4.0 out of 5 stars SAINT PETER SEZ........
Published on September 5, 2004 by STEPHEN T. McCARTHY

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn the Bible in 24 Hours
I believe that Learn the Bible in 24 Hours could help the reader retain the content by including questions at the end of each book or hour. The book provides informative background content and a great summary of each book of the Bible.
Published 14 months ago by carolann robertsl

4.0 out of 5 stars SAINT PETER SEZ........, September 5, 2004
STEPHEN T. McCARTHY (a Mensa-donkey in Phoenix, Airheadzona.) - See all my reviews
..."BE READY TO GIVE AN ANSWER IN MEEKNESS AND REVERENCE TO EVERYONE WHO SEEKS FROM YOU A WORD CONCERNING THE HOPE OF YOUR FAITH." (1 Peter 3:15) Chuck Missler's, LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS, will go a long way in assisting you to do just that! Here is the concept : 24 chapters (each of which can be read in an hour - and usually less) cover the major themes of The Holy Bible from Genesis through Revelation. This ingenious, but impossibly ambitious idea has been impressively executed, and I highly recommend it to BOTH neophytes AND experienced Bible students.

I have intently and daily studied The Bible for more than a decade. The margins of my Bible pages contain copious notes representing Holy Spirit-inspired insight, idiomatic notations, and cross-referencing. And still, new truths were revealed to me through Mr. Missler's publication.

Bear in mind that other than Christ Himself, there is no such thing as a Bible "expert." I even reject the term "scholar." The Bible is the deepest, most mystical, most Spiritually transforming object on the face of the Earth. We can learn about it, but we cannot thoroughly "KNOW" it. Missler concedes, "The Scripture is inexhaustible - you can never get to the bottom of its depth. And that's what you would expect from the Word of God...Bible study is not an intellectual exercise; it is a SPIRITUAL exercise." (Pages 25 & 309) He is so right! And yet, this book is an excellent resource to give you a start and the inspiration to initiate a personal exploration into the mother lode of Spiritual Truth. You will finish with an understanding of the major themes of the "books" of The Bible, and you will be in possession of a lot of fascinating facts that prove The Bible's Divine Authorship. You may already be familiar with SOME of this material if you are currently a devoted student of Scripture and/or you have read some of Missler's previous titles such as COSMIC CODES and ALIEN ENCOUNTERS. Still, it is nice to have it in this novel format along with some of the more obscure, but nonetheless, penetrating and edifying details.

The problems with the book are relatively minor, but because I guard my 5-Star rating jealously, I had to charge demerits because Mr. Missler tends to repeat information too frequently. Also, there was one instance of blatant theological hypocrisy, and a number of typographical errors.

I do not consider myself a "Christian" in the contemporary sense, as I hold some beliefs that I find to be Biblically sound but unacceptable to the modern "Church." Therefore, I am not in agreement with the totality of Missler's exegesis. Even so, LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS has value for every type and degree of student. Let it inspire you to undertake a more thorough examination of the Word of God, but let The Holy Spirit dictate its deepest meaning to you.

Have you ever wondered whether there was really any valid reason to put your Faith in The Bible? Wonder no more! "The Bible is the only book that hangs its entire credibility on its ability to write history in advance, without error." (Page 14) Do you know someone who is honestly desirous of The Truth but who doesn't currently own a Bible? Here's my prediction : If you buy a copy of LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS for that person, they will have gone out and purchased their very own Bible long before they have even finished reading Missler's study. Yes, it will be THAT eye-opening for a lot of people!

PROVERBS 26:11 graphically observes that "As a dog returns to his own vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." Be forewarned that this book will convict you of Truth, which demands a new Way of living. You will not be able to return to your old patterns. Because knowledge not lived is sin, you should avoid this publication unless you are truly willing to answer a call from God. But do you hear your inner phone ringing? LEARN THE BIBLE IN 24 HOURS is not a wrong number. Pick it up and say hello to The Father who loves you, and to His Son who proved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your Law" Psalm 119:18, June 22, 2006
Wow. Most of my life I would've said the Bible was my all-time favorite book, but out of obligation (as a Christian, I thought it had better be). In reality, while I did enjoy the Book, I didn't understand many parts of it, and really didn't know it in depth.

That has all changed. I read Chuck Missler's book, Learn the Bible in 24 Hours, about a year ago, and it set me off on an exciting path of discovery and knowledge. Three of the 'themes' that Missler repeatedly hits on, that I have taken with me every step of this journey, are these:

1) as one can look at nature and not help but be awed by its power, beauty and syncronicity, and know that a Creator had to be behind it, so can one look at the Holy Scriptures and come to the same conclusion. Seeing the syncronicity of the Bible (how upon deep investigation, seeming contradictions come to purposeful insight, its many patterns and inter-connectedness), the beauty of the Bible (in its behind the scenes details and imagery, and beauty of the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic languages), and the power of the Bible (to relevantly apply to our lives today and change them in amazing ways!), one can only come to realize that a Higher Power is behind it. This truly is the Word of God.

2)Acts 17:11, 'the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they eagerly studied the Law everyday to see if what Paul said was true'. Missler applies this principle to his readers, saying 'Acts 17:11 tells you to not listen to what Chuck Missler tells you, but rather look it up in the Bible on your own. Be a Scripture student!'. (I love that!)

3) this will be an expensive lesson for you. Not in the cost of the book, but in the cost of your preconceived notions. Many ideas I had as a kid from Sunday School about the Bible are not exactly accurate, and Missler unabashedly points them out.

This book led me to his website, khouse.org, to purchase more material from him, including a CDrom study of Revelation, with over 30 hours of info. He has a dry sense of humour and a thorough understanding of what he's talking about. I highly recommend this book, and other material from Missler, for Christian, seeker and sceptic. An eye-opening book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Biblical Introduction/Overview, October 28, 2003
By A Customer
Dr. Missler does a phenomenal job of summarizing such a complex and important topic in terms for the layman. The views he presents are definitely biblically founded, though not always popoular within even christian circles. If you are looking for a door to begin your journey through the Bible, this book is a wonderful introduction.
Dr. Monty Ham

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblical Expose' from a Mathmatician's Point of View, November 7, 2002
Chris Ward (Allegan, MI United States) - See all my reviews
Dr. Chuck Missler certainly did not miss his target with this easy reading factual approach to learning truths about the Bible. This book will leave many a skeptic running for a comeback so they aren't converted! When Dr. Missler writes, "We're going to reach far beyond earth's prehistory, beyond the mists of legend and folklore to discover the greatest drama of all literature." he isn't kidding! This former graduate from Annapolis and eventually Branch Chief of the Department of Guided Missles knows how to take aim and hit a target! He does so with "Learn the Bible in 24 hours"! It is a direct hit with informataion, facts, and mathmatical computations beyond your mind's ability to comprehend. This is a must read for scholars at every level of knowledge of the Bible. It will inform. It will enlighten. You will be exposed to facts you'll have to recken with for the rest of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most important book not called the Bible you'll ever read..., December 4, 2002
Taylor Brown "bigfishjuan" (Fullerton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Everyone in the world is living in ignorance until they read this book. It is amazing what Chuck brings to light that 99% of people with PhD's in theology probably don't even realize. The is THE intellectual's approach to learning the Bible in 24 hours. If I were selling this book, I would offer a money-back guarantee: if you can read this, regardless of your faith or background, and not fall on your face before God...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful companion to your Bible, January 9, 2005
SB Christian (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
Excellent organization of information. Terrific bits of information not readily discerned by reading the Bible alone. Read side-by-side with the Bible. It greatly increased my understanding of some of the harder to understand books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, January 11, 2005
Chuck Missler has done it again. This book is very informative and a great resource for anyone who is searching for a better understanding of the bible. If you buy this book you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study, February 21, 2006
This book is a great tool to understand and learn more about God's Word. It's Awesome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic overview, April 30, 2007
Chuck Missler provides a fantastic overview of the entire Scriptures in this book. I learned so much from just his "hour" sessions. The only "problem" for me was it left me wanting more info! (Which I guess is not really a problem at all!) Good book from a summary standpoint, and provides a good launch point for in-depth Bible study. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book really started something..., June 14, 2007
I was intrigued when I saw the title so I got the book. I read it in two days and have bought copies for several people. My parents liked it so well, they ordered the DVD version and are meeting with their friends once a week and watching this. We've also started listening to Chuck Missler's daily podcast on our ipods and we're reading his study of Genesis. He takes the Bible very, very literally and explains how everything is exactly as it is written and what it means. We are very much drawn to the logical side of Christianity and not so much the emotional side. This is right up our alley!

Learn the Bible in 24 Hours
Learn the Bible in 24 Hours by Chuck Missler (Paperback - November 29, 2011)
$19.99 $14.38