Questions & Answers
LeapFrog Leapster TV Learning System
by LeapFrog Enterprises
2.8 out of 5 stars (50)
Used & New from: $29.99
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 questions
votes
The minimum age for the Leapster TV and L-max products is 4. For your 3 year old I would recommend Vtech's V.Smile TV Learning System, which is appropriate for 3+. In addition, the V.Smile offers 2 player modes in most games while the Leapster TV does not. If you have not already purchased the L-Max for your 5-year old then you should consider the Vtech's V.Smile Interactive Learning Handheld Game, which is the equivalent of the L-Max for a 5 year old. Both systems can share the same cartridges as well.
Nov 10, 2006 by Daemon Of Chaos
votes
I found the second controller on leapfrog.com. It was priced at $19.99. It also said to look for games that said 2 player (Leapster Arcade). Hope that is helpful.
Nov 15, 2006 by Lindsay Gilroy
votes
Hi. I have both handheld versions, which I love both. Though I do have to say that my vpocket is doing something funky, and that disappoints me because neither systems get used enough to be in poor shape. I really take care of them. I was looking to by the vflash, but read some terrible reviews, and then again, they just did a toy review toy special on TV and gave it a thumbs way up high from all the kids and teachers who played with it for over 2 months, kids were engaged just watching other kids play - and of course, teachers loved it because of the educational value. I think looking for kick butt graphics and the like is hopeless in the educational department. Between my two handheld versions, I would call them close to equal, with Leapster being ahead.
Dec 5, 2006 by A Mother's Logic
votes
Hi I don't know if my answer will still help you but here goes. The graphics on the handheld are much better in my opinion. My kids have both the lmax and the leapster tv, they prefer the lmax. And yes all games can be played on both the leapster tv and l-max. Hope this helps.
Nov 14, 2007 by Amazon Customer
votes
My four year old grandson received an L-max Leapster for Christmas. It also came with tv cables. He can play the portable game by himself or take turns playing with his friends. He can plug the game into the TV to see it bigger and play it easier with his friends.
May 2, 2007 by Kristine Mangan
votes
I bought the power adapter pretty cheap. However, there is a bundle pack that includes the adapter. I think the adapter is the way to go because you can use it with the tv leapster as well as the handheld.
Nov 13, 2006 by Pennster
votes
leapster or v-smile??? Nov 25, 2006
Actually, you are incorrect. ALL Leapster games play on ALL Leapster products. In response to the original poster, Leapster is handheld only, Leapster L-Max is both portable and tv-play, and Leapster TV is tv-only. So for the best of both worlds, get the L-Max. V-Smile has HORRIBLE reviews as a totally defective product that doesn't last, whereas Leapster is VERY durable and takes lots of abuse with no problems. I say stick with Leap Frog.
Dec 15, 2006 by Kelly G. Burgess
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers