Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LeapFrog: Learn&Groove Activity Station
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 14, 2004
We bought this for our daughter who will be 3 months old next week. She hold her head up very well and loves to be in the "standing" postition. We originally were going to buy another type of exersacuser but our Target was out. My husband and I decided to try the Leap Frog, because it had alwasy been such a good product for us in the past with our now 4.5 year old son. The station is so great. The music and activities are a big hit with our daughter as well as our son. While she can not control any of the individual stations, our son will turn them on for her. She loves the music and he pretends to sing to her using the microphone. The voice for the ABC song is very nice and does not sound electronic. It has two different modes of play.
Be warned that the station will not work until completely together. I tried it after putting the batteries in and the sound did not work until the toys were added on top. It was very easy to put together. My son and I put it together in no time.
We are all very pleased with this purchase although it is costly, because our son is enjoying it as well as our infant daughter.
on October 5, 2005
I recently purchased the Leapfrog Learn and Groove Activity Station. I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because I noticed that the product was not height rated as most of the other brands of activity stations are.

I still got it, however, because I really loved the theme, music, and toys. I was very, very disappointed to see that my 8mth old that's in the 50 percentile in height was already on the highest height setting and would likely outgrow the product soon. Since there was no way I was paying $80 for something my son would only use for a very short time, I reluctantly took it back for a refund.

I ended up purchasing the Baby Einstein Activity Station by Graco which is height rated to 32". Based on comparing the Learn and Groove height setting to Baby Einstein's, I'd say that the Learn and Groove is only height rated to about 27"-28".

From a toy and music perspective, the Learn and Groove is heads and tails above the other Activity Stations on the market. In fact, it was my favorite toy that I had gotten my son. However, the height problems with this product far outweigh any positives.
on September 28, 2004
My husband and I originally been wanting to purchase the little tykes exersaucer for our 3 month old son because it was the only exersaucer that looked more for a boy. But then I seen this new one that came out and noticed that leap frog made it, I knew than that it was the one. We purchased this product just one day ago and my son absolutely loves it. Its the best exersaucer out there!! The originall exersaucers all have toys and rattles that just sit there on top and they don't do nothing. They don't play music or do anything electronically. I don't know about anybody elses baby but any of the other exersaucers wouldn't keep my son occupied for more than 10 mins. max. They're just way too boring. The learn and groove exersaucer on the other hand is great! It plays music, say words, colors, numbers,lights up, and says the alphabet, and it is also very appealing in a bright green and blue colors. Theres nothing more I can ask for. My son just turned 3 months and learned how to work everything on it in a day. I noticed one review and someone said that this saucer didn't have alot of toys on it but if there were more toys it would over stimulate a baby. This has just enough toys on it because all the toys that it does have on it does something electronically. My son will sit in this saucer for and hour at a time. At least I know if my son is siting in something for this long I know for a fact he'll be learning something. I have no regrets buying this product. Its worth every single penny!!!!!! If your looking for saucer purchase this one don't waste your time and money on anything else.
on January 23, 2005
I did quite a bit of research when buying a new one for my 4th child. Unfortunatley the previous one I had didn't last through my 6,4 & 2 year old boys. I was initially drawn to the Leap Frog name/brand, but after an examination of the product the BABY EINSTEIN stood out. The Leap Frog tray is flat with no rim, watch out for rolling cheerios if your little one is snacking in it, not to mention any other toys that could roll off. The Leap Frog doesn't offer much more than the music motif. In comparison the BABY EINSTEIN besides being $10 less, has numerous DIFFERENT toys introducing not only music, but animals, sounds, shapes, colors and fruits. Boy number 4 doesn't want out! Play leap frog and go straight for the BABY EINSTEIN.
on February 25, 2005
Our 6-month-old son has loved this activity station (especially the microphone) for over a month, but he discovered two serious defects during this past week. First, two of his fingers got stuck under the record player (another reviewer identified the same problem). Second, while turning the book page he got one of his fingers caught behind it. We were right there both times and so were able to remove his fingers before he hurt them too badly (e.g., by twisting in the seat while his fingers were still caught), but he got really scared both times. We will not use this station again, which is a shame because he really did like it.
on November 27, 2004
My daughter recieved this activity center from Grandma, and I was a little weary because I usually research products, however this has turned out to be a great learning toy. My Daughter loves this center. She loves the colors and the sounds, and she does not have a hard time pressing any of the buttons. In response to the person who posted about this toy teaching the word no, It is actually teaching the child the difference between high and "LOW" notes. I would definitely reccomend this center.
on October 12, 2004
We bought this for my 4 1/2 mo. old son. He loves the lights on the piano and at first we had to push the buttons for him and he loved the music it plays. It also plays the whole alphabet and he loves it when I sit and sit along with it. He is now able to turn all the way around after 1 week in it. He hits the numbers every now and then and is constantly pulling on the microphone. He hops up and down in it, however it does make him lean forward so I have to put a little pillow in front of his belly to keep him from leaning too far forward. I like the fact that this exersaucer has a lot of learning features. I don't want it just to keep him occupied.....babies get bored with that! He likes to play in it while I'm cooking dinner. LEARNING toys are the best to buy. It is very easy to put together and it's nice that it has 3 levels, so as he grows we can lift it up. Traveling with it is nice because it lays flat and fits in my Tahoe along with the stroller as well and it's not too heavy to lift. The benefit will come as he learns more.
on November 17, 2004
I am a huge LeapFrog fan. My 3 year old has most of the toys they offer and has learned all of her letters and sounds from their wonderful Letter Factory video and Letter Magnets. She can't get enough of the LeapFrog toys and videos. I am also a kindergarten teacher. When I meet with parents, I tell them to buy the Letter Factory and Letter Magnets to help their children learn the standards. When parents ask for suggestions for Christmas presents, I tell them anything LeapFrog! So when I discovered that they came out with this toy, I was thrilled. I searched one down that very day and proudly put my 4 month old son in it. It was the most boring toy I have ever seen. The buttons are too hard to push and it only has a few toys. The only toy he was even slightly interested in was the microphone - to chew on. The only good thing about this toy was that it held him upright. I kept trying and finally wrote a letter to the company. They wrote back, asking if I had taught him to use the toys - how ridiculous. He's a baby - he needs to be able to enjoy the toys freely. I promptly exchanged it for the wonderful Evenflo saucer that has about 15 toys - music, lights, hanging toys. It is full of fun at every turn.
on January 6, 2005
We bought the Learn and Groove when our daughter was about 4 months old (The youngest age for which the station is rated for). At first she just sat in it and looked at the toys. She could not get the teether in her mouth yet, but that was expected considering the toy is supposed to provide entertainment for her until she can walk. Being able to use everything immediately would make the product quite boring after a while. Now, at 8 months, she plays with everything. Each toy has a different cause and effect relationship that she is gradually grasping and she has taught herself to spin well. The toy does not teach babies to say "no" but teaches the relationship between "high" and "low." She has never pinched her fingers and because there are two volume levels, the noise has never annoyed me...even if it did, it delights her, for whom the toy is for. If you are expecting an activity station that is not entertaining without lights, music, colors, numbers, and cause and effect relationships and is simple for your baby to understand immediately this product is not for you. For those who desire hours of entertainment and learning experiences for you baby, buy this product.
on November 22, 2004
I bought this toy for my 4 mos. old son. At first all he could figure out to play with was the microphone. This toy drove me crazy, but now he is 6 mos. and has figured out all of the toys. He loves to turn the pages on the book, and he has even figured out the record player.

The only problem I have is that after having this toy for a few months some of the sounds have quit working. It is like the toy shorted out. sometimes sounds will play when no one is touching it, and the record player will only play once in a while. My son still likes it none the less.

I still love this toy and my son will sit and play in it a lot. I do recommend this to any parent for their child.

See 1 answered question