Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Learning Radiology: Recognizing the Basics (With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access), 2e
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 6, 2015
This book saved me for my radiology class in PA school. Our MD professor, was a rehab guy, he knew his stuff, but the process of trying to relay it to the class wasn't so great. This book was recommended for our class. I loved it, it felt daunting in the beginning, this book dumbs it down!

Literally this book is a good introductory (very thin) book for radiology - for gross & even specific reads of images. I recommend it! the big textbooks might not be helpful! (this book along w/ Dale Dubin's EKG book = amazing - the only medical books I love)
on May 14, 2012
Both my roommate and I bought this book for our radiology rotation. He bought the book and I the kindle version. While the text is concise and hits the key points a med student should know, I wish the resolution of the pictures on the kindle edition were better. They appear better in the print version. Whenever you enlarge the fairly small images, they get very blocky. For a radiology book, I would hope the images had better resolution.

Hopefully amazon or the publisher can fix this resolution problem.
on February 2, 2014
As a graduating med student, I, like many others, don't feel like I got a comprehensive radiology introduction. Given that I'm going into surgery and didn't have time for a radiology elective, I bought this book.

As an introduction, this books is excellent. It is very clear, concise, well-organized. The images (obviously a key) are well chosen and very well labeled. They were representative of what the text talked about, so that it was easy to apply the concepts immediately. Finally, the breadth of the book is impressive. I'm going into general surgery, so I was focused predominantly on the chest/abdomen sections, but there was also quite a bit of orthopedics and some gyne. Neurology is included at the end, but very basic head CT's and occasional MRI.

For me, the greatest strength of the book is the chest radiograph. There are numerous chapters on it, focusing on the basics of image densities and then on the various subsets of disease (e.g. pneumonias, cardiac, etc) that can be evaluated. Truly an amazing job. While the abdominal plain film section was not nearly as comprehensive, I still found it very edifying and learned the basic approach and the major findings. In terms of chest/abdo ct, the book does not really give you an approach, but it does illuminate numerous key findings, as best as can be done in a physical book.

This brings me to the one weakness that I found: The internet accompaniment. I rarely use the studentconsult (or equivalent options) in my textbooks, but I thought that it would be particularly useful for radiology. I was hoping to have the option to scroll through some CTs/MRIs, have extra practice with plain films, maybe see some ultrasound videos, etc. However, what I found was essentially the exact same content as the book online. Perhaps I'm using it wrong, but the online portion added nothing to the experience, which is unfortunate in a subject such as this.

In any case, however, the book is excellent and good introduction/crash course for the soon-to-be interns out there.
on January 13, 2012
The pictures within the text are helpful when learning this material. Also the student quiz access that comes with the book is excellent at quizzing your recognition of pathologies. Great resource!
on January 5, 2013
I bought this book from a local bookstore after I found the book writer website [...]
In general it's a good basic ,easy to read and understand book for general doctors , students and first year radiology residents contains all basic information you need to interstate what you see. However, i find my self board with information repetition either in captions or tables and I feel it would be nice if they sticked only to bold font annotation for important informations and used the space for better images orientation

So it's good , fast ,easy to read basic radiology book with good images ,objectives ,tables ,captions and end of chapter summary .
With only 2 negative points which are : images orientation and repetition .

If you are looking for good book to start this is it
on March 10, 2014
Easy read, lots of pics, thorough yet concise. It's a book that I'm sure I'll refer to during residency as well