5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute!
Both of my boys, ages 2 and 4, like it! It is a really cute toy! It plays songs, counts, and more. It is very lightweight. It requires very light touch to activate each part of the toy. There are lots of fun features to this toy!
Published on October 12, 2012 by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as other LeapFrog items
As a teacher, I normally try to avoid a lot of electronic toys at our house, but I do like to keep a few on hand for long car rides, sick days, etc. In the past, I've always been happy with the LeapFrog brand. We have several other items from them and I feel like they all work well to provide a nice blend of entertainment and education.

I purchased this on an...
Published 22 months ago by LibraryPiper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as other LeapFrog items, December 9, 2012
LibraryPiper (Cleveland, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)

I purchased this on an impulse when amazon had a big discount on it. So far it has been a disappointment. I bought it for my two-year-old, and he played with it for about 10 minutes before putting it away on the shelf. It seems noisier and more chaotic than our other Leapfrog items. The touch screen works well, responding to even a light touch, but once he had gone through the items and heard all of the different sounds, he had little interest in interacting with any of the games or audio prompts. Since he loves trains and animals and counting, I was surprised how little interest he had in this toy. My 4-year-old was only very briefly interested, which was not a surprise considering her age.

If you're like us and only plan to purchase one or two of these type of items, I would recommend the Leapfrog Text and Learn (alphabet) or the Leapfrog Chat and Count Cell Phone (numbers). They don't look as exciting on the surface but they have provided much more enjoyment over time than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute!, October 12, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kids loved this, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)
Saw this in the store this weekend and picked it up for my kids. They absolutely loved it! It works just like an iPad. You just put your fingers on the pictures and they respond. Well worth the $25.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good distraction for babies, November 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been really using this toy in the car to calm a fussy baby wanting out of his car seat! It is very thin, so you can slide it under baby's feet in car seat which I find handy. There are lots of sounds, songs and noises so great variety to the toy. The noises are easily triggered (with feet or hands) so good for young babies without fine motor skills. The flip side is there aren't any three dimensional buttons to press, so baby doesn't really learn cause and effect from pressing the sound effects. It also seems a bit too easy at times to trigger the song and baby ends up pretty much creating cacophony of ten sounds at once interrupting the other songs and noises. The design is reminiscent of a computer screen, with a flat on off button which works easily. There are functions for a child to grow into which I like. For example, it asks child to choose the animal to include in the next line of the old mcdonald song, or it asks you to pick a certain animal or food item on the toy. Baby can also grow into the counting functions and prompts to count or choose numbers so there are educational functions for multiple ages. Decent toy, not my favorite, but entertains very well and better than simpler music toys. The music is tolerable to adult ears as well, not too loud or too high pitched like some baby song toys that make you want claw your ears off after the hundredth time hearing it.

3.0 out of 5 stars My 2-year-old likes it ok, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)
Santa brought this to my 2-year-old. He plays with it fairly often and my 4-year-old enjoys it too. Comparatively non-annoying music. Easy to clean, sanitize after kids have been sick.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this toy!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)
I bought this toy for my son's 2nd birthday and its great for car rides. It has many different settings that allow him to change up his learning. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of play options = learning opportunities = good value, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)
This is a great little toy, good for learning animals, colors, counting, and more. My 3 year old daughter received it when she was 2, and she is able to play the games and use it as it is intended. She especially likes the songs. I like that it is light-weight, and a good size for holding on her lap across her carseat for something to play in the car. (The downside to that is that I'm sure if I were to accidentally step on it, it would break.) Another great toy by Leapfrog. Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leap Frog Smiles Again, October 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Come along on Old MacDonald's train filled with magical animals and numbers. Also veggies and fruit adorn and with just a touch you can hear the name of the product or the sound the animals, and the sound the numbers make. So much to be learned on this bright, colorful toy that will draw a little one's attentions as soon as it is spotted. I just love it and I am in my 50's but a refresher course on numbers and sounds can't hurt. :-) Along with the jazzy tunes. I know a baby will be crazy about this animated product and I think Leap Frog should be so pleased about this product.

Leap Frog a high five to you for consistantly creating toys that both teach and asmuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars A total hit!, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail (Toy)
We got this as a Christmas present, and it's a total hit! My 1 1/2 year old who loves counting just adores this toy. She is all into the counting feature. My 4 year old likes the game feature best. There are 3 modes: explore - where you press areas and the toy tells you what it is ; play - where the voice tells you to find this or that object, like "three golden chicks"; and sing, where it plays "Old McDonald" and you get to choose which animal it sings. The numbers are 1-20, so it helps kids to count past 10 when they are ready. I thought they would get tired of it quickly, but they haven't.

The touchscreen picture shows an animal train with a cow, goat, dog, chicks, pig and horse. The xylophone is playable. There are fruit and vegetable baskets in the background and numbers at the top and bottom. Nice to see a toy that teaches kids about healthy foods (although there is ice cream there too!). Buy it if your kids love to count and explore!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for little ones., April 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My twins love this toy. At first it was hard for them to get used to the fact that there were no "hard" buttons as it's all a flat piece but they quickly adjusted as kids do. They love playing with it, especially the animal sounds part. I must say this is durable also. I can't tell you the number of times that one of my kids has stepped on it and stayed standing on it because they thought it was funny. It's held up through a lot of abuse. Overall highly recommended.

Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail