Published 12 months ago by I <3 Baby Toys

3.0 out of 5 stars My toddlers LOVE this toy.
I, on the other hand, seriously dislike this annoying little teapot with all it's awful singing. It seems to promote a bit of OCD with it's insistence that "It's ALWAYS best to MATCH your tea and cake." It then goes on to tell you exactly what to eat and drink. Seriously OCD teapot. ;) BUT, kids (age 12-16 months) like the whole set quite a bit.
Published 3 months ago by Sara Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great first tea set! The colorful lights for the tea is fantastic., June 22, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Role Play (Toy)
This is a really great first tea set. When you pour it, the tea level (which is the colored light) drops realistically and it makes a great sound of water being poured. When you open the lid (which is connected to the tea pot - so you can't lose it!), the teapot makes little comments about being opened or closed, or says things like "please close me so the tea stays warm!" It recognizes when you pour the teapot, to trigger sayings like, "you just poured one cup. There's enough tea for one more!" and prompts the user to pratice counting skills ("please pour two cups!" - and then after you've poured the second cup, it can sense that and says "great! you did it! you poured two cups!"). Pretty cool! The songs are pretty cute and there is a volume control and an off button (for when they become not cute as cute...haha). I think it has six different colors to match the pieces of cake -- and the teapot sings about the different flavors ("blueberry tea" for the blue, etc.). It's really so cute! I love the way it uses the light to make it seem like you're pouring the tea... When I just saw it online, I thought that might not be effective -- but my 2.5 year old really thought there was brightly shining tea in there, and keeps opening the lid to see what's inside (and to hear the funny, varied expressions when you open the lid). She already had a few teapots (Fisher Price Servin' Surprises and the Fisher Price one which looks like you're pouring the liquid), but she wanted this desperately at target. It really is better than her others -- even when we lose all the pieces that came with it. :) She loves Leapfrog's picnic basket and Mr. Potsy too. (Spellcheck just tried to change that to Mr. Potty -- ha! Maybe another product they should consider producing??). I think this would be really great for a 1.5-2.5 year old! Even though it's pink, I think a little boy would have fun with it too. I think out of the three (picnic basket, Mr. Potsy, and the tea set), the tea set is probably the best because of the light - be we love Mr. Potsy's expressions and the picnic basket comes with so much stuff too! Edit: almost two months later and she's obsessed with this toy! I was afraid at almost 36 months, it would be too babyish, but she loves exploring the different color lights and how they reflect on the wall and pretending to pour tea on the (poor) dog. Also, when she has her princess toys use their pretend potty, she uses the teapot to make a tinkling sound. Too much info?

5.0 out of 5 stars Preschoolers Love this Tea Set!, September 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am preschool teacher. I teach a class full of three year old boys and girls. As soon as I opened this tea set, I knew it was going to be a hit! And boy, was I right. My students cannot get enough of this toy! Both boys and girls love it equally. What kid doesn't love to pour? The sound of pouring when you tip the pot is definitely the biggest selling point. Kids love it! They also love passing out the cake pieces and then matching them to the tea. The songs are adorable and not over annoying as some singing toys can be. I love that there are two sound settings as well, being in a classroom it is not always a good idea to have noisy toys. I've directed the kids to keep it on the low setting and it's been great! No disturbing nearby classes! I can't recommend this toy enough! It's the perfect toy for dramatic play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea for two and two for tea..., July 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Leap Frog does such a good job with their toys - well made, durable, educational. This tea set is so cute. Nana is going to be having lots of tea parties with the twins. I do wish the colors were more neutral rather than pink because my grandson likes playing with the set, too, but oh well. One of the cups is white so that works for a boy.

I am thankful the set comes with 4 AAA batteries even though they are short use batteries. The kids got to start playing with the set right away (since Nana forgot to get batteries - shame on me. You'd think I would have learned by now).

The colors are bright. The pieces of cake look yummy. Good thing they are big sized otherwise the twins might have them totally in their mouths rather than just chewing on them. The sounds of pouring the tea from the teapot coordinate with the pot being tipped - very cool - and the teapot knows when one or two cups have been poured. The talking teapot says over 50 sayings and songs in a bright, cheerful voice. There is an off-on-volume control button (thank goodness). And there's a Tea Time button on the front of the teapot that can be pressed to hear different songs/sayings. Also the lid (attached so it doesn't get lost) can be raised. There is a mirror inside the teapot and the teapot talks/sings when the lid is raised, too. I also like that the teapot uses words like "please" and "thank you" to teach manners.

Some negatives:

A. I got the regular packaging rather than the frustration free and the pieces of the set are hooked onto the cardboard backing with cable ties. NOT fun to open.

B. The cable ties make two holes in each cup so real liquid can't be poured into the cups without making a mess.

C. There are six pieces of cake and only two cups. More cups would have been nice for bigger tea parties.

But, all things considered, this is a cute, playable, fun tea set for the younger crowd and I highly recommend it. So bye-bye. It's teatime!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great educational Tea Set, August 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Musical Rainbow Tea Party is a great toy. It's very durable, bold and educational. That's the stuff I love. My 2-year-old daughter loves playing pretend and this is a great toy for her. Plus, all the food slices is a shape that fits in it's on spot on the plates, like a puzzle. It helps her learn to identify and name colors; match colors and objects; develop social skills like sharing, communication and learning manners; and get lots of practice counting with adorable The Musical Rainbow Tea Party that lights up in magical colors. After she's done with the set I can get her to clean up when she's done. And she loves carrying this around the house too. Highly Recommended to Explore preschool skill-building activities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised me!, November 6, 2013
My 2 year old showed an interest in a small Fisher Price tea set but I always thought the tea sets that come with extra stuff like food would be just throw away items she'd never play with. I bought this one because it teaches manners, colors, half/full, and counting. Surprisingly enough, my daughter loves the different colored cakes too! She likes to pick a different one to "eat" each time she has tea and loves to share them with Mom and Dad. We will ask her which flavor cake we get and what she wants and she'll tell us. Really cute! I'd definitely recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars My toddlers LOVE this toy., March 18, 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Role Play (Toy)

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Tea set?, January 10, 2014
Pretty boring. Only two cups with it. A waste of money. It gives the impression there is a full tea set granddaughter didn't like it

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jan 13, 2014 2:06:41 PM PST
Hi!

Our Musical Rainbow Tea Party set includes 2 cups and a plate with 6 pieces of cake. If these items were not included with your Amazon order please feel welcome to reach out to us, we would be happy to get you those pieces sent out.

support@leapfrog.com or 1-800-701-5327 M-Th: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST and Fri.: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EST

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL Fun Toy, November 6, 2013
Cutest thing ever! Our granddaughter loves it and I would highly recommend it. The LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party keeps her entertained for long periods of time. And Grandpa shared her 1st tea party with her, what a hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Toy, October 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We love our LeapFrog tea set! It's a lot of fun to pretend having a tea party with the educational sounds, songs, and lessons (colors, numbers, matching). In particular, my wife and I appreciate the focus on manners (please, thank you, serving others before yourself, etc.). We find that many electronic toys are so loud, but the teapot has high and low volume settings as well as an auto shut-off. This is the perfect toy for children ages 1-3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Rainbow Tea Party, September 25, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Role Play (Toy)
This was a gift for my great-niece's first birthday. She loves music and the colors and shapes will help her learn.

LeapFrog Musical Rainbow Tea Party Role Play