Six classic stories in a single volume!
Rip Van Winkle
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby
Anansi Learns to Fish
Learn to Read With Classis Stories helps children in grade 3 build reading comprehension skills with these timeless fairytales and fables. Really 2 books in 1, the first section is an anthology of the classic stories, retold by well-known children’s authors and illustrators. The second section offers activities that will expand children’s knowledge of language arts and reading, assess their reading and listening comprehension, and extend their understanding through creative writing activities. Children will have fun reading these stories over and over again!
• Reinforces essential reading comprehension standards set forth in Reading First Initiatives.
• Expands writing and language arts skills
• Easy-to-understand directions
• Activities and stories are color-keyed for easy reference
• Activities are perforated for easy removal
• Comprehensive answer key
• Source notes for individual stories
• Additional parent activities to extend learning
The Learn to Read With Classic Stories series is a collection of fairytales, fables, folktales, rhymes, and legends that will capture children’s attention a