------------------------
The case is form fitting for the Explorer, with indentations for the stylus as well as the battery pack.

Published on March 4, 2011 by Optics

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget this!, November 1, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog Leapster Carrying Case, Purple (Toy)
If you are planning to or already have purchased the leapster explorer you will want one of these. I purchased this for my 2 year old sons leapster explorer and it was a must. It not only protects the game system but also holds a few games to take on-the-go. It allows your children to be responsible and have a "place" for their toys. I was a little disappointed that it only game in predominantly purple, as I do have a son, but this was a minor detail and he doesn't seem to mind. Overall this is a must if you have the leapster explorer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, February 19, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
The information on this case says its for the Leapster2 but I bought it for the explorer. It fits fine. I even keep about 4 or 5 games in with it. Its held up so far but its only been a few months and I don't see any problems with it at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's about time..., September 25, 2010
LilDee107 (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog Leapster Carrying Case, Purple (Toy)
I don't understand why it took 2 months for this case to come out after the handheld but its about time it did! Too bad, I couldn't get it sooner my 3 yr old son already dropped it down a flight of stairs outside my parents' brownstone house. Hopefully with this case I can prevent more damage, I added a strip of sticky velcro to the back so the handheld can't fall out the case when my son opens it to play.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design for accessories, March 4, 2011
Optics (Southern California) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
------------------------------------------

However, it will NOT fit an Explorer with the camera attached. The camera must be removed and stored in one of the accessories compartments in the lid. When the camera is stored in the lid, it creates a slight bulge and therefore undue pressure on the Explorer's buttons or screen when zipped up.

Also, when cartridges are in the lid, they also are putting pressure on the screen when the case is zipped up.

We have the case for the Leapster 2. It fits the Explorer well, WITH the camera attached. The problem with the Leapster 2 case was that there was no place for cartridges. The cartridges were too loose when placed in the compartment in the Leapster 2 case. But since the cartridges were not against the screen, there was no potential for damaging the screen.

We'll go back to the Leaspter 2 case, and put the cartridges in a ziploc bag inside the case or something like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and very sturdy, January 4, 2011
Sharon Kendrick (North Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
My daughter received this for Christmas along with a Leapster 2. The case is very sturdy which is exactly what I was looking for for a 6yo. She love the color matching her pink leapster and the wrist strap is perfect for her. She can carry it around without having to worry about dropping it or putting it in her travel pack. The undercarriage portion of the case perfectly fits about 3 games so she can carry a selection and swap out games while on the road. We love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to have, but Not a necessity, January 20, 2011
The only reason I got my daughter this pink Leapster case is b/c I got a great deal on it with purchase of Leapster. Its a nice item to have, it does store the game and keep it safe, it has fallen out of the car (while stopping for a potty break) a few times and has been well protected when it hit the asphalt, which we are thankful for! My daughter has had her leapster for over a year now, and has 7 games...The only way they will fit in the case is if i carefully stack 2 ontop of eachother and leave one in the game unit and zip it up. I really wish it would hold more games as she is getting a new one for Easter ;) I'll probably find a small cute personal backpack or purse to start holding the items in after that. So, overall...nice idea but again, not a MUST HAVE if you own the Leapster, it doesn't do anything special but protect the game unit and hold a few games. I would recommend it only if you are getting a great deal on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great case, bad design, March 23, 2011
Tamara Ell (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Leapster Carrying Case, Purple (Toy)
This is a great case, but if you buy it please don't put your games/camera in the top. Please just use it for protecting your Leapster explorer. If any pressure is put on the top of the case the games will crack your screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition for Leapster Explorer, October 20, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog Leapster Carrying Case, Purple (Toy)
I purchased the Leapster Explorer for our grandson's 4th birthday in July. He absolutely loves it! The Explorer is a great combination of educational fun and entertaining games -- a great take-along toy for long car rides. I recently purchased the Explorer case when it became available in September. Since the Leapster Explorer is a pricey toy and its owner is a 4-year-old boy, I thought some protection would be a good idea. The case is contoured to fit the Explorer nicely, and my grandson has no problem opening and closing it (it has a zipper closure). The case has mesh pockets to hold a few Explorer cartridges (a nice addition) and a carrying handle. Best of all, my grandson has learned to put his Explorer in its case when he's done playing with it, which he does so proudly. I definitely recommend the Leapster Explorer case! Jan P. Munster IN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, December 19, 2009
What a great case. I am so glad that we bought it. It's durable, cute, and small enough for our daughter to tote around easily. Best thing is that she can easily use the zipper herself. Fast shipping and great price. Better than I was finding in the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic take-along option, January 27, 2010
The Leapster is the perfect case for my little one.
You can store a few cartridges at the bottom and the player fits
in even if you still have a cartridge in it.
We only have a couple games so it is just right for us!

LeapFrog Leapster Carrying Case, Purple