Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leapfrog Touch Magic Counting Train, Retail
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Design: Retail|Change

on December 9, 2012
As a teacher, I normally try to avoid a lot of electronic toys at our house, but I do like to keep a few on hand for long car rides, sick days, etc. In the past, I've always been happy with the LeapFrog brand. We have several other items from them and I feel like they all work well to provide a nice blend of entertainment and education.

I purchased this on an impulse when amazon had a big discount on it. So far it has been a disappointment. I bought it for my two-year-old, and he played with it for about 10 minutes before putting it away on the shelf. It seems noisier and more chaotic than our other Leapfrog items. The touch screen works well, responding to even a light touch, but once he had gone through the items and heard all of the different sounds, he had little interest in interacting with any of the games or audio prompts. Since he loves trains and animals and counting, I was surprised how little interest he had in this toy. My 4-year-old was only very briefly interested, which was not a surprise considering her age.

If you're like us and only plan to purchase one or two of these type of items, I would recommend the Leapfrog Text and Learn (alphabet) or the Leapfrog Chat and Count Cell Phone (numbers). They don't look as exciting on the surface but they have provided much more enjoyment over time than this.
on October 12, 2012
Both of my boys, ages 2 and 4, like it! It is a really cute toy! It plays songs, counts, and more. It is very lightweight. It requires very light touch to activate each part of the toy. There are lots of fun features to this toy!
I think this is AWESOME! It does everything it says it will. Touch the numbers and it says the number. Is then asks you to find fruits. Touch animals to hear their name and the sound they make. This is such a fun little bad and would be a perfect toy for on the lap in the car. We are actually using it with our 14 month old, who surely doesnt' get it, but she likes that it makes noise when she touches it. For a kid who can already count and already knows animal names, you would think this would be boring, but I did catch my older kids messing with it (what is their fascination with baby toys?) Still, I can see this being an even better toy for a 2 or 3 year old :) Especially if the parent is willing to sit with baby and learn and explore together. Yes, I know it's going to be boring if you're an adult, but the fun for you is watching the child learn and seeing how happy the child is when they get a reaction from both the toy and their loving parent. Happy learning!
on February 16, 2015
In my opinion, this toy is a little bit too chaotic. Doesn't hold my child's interest so far. But, all kids are different and your experience may differ. I think it is well-made, and I like the size, which is not too thick or heavy. It would be great to take in a car. I don't like how it only plays two songs; wish it had a few more songs. But, not a bad purchase; might be worth a try.
on November 29, 2012
So I scored this on Amazon's black friday lightening deals. I didn't know it was for ages 2 and up, my daughter is getting ready to turn 1. So, when I opened the box and saw that, I was momentarily concerned. However, she LOVED it. EVERYTHING is touchable on this. The numbers, the food, the animals, the smoke stack (is a chord plus the root an octive up, 1 note per 2 "discs"). There are several modes. "Meet the animals," a music mode, a game playing mode (does thing such as "Find the red pinwheel" and then you push it and it praises you for finding the right item), learning modes, etc. I worried initially that she didn't quite have the coordination to select just 1 thing..and she doesn't. But it's forgiving, and with so much of the screen interactive it will continue to make noise and entertain her. It will be FANTASTIC over the next year for both giving her an educational toy, and giving us a fun way to learn numbers, colors, animals, etc. I can't praise this toy enough! If you're looking for it to fully entertain your child so they can be independent with it I would definitely stick with age 2 and up. However, it certainly makes for an effective 1st birthday gift if you're looking for something fun and interactive that your kid will enjoy because it makes noise, and you can use as a teaching tool!
on December 1, 2013
This is a great little toy, good for learning animals, colors, counting, and more. My 3 year old daughter received it when she was 2, and she is able to play the games and use it as it is intended. She especially likes the songs. I like that it is light-weight, and a good size for holding on her lap across her carseat for something to play in the car. (The downside to that is that I'm sure if I were to accidentally step on it, it would break.) Another great toy by Leapfrog. Recommend.
on July 30, 2012
Saw this in the store this weekend and picked it up for my kids. They absolutely loved it! It works just like an iPad. You just put your fingers on the pictures and they respond. Well worth the $25.
on November 2, 2015
I bought it for my daughter when she was about 1.5years old. Plays songs when she presses on fruits/numbers and animals. Very light weight and after about year and half it still worked awesome. I just 2 weeks replaced the batteries and gifted to my friend's daughter. It's is an awesome learning toy for kids.
Purchased as a gift for a 12 month old baby, I knew this would be slightly above the suggested age range of 2+ years, but because of the soft touch response I thought it might be a good choice. He loves it! It's very sensitive to a soft touch, and yet durable enough to endure excited pounding. Well priced and well received, I'm pleased I chose this Leapfrog product to help build basic counting and vocab skills.

Songs, simple matching ('what animal makes this sound...'), counting and number recognition and early vocabulary skill building all combined with fine motor skill training make this a good educational toy choice for young children. It's limited, as there are no cartridges to swap out, but it reinforces some basics like numbers up to 20 and color recognition.

Three modes: Learn Mode, Game Mode and Music Mode, offer the user varied opportunities to interact with the toy. The colorful picture on the front of the toy doesn't change, but since the child must listen and use fine motor skills to make new things happen, a video screen which changes pictures is really unnecessary.

I like this toy for its size, portability, durability and features. A great toy to keep in the car for older babies and young toddlers, but I'd be surprised if kids over the age of 5 were not bored with it after a few uses.
on April 24, 2016
So this was an interesting toy. Bright and colorful, different modes, songs, and games. Yet it seemed they were trying to save money. The board doesn't have a backing and feels pretty cheap. That being said, it has managed to survive two kids and two years.