Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Design: Retail|Change

on August 8, 2012
Design: Retail|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is another winner from LeapFrog. Already adept with an iPad, my 2-year-old daughter had no trouble learning how to use the LeapFrog Touch Magic Bus. She particularly likes to listen to the songs and play with the piano keys. Ingeniously, when the songs are playing, all of the piano keys are keyed to make sounds from the same chord family as the song that is playing, so the piano sounds actually complement the song being played and do not create any dissonances. This makes my 2-year-old feel like she's actually contributing to the song, and that's fun for her. My only complaint is that I would love for this toy to have more songs (there are only three songs).

As for the letters, it is nice to have a toy that has good sound quality and that enunciates the letters (and the sounds for each letter) well. This is particularly important for young children who are still learning to speak. My daughter doesn't have as much fun with the letters as with the songs, but I think she is learning from this aspect of the toy.

Finally, there is a game mode that says things like, "Find the letter K." This is a great mode for slightly older children who already know their letters well. I think this game mode will make this toy appropriate and fun for a wide range of ages. All in all, this is a great toy with lots of learning potential.
Design: Retail|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Not surprised that a company as well respected as Leap Frog made this wonderful toy. Many times, toys like this with a sound element sound garbled and tinny. The sound on this toy is crystal clear, just with just the right variable volume. The buttons are the right size for little fingers to easily manipulate them, and the sounds are bright, happy, and engaging.

I like that there are 3 different modes with this toy, engaging various different skills (motor skills, letter/picture recognition, following simple directions, etc.). It is so fun the little ones will not even realize it is educational.

I also like that the toy is light weight, yet sturdy. It is easy for little ones to hold, and will withstand the inevitable drops that will occur.

All in all, another A+ toy from Leap Frog.
on January 23, 2013
I wanted to get this when I saw it in Target for a lot more but wanted to research similar products. When I saw how low the price was on Amazon I had to get it! It comes in a box that says what it is on the cover and EASILY comes out when opened! No twist ties, no small parts, no scissors required!!! Sign me up!! I have lost all patience for these toys that need a chain saw to get out of the package and then a magnify glass to find the plastic pieces before my pets or toddler put them in their mouths! The ONLY thing that you need are two AAA batteries which I have an abundance of so that wasn't a drawback for me. I was able to put the batteries and easily wrap it in the box it came in and let my kids open it on Christmas. Afterwards the box was recycled which I love that option!
on November 24, 2012
The colors are truly vibrant and the sound quality is good (albeit somewhat on the loud side), with three music songs which are catchy (and not annoying). My two year old hasn't shown the same attention to this as she has to other LeapFrog products (perhaps because she prefers the animated screen devices), although she really enjoys the piano section (which is great because they've set it up so that any note that you press during one of the musical songs matches the song in a pleasing harmony, so there is no way to sound bad)! There is an exploration/learning mode where your child can press any of the many touch points and here the letter name, sound, or the name/sound of an item - or a "play" mode which asks you to find a certain item (sometimes by sound - as in "touch the picture which makes the sound ___" (which is a little tricky even for me!!). The illustrations are a little creepy looking and not the usual LeapFrog characters. My main fault with this is that it is easy to press the wrong button as my 2 year old's sleeve hits the device - so from an educational standpoint, I see her getting confused when she thinks she is pressing the letter "B", but it's making the sound for "R" which her hand has ever so slightly grazed as she's reaching for the B. If you can get this on sale, I still recommend it as there are many different options here and perhaps and older child wouldn't have that issue. I also think a much younger child (9 months) would enjoy this just to explore cause and effect with pressing buttons. It is very very light (so much lighter than you would expect), making it nice to have on a child's lap in the car and easy to transport (although it's on the large side).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 28, 2012
Design: Retail|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although this toy is rated for 2+, it is appropriate for much younger babies too. My 12-month-old nephew loves this when he comes over for a playdate. I don't know how much he absorbs when he presses the letters and hears the words, but this is one of his favorite toys. He will sit and play with the keys and the letters for at least 10+ minutes.

So if you're wondering if this will work with your 12 or 18 month old, go for it.

That said, I don't think it's too babyish for 2 or 3 either. It's very basic with broad appeal. Nice bright "buttons" (they aren't actually raised) that sound music or words in a cheerful voice when you press them. This makes a perfectly fine present for a 1 year old too, imo. They will start to learn when they are ready, but won't be bored in the meantime either.
on December 11, 2014
This is a great toy. The electronic voice is easy to understand, and there are lots of different activities for a child to do.The bus is pretty large, but it's very lightweight. The large format is wonderful for younger kids, because each touch-key surface is fairly big and very sensitive; you don't need terribly precise motor skills to use this toy. Kids can create music, learn vocabulary and practice the alphabet. The Learning Bus is ideal for kids to use by themselves on car trips, but it also provides activities for parents/sitters/older siblings to do with younger kids. The flat surface is easily cleaned, and it shuts off automatically if keys aren't pressed. which should make for good battery life. A real bargain!
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2012
Design: Retail|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I myself absolutely love this educational toy. I like that fact that it makes teaching fun. I love the sounds, songs and the overall look of it. I also like the fact that it has 3 different modes, so it's for fun and educational. The only thing is..my 2yr old doesn't want to "sit" and learn with it. He is in that mode where he wants to do everything, he acts like he knows everything already lol. He is the same with books, he doesn't want YOU to read them, he wants to take them and flip through real fast so he can say the end! I don't know if it's his attention span or if it's just a phase..hopefully it is just a phase. I think I will put it up until he turns 3. He does like the music and playing the "piano" though.
on September 1, 2015
I think this is an excellent teaching tool. I have a two year old and a 5 year old and they both enjoy it. I use this for my two year old as one of his busy toys while I am homeschooling my 5 year old. I try to find educational toys that can help him to learn at the same time I am teaching my 5 year old, and this one fits that need. I love that it has a piano for free play, It also has an explore feature, and game feature. It is a very cool toy and it is very educational. Win, Win!
on November 21, 2012
This is a very light, colorful, musical toy which is great for car rides. However, I have to deduct a star for educational value (even though I think LeapFrog is great), because my 2 year old frequently thinks she is pressing one letter, but gets another letter's soundbyte (because it's very easy to set off a letter sound if your sleeve touches the device while you're reaching for a higher letter). Maybe for an older kid this wouldn't be an issue though. The music is catchy and it's great the way you can play along with the piano and your accompaniment always sounds great. The illustrations are a little creepy and not the usual Leapfrog Scout/Violet/Leap. I like it that there is a learning option, a game option, or a music option. It's challenging to hear the sound and find the corresponding icon - and sometimes I don't know what the correct answer is myself. Lots of interesting non-standard selections (not the same old choices) and the sound quality is great. I think at this fifteen buck price, it's a good deal. My 26 month old showed a TON of interest in the store with it...then when we got it home, not so much...and now - at 27 months, she's all into it all of a sudden. I think a slightly older child would get more out of the games - but I thnk even a much younger kid would have fun just playing around with cause and effect and pushing buttons).
on November 30, 2015
2yr old son never played with this or used it. don't waste your money kind of seems like if it got stepped on it would break right away anyways. get something stronger or different to help with letters I have gone to the old fashion flash cards and they have worked the best with my son and he loves getting the cards when he has done it correctly. this toy doesn't give them the confidence they get when one on one with a parent