Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 10, 2007
I got this toy for 9-month-old twins, but I was suprised to find that two to five-year-olds are also amused by it. I would not buy it specifically for older children, but if your baby has older siblings, this will be a hit with them as well.

It can become a hazard once your child is able to climb. It can become a stepping stool onto higher, dangerous places (like bookshelves and toy cabinets).

Other than that, it is a fantastic toy. There is a variety of music in there, so it is not as annoying for parents as some other electronic toys. It is also very sturdy. Ours has been through some serious abuse (it has even gotten soaked in the rain) and it still works well. Despite all the keys and buttons, it is fairly easy to clean.
33 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2008
I bought this table for my 7 month old since I had owned a previous version of the same thing (minus the Spanish part). Unfortunately I gave it away, so I recently purchased it again. The main board itself is great, fun, and keeps the attention of the little one. The bilingual addition to this toy is fantastic. It has a great variety of activities/sounds so not only is the little one entertained by it, parents don't have to hear the same things over and over again.

However, the legs feel really flimsy this time around. The older version had extra stabilizing 'feet' when you add the legs so there would be less tendency to tip over. I don't know why they decided to stop making them with this feature other than a cost issue on their end. Also, some of the new versions do not have the tabs on the legs, so once you attach the legs on, you cannot remove them. Which is again strange since they claim on the box that you can remove them. (apparently, the Leapfrog Company has told people to return this version to the store and get one with the tabs, but good luck finding one with tabs) The plastic legs are also more prone to bend in places it's not supposed to bend(I found this out when I tried to remove the legs.) Luckily, I was able to exchange it out as my baby doesn't stand up yet.

So, in summary, if you want to buy this table and your little one is still not ready to stand, check to see which type of legs the table comes with. If it has the tabs, you are in luck. If it doesn't, do not put the legs on until your little one is ready to stand.
55 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2006
My mom bought this table and I bought a Fisher Price table. The kids love the Leap Frog Table and hate the Fisher Price one. The Leap Frog one is awesome! It has two options, words or music. So for the little ones to whom words don't mean much, you can use the music reinforcement and my toddler (age 2) likes the word option now. Great for around age 8 months when they start pulling up to stand. Love Love Love this table.
77 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2010
I was mildly disappointed that the the audio cuts in an out after a few months of use. I was looking for a solution, when I ran into a report that states this toy contains lead, bromine and arsenic!!! This is terrible in a child's toy, how can this go into production?

SOURCE - [...]

Potential Hazard Category: Contains Potentially Toxic Chemicals
Toy Name: Learn and Groove Musical Table
Manufacturer: Leap Frog
Potential Hazard Description: 2009 laboratory tests of this product found high levels of bromine and low levels of lead and arsenic. Please see the toxic chemi-cals key at the end of this report for more information.
77 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2006
My daughter just got this for her first birthday and she loves it! Everything you touch on this table makes a noise - we especially love the trombone and the banjo. As you flip the pages to the "book" in the middle of the table, the songs and the sounds change. There are lots of movable parts for the kids to play with - the slide on the trombone moves, there is a slide on the violin, the banjo has a lever to pull, there is a barrel to roll, pages of the book to turn, shapes to press, and a compartment to open. It is very colorful and very sturdy, too. I would DEFINTELY reccomend this toy!
on November 27, 2010
We brought this LeapFrog music table as a christmas present for our first born and was hoping this would last. Our son liked it when it was working but grew quickly bored of it after a day or two. Here are some pros and cons that I noticed when it was working:
PROs:
1) very easy to setup. Put in the batteries, insert the four legs, then hit the on switch and you're ready to rock and roll
2) It provides two options for sounds a)numbers, shapes and alphabet
b) music
3) Its fairly loud. It provides an option two options for volume control
4) lots of things to do on the table (eight to be exact - open/close blue box, fake plastic xylophone which starts the singing of up/down/high/low, fake plastic trumpet that starts the number sequence from one to ten, four key piano which sings red/blue/green/yellow, three shape buttons - red square/yellow triangle/green circle, cheap guitar that starts some music and spin (thingy), one page book that switches between vocal and music, a shaker which spins and starts the alphabet

Cons:
1)the plastic feels VERY cheap
2)not durable - mine lasted two weeks before it started to break down. If you want to know the end product, i've provided a video of it working and a video after it started to act screwy
3) the piano was four keys and played crappy music or sang the colors instead of providing a musical note per key
4)The alphabet and numbers were ridiculously quick. I guess someone was trying to save money on flash memory (or whatever they used to store the sound)
5)The HUGE plastic book was ONE page that flips back and forth. Couldn't they add more? I guess its cheaper to go with binary.
6) IT WONT LAST.... just a recommendation, but PLEASE AVOID THIS THING. Try finding something that will last. $35 bucks for two or three weeks is ridiculous for any toy.

UPDATE:
Per note from the replies, replacing the batteries has fixed the issues noted in the video and the review above. This toy has been slammed, dropped, and kicked around a bunch and its still up and running with no cracks. I'm surprised that its still in excellent condition.
1313 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2007
My daughter can't even stand yet and she loves this toy. I usually pull her bumbo seat up to it or hold her sitting or standing while she pounds away. This toy is advised for older babies but she has been using it since 4 mos. She is now 6 mos and still can't operate all of the gadgets by herself but she sure does love to try.
on October 19, 2007
We first saw this at our pediatrician's waiting room. My baby was instantly attracted to all of the buttons and moveable objects. So we bought and could not be happier. It provides so much for them to do. He quickly learned how to switch between the two modes, music and words. The little open/close compartment is great for improving finger dexterity, we put balls, blocks, etc inside that he would then fish out. It was the first toy he would head to when he woke up. He would happily push, pull, and turn things, and dance to the music for half an hour before he moved to the next toy. Pretty much the perfect toy.
on November 17, 2006
My 10-month-old son loves his musical table. Not only does it help him as he learns to stand, he's really interested in the variety of musical buttons and other "gadgets" on the table. We recently had a group of about 10 babies the same age over to play, and the Learn & Groove was the big hit -- they were all fascinated and entertained by this much longer than they were with other toys.
on March 24, 2014
It broke down within two months. Now my 8 month old baby girl is totally frustrated. I can't return it because the return window is just over (it ended on March 18th, 2014). The Leapfrog company completely ignores my phone calls and emails. I even recorded how it doesn't work properly and emailed it to Leapfrog customer serivice, but no response yet.