From the Back Cover
With over 60 real-life vignettes, numerous LD simulations, and extensive illustrations of student work, this revision puts a human face on learning disabilities. Rooted in the text's reputation for research, the revision presents hard research data in a conversational style.
With this text, future teachers learn how to match their interventions to each student's unique strength and weakness patterns in a way that is culturally affirming, takes advantage of instructional methods and technology that work, and promotes the skill set and social-emotional adjustment that will facilitate a student's transition to adult life.
New to This Edition
- Full chapter covering the History of the Field and another devoted to Definition, Identification, and Prevalence.
- Two separate chapters are now devoted to instructional strategies.
- Includes over 150 instructional strategies, metacognitive learning strategies, accommodations, and modifications that help the future teacher match teaching approaches to what children with learning disabilities are ready to learn and how they learn best.
- Coverage of timely and critical topics have been added in this edition.
- An extensive Instructor's Manual gives the instructor access to hundreds of suggestions for class discussions, activities, and demonstrations, as well as suggested assignments and projects and test questions.