4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gamefor the preK set
Published on July 19, 2010 by J. K. Tice

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen stopped responding after 2 mo of supervised play.
My grandson LOVED this thing. We bought several age appropriate games. It lived in its case when not in use and only used under adult supervision. VERY disappointing when the screen stopped responding. We used it put it away to have lunch when we returned to play the screen would not respond.
Published on July 25, 2012 by Itsme00313

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gamefor the preK set, July 19, 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog Leapster 2 Learning System With Downloadable Disney-Pixar Toy Story 3 Game (Toy)
Our older Leapster had taken a beating, so I decided to upgrade to the Leapster 2 since it was compatible with the previous series of games. This version seems to be a pretty significant upgrade. The downloadable content is nice, as is the ability to have the child's progress recorded on the Leapster website. The touch screen is more accurate, and the graphics clearer. My three year old is the chief operatorof this device, and he requires quite a bit of help with the games. However, he is a special needs kid, so he is not the best gauge. He can turn it on and change games on his own. He is better with games requiring the pen than those which require the keys to control. My seven year old son, who is a DSi devoteee also likes this new Leapster. I think this game is a good overall diversion, and a fun way to sneak in some learning while entertaining your little one. Ours sees way too many hospital rooms, but it is a nice way to pass some of the time. Games for the Leapster can add up to some $$$, so I hope that this version is supported for some time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Leapster 2!!!!, March 29, 2011
We purchased this (on sale from TRU, which was later price-matched on Leapfrog.com) a few months ago as the big Christmas gift for our 5 year old. It took about 2 nights (about 1-2 hours each) to download Leapfrog Connect and download the available games for the Toy Story Leapster 2. Pretty straightforward set up - just give yourself enough time if you must read every single word of instruction like me. The screen is very crisp (in comparison to other kids toys in this price range), and the sound is very clear. We purchased the Leapster 2 case (also on sale) as well, and the whole thing (Leapster with cartridge and three individual cartridges under the strap) fit perfectly. We also purchased the AC adapter and use rechargable batteries on-the-go (this thing gobbles up 4 AAs) in order to save on the cost of constantly replacing regular batteries. If you ever see a family with a little girl at one of those airport charging stations playing on her Toy Story Leapster 2, that's probably us so say hi!

So far the Leapster has been handled gently, however this week the screen stopped responding to the stylus. The Leapfrog website had quick, great directions on recalibrating and viola - it's now fixed! Obviously this is a problem that other owners have complained about before. And obviously a kids toys that's used daily is going to have some hiccups along the way. Also, the red paint on the keys is beginning to wear off. Not a big deal, but again this is obviously from daily use. Three months so far, and this Leapster is still kicking.

The Leapster 2 just seems like a better fit for my child than the Leapster Explorer - she's not old enough yet to need the camera and all the other options on the Explorer, but the Leapster 2 offers LOTS of game choices and other activities that appeal to her. Definitely a great purchase, and a great option for either a boy or a girl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leapster 2, January 5, 2011
The quality of this product was everything we had hoped. However it would have been nice if it had come preloaded with at least one game. The description made it hard to tell if it had games loaded or if they were just available to use. For the price a preloaded game would be nice, since the games are about $20 each. It is durable and easy to hold and the screen is easy to see. The Toy Story characters on it make it fun. Overall satisfied with the purchase. Our 4 year old grandson does not want to put it down!

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen stopped responding after 2 mo of supervised play., July 25, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to get it for your 3+ year old., April 19, 2014
My six-year-old has pretty much outgrown these games, but sometimes still chooses this system over his tablet or Wii. He's been playing with a Leapster since he was three. I've gone through one a year, so they're clearly not indestructible, but definitely last through a few butterfinger moments. I'm sure this one will be his last, since it's probably not sophisticated enough to keep a seven-year-old intrigued for any length of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, January 22, 2014
My niece really lives this thing. Great price. Got it before the date that was stated to get it. Great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leapster 2, March 12, 2013
Item came as described, used the disk to download games that came with it, our computer warned us that security does not recommend using it but Leapster Company insisted it is ok so we did and our computer now has something wrong with it and never got games downloaded. Son is 3 and shows little interest. Hope he will use more if we get more games which are hard to find now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 7, 2013
My kids love their Leapster 2. The Leapster 2 is easy to use. The games are educational, yet still fun. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, expensive for parents, August 4, 2012
Jennifer H. (Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
We purchased the Toy Story Leapster for my son for his 4th birthday. I came with a download of 2 educational games. We chose a letters one and a numbers one. He played with it nonstop for about a day and then started asking for more games, which cost about $20 each. If you have the money to purchase several additional game cartridges, this is a great toy. But don't expect the child's attention to last very long with just what comes with the system. Graphics are okay, I expected better from the photos online. Durability, great. I have two sons, ages 4 and 5, and they are very rough with their toys. We've had this system for about 3 months and so far it's held up great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational but fun at the same time!, January 13, 2012
My grandson has the younger version and is just three years old. I always try to buy the next older version to give him a challenge. He knew just what to do with it and he loves it. Of course, what sparked his eye, "Woody"!!!