Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2014
Yes, you *could* learn R in a day, but you better have all day. Starting from scratch (this was my very first R book), I did one chapter a day. Each day, after a new chapter, I would rework an older chapter until after a week I had all of the tips and tricks. Great book, step-by-step instructions, excellent for beginners.
on April 4, 2014
i was delighted with this little book...it got me functional with R, able to enter, manipulate, and plot data usefully in less than 8 hours of work (i did it in 4 2 hour blocks of time that included time spent looking at various packages and documentation other than that pointed to explicitly by the author). the great thing about this book is that every step is explicitly spelled out. no gaps, no being left hanging figuring out how to get from a to b. this also means that for some things, experienced people can skip chunks of it.

it is very much an introductory book. but once you are through it you can very easily graduate to more involved texts...it's worth every one of the 399 pennies it costs as a kindle book, and i highly recommend it as a starting point for working with R.
on February 9, 2014
For the price and the intent of this book, this is a good investment. You can go through the exercises quickly and if you take notes in a script file you'll be able to draw on what the book covers later. It's a good stepping stone to start learning r.
on May 25, 2014
I used this book to teach myself R. It has a great series of exercises to teach the basics, and then allows you to delve into the more advanced features of the language. It is a great value for the price, and the digital delivery is perfect. I agree with other reviewers that learning R in a day is a bit aggressive, but if you don't worry about that, you'll get more out of it at whatever pace you choose.
on July 22, 2014
This is an excellent resource for those looking to get started with R. The writing is concise and easy to follow. The example code is easy to read, and all of it worked for me on my system without a hitch. I was most impressed with the substantial problem sets at the end of each chapter, and the solutions to these problem sets found at the end of the book. I find that few 'learn to use |x| language' books include this many problems for the reader to solve and then check. I hope that Dr. Murray will write and offer additional texts, as he is clearly a gifted educator. In sum, for me, this was an extremely useful resource. Five stars.
on March 15, 2014
Great book to start learning R. Gets right to practical examples with problems to work on your own. You could probably finish the book in a day, as promised in the title. Maybe one long day without any incoming emails.

Not the only R book you will need but a practical place to start.
on February 19, 2015
I went through this after taking some other R courses that I floundered in. This was great for step-by-step walking through some basic things that will cemented what I (frustratingly) spent hours learning in the course. Do this first. Then do the "A Beginner's Guide to R". You'll be good.
on January 30, 2015
I bought "Learn R in a day" to support an online course I was taking on R. The document helped me laid the basic foundations to understand R and get comfortable with the console working environment.
The book gave me useful description, exercises and explanations to get the 101 of R. The course was easier for me and now I feel ready to go into another book which should be a bit more advance.
on February 26, 2014
This book got quickly to the base of learning R Programming Language. It gave a very good entry into using the language and it's basic features!!'
on February 20, 2015
This little Kindle book is a very good place for beginners to start the long process of learning R. Examples are given and although it is difficult to know how much material to introduce to newbies, Mr. Murray has done a very good job of picking the most important topics and examples to include in a beginner course. This book is well worth the money!