5.0 out of 5 stars Super Why-Touch and Learn Super Duper Computer
Published on December 26, 2009 by Mary L. Carpenter

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed...poor quality for the $
I bought this for my 3.5 year old son for Christmas as he loves Superwhy and asked for a Superwhy computer. Seemed like it would be a great toy to reinforce learning from the show.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend because
Published on February 22, 2010 by Happy New Mom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed...poor quality for the $, February 22, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Curve Brands Super Why - Touch and Learn Super Duper Computer (Toy)

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend because
1) the sound quality is so bad it's really hard for my son and any adult to understand what letter sounds they are asking for; therefore it is frustrating for my son to learn as neither he or I can get the answers right
2) the graphics are really low budget and it is hard to distinguish the V from a Y for example
3) you are supposed to use the why writer and touch the screen but you have to touch the screen perfectly for it to respond so my son ends up tapping on the screen a half dozen times to get it to respond
4) keypad letters are also hard to push and have to get it just right for the computer to respond
5) the superwhy theme song plays in the background the entire time and it will drive you up the wall if your kid is playing for even 5 minutes (just think what 20 minutes of the song will do to any sane adult
6) it takes a long time for the computer to register your answer and respond if you get it right or wrong that the pace of the game will drive any quick or active child to look for something else to do.

The good qualities are that it is superwhy so it had recognition points from my son and he is willing to put up with the poor quality just to see his characters on the screen and this toy seems really durable.

Maybe I got a lemon, but I don't think so. For the price, I expected better. There are much better computers out there with better graphics, sounds and learning games for about half the price but aren't licensed SuperWhy. Bummed when I saw a computer at Target for literally more than half off. Bought that computer and am giving it to my son for his fourth birthday to replace this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Display not good, March 16, 2010
My 3 yr old son watched PBS Super Word program almost every weekday and we found this thing. After we bought it, my son was very excited but after playing it for a few days he never touch it again.

The major problem is with the dark, small screen/display, exactly as many others have described in their reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Why-Touch and Learn Super Duper Computer, December 26, 2009
I brought the Super Why-Touch and Learn Super Duper Computer for my 4 year old grandson and he just loves it. He likes playing the games and he stays right with it. With his other items he gotten for Christmas he likes this one the best. My grandson is rough on toys but having his own computer is making him more careful with his toys. These are his own words when he opened the package, "Awsome and Super Why Computer, I really needed one."

1.0 out of 5 stars A lemon or just bad toy???, February 3, 2010
Jazz R (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This toy has not really worked sine the day we got it. Maybe we got a lemon, but it has basically been useless. It's really unfortunate because I thought it could be a great tool for my daughter to learn her words.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work when we got it, January 12, 2011
Mongon (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
My daughter got this computer for Christmas from her Grandparents, upon my suggestion. She LOVES the SuperWhy program. But when we got the computer, the sound didn't work. We changed out batteries, pushed the reset button, then began contacting the company that sold it and even the maker. We were told there were no other ones to exchange. Seems this item is only made during certain times of the year (i.e. Christmas!). The company ended up refunding the purchase price to my mother-in-law and didn't have us return the computer. I was told to either donate or trash it. I'm checking with our computer guy at work to see if he can open it up and take a look at it for me. The graphics work, the touch screen works ... but we don't know what we're supposed to be doing. What a disappointment for a 3 year old at Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Why Computer, February 2, 2010
We looked at a lot of child computers before we purchased this one. This is great. It teaches our grandson so many things and the touch screen makes it even better. He uses it all the time. It is inexpensive considering all it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4yr old loves it, September 23, 2010
Patricia Mcginnis (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Do you like it? "I like it a lot!" Can you understand what it's saying? "Yes, because it says it real loud!" Can you read the letters? "Yes." And do you feel like you are able to play the games and get the answers right? "Yes, it is super fun!" As a mom, I love that it has two volume settings. Even the highest setting doesn't seem too loud. We have had it for about 4 months. He plays with it frequently enough that I feel it was worth the small investment. He'll play with it for about 15 minutes before moving on to somthing else, unless I am engaged in it with him. The online games are great too. I highly recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool for what it is, which isn't much, November 26, 2013
NeesyBeth (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is an okay toy. Nothing super special about it. My son still occasionally plays with it. He's 6 yrs old and has had it for a few years. The interface is a little difficult to navigate. Mostly the value is in the fact that it resembles the computer on the show and features pixilated versions of the characters. It's not as educational as LeapFrog products, but is okay for what we paid for it. The one odd thing about it is that it occasionally turns on by itself if something is stacked on top of it, due to the fact that the lid pushes down on the power button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Curve Brands Super Why - a good choice, November 11, 2013
I recently passed the Learning Curve Brands Super Why Super Duper Computer down from my 6 year old grandson to my 2 year old grandson. We enjoyed the games, the voice and sounds are loud enough, and it is durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, just wished it has a better screen., November 7, 2013
My son LOVES this toy. He has learned a lot with the different games. The only thing is that the screen is kind of dark. I wish it was made in a much better quality. The actual toy and games are so great that I wouldn't mind paying extra for better screen quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›