Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(5 star)show all reviews
on April 3, 2011
well i like this book a lot. Before buying german picture dict, i went to my local library to look at different kids picture dictionaries. Some of dictionaries had real ART picturies, sometimes it was hard to guess what is really on pictures.

I do not appreciate art in kids books, kids are kids, they learn how things look too, so as you may guess i have chosen book with nice, real looking pict and vivid colors. i like also that this book has 1500 words, thats more than average kids pict dict.

From beginnig you can learn: words (with pictures) in english alphabetical order,(With every word there is also written one sentence in english and german, which is nice too), numbers, days of the week, months of the year, shapes, compass directions, time, some irregular english words (verbs, nouns, adjectives), there is also index to the german words.

There is nothing about pronunciation, so if u are begginner, you may have to learn it somewhere else. I used to learn german many years ago, for me pronunciation was not a problem. but without practice i forgot most of words and grammar. I bougth it for me (to learn german AND english) and for my daughter (3 years) to show her pictures and teach her (for now) english words.

Only thing i really don like about this book is amazon price. Because i saw this book before buying (from library) i saw the price printed on back cover. Printed price was $11.95. I was surprised by amazon price, i thought i maybe borrowed from library older cheaper copy. i checked publication year and it was 1997. i ordered from seller because he gave me very good price. I received my book, same publication year 1997, same $11.95. This book is really great, but because of its price on amazon, you may want to buy it somewhere else.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again