4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle-Riffic
This is a great addition to LeapFrog's line. Here are my thoughts:

PACKAGING: Easy to get out of the box. Nothing excessive. Comes with a USB cord.

SETUP: You have to sign up for a parent account and go through about 10-15 minutes of downloads and choosing which options you want on the device. It's a simple process and lets you pick which stories,...
Published on September 20, 2011 by Jenna of the Jungle

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for a young child
My daughter is almost 2 and has already really enjoyed this toy. I was skeptical because I got turned off to Leapfrog with the Tag system my son had. However, I found this tablet was great and easy to use. I especially like the design since my daughter always wants to play with my ipad. The games and connect software are easy to install and it takes a little over 10...
Published on October 27, 2011 by Archimedes

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Educational, April 25, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
The My Own Story Time Pad literally goes with us everywhere and is used for at least one hour every day. This is one of the few toys that we don't rotate (we rotate toys on a weekly/bi-weekly basis) out. My daughter was 17 months old when she received this as a Christmas present. For the first month or two, she would just push buttons at random. It was mildly irritating, but I realized that was how she was learning to use it. She now actually USES this toy, and pushes buttons with intent. She is currently 21 months old. A few weeks ago we started watching the Preschool Prep Co. DVD's (there was a Groupon a while back for all ten). This toy really helps to reinforce the letters she is learning. If it wasn't for this toy, I don't think she would have full letter recognition at this point, but she does! She also enjoys the music feature quite a bit. I love that she can express her creativity by making her own music. The only feature she doesn't really use is the story feature, which surprised me since she loves regular books so much. It will probably be used more in time.

Overall, this is a fun learning tool and I would recommend it to anyone who has a toddler.

1.0 out of 5 stars small screen, upload didn't work for me, July 6, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
My son received this as a gift for his 2nd birthday. I was excited about it since he didn't have any computer type games and loves to play with my phone. I was hoping it would help with a long car trip home. The screen was very hard to read even after replacing the batteries. The images were light and primitive. Then after wasting almost an hour trying to get through the download (wouldn't let me past the first screen) I shut it off and returned it to the store.

2.0 out of 5 stars horrible screen, September 23, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The lcd screen is really tough to see and when you can see it, it's very old tech looking.

I liked that you can "customize" it online so it will say your child's name but even the customization didn't download properly. One of the options is for the email portion. You can basically choose one of 3 preprogrammed messages and choose who it's from (ie. I love you. Love, mommy). But this portion did not download correctly for me.

Also, you can choose songs but the buttons on the bottom don't allow you to choose which song plays, instead, it's on a rotation.

Overall, I think this toy is a bit cumbersome to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Sad Leapfrog Creation, February 18, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
I cannot get this device to connect properly. It keeps giving an error message telling me to check my batteries. I've swapped batteries and the screen shows it's talking to the computer but it won;t connect. The last thing I need is a child's device that should be simple to setup frustrating me. With out the personalization bells and whistles this thing is pure junk. My two year old will play with it for about 2 minutes and no more. What a waste. LEapfrog has great promise with the promise of educational value but poor follow-thru.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, December 29, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
Stopped working a few days later, was unable to send back because it was a gift for out of state, nevertheless, it should not have stopped working so soon,

5.0 out of 5 stars Story time pad, October 31, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
We got this for my son's birthday. It's cute and he really likes it. He still plays with it a year later. He likes to hear the emails from mommy and daddy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Learning Toy, October 30, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
My granddaughter played with this toy at a friends house during a play date and loved it. It helps teach the alphabet, sounds, tells stories, and plays music. The bonus is you can log onto LeapFrog's website and customize it to say your child's name and send them "email." Battery life is great and the pad is lightweight, so throwing it in a diaper bag or child's backpack is easy. I seems durable since my granddaughter has dropped it several times without any effect. This keeps my 2.5 year old entertained in doctors offices and restaurants without being annoying. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for kids, July 2, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
i bought this for my son since he was a baby and he is not three and he just loves it. it has really helped him learn the letters and other different things all by himself. he will turn it on and sit all by himself and just play for hours.....learning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super cute and fun, May 28, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
My daughter loves hers (we have the purple one)! You can customize it with your child's name and a few other options so it talks to them...she really likes reading with it and she used it a lot when she was learning her letters...very cute and fun toy - well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, April 11, 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Own Story Time Pad (Toy)
My 2 year old is working on his alphabet, and he really loves his "computer." When mommy is on her laptop, he sits next to me on the couch and plays with this. It's a lifesaver in the car or at the Dr's office, too. Great buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›