Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: N/AChange

on October 29, 2010
I have been frustrated by hypertechnical stopwatches for years. I bought this one recently to time speech competitions. Now I use to to time my food on the grill and my exercises. This thing is simple and great!
11 comment62 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2010
We bought two of these several months ago. Since then they have been hauled around a great deal by both mom and kids and I'm happy to report that they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. They are easy to use, easy to see, easy to carry, and durable.
0Comment42 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2010
We're very happy with this stopwatch. I have been wanting to get one for my 8-year-old son for some time. This one looked as if it was so simple that he would be able to use it straight out of the package (without any intervention from his parents) - and it was!
0Comment36 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2010
When I told my husband that I ordered this for our 11 year old daughter for Christmas, he said, "What is she going to do with that?" Well, it turns out she is going to have a ton of fun timing every thing she possibly can. She tells us all how long we take to eat, brush our teeth, do laundry, go to the bathroom..... You name it, she is timing it, and having a ball. It seems well made, and is very simple to use (Hence the name, I guess.). I'd recommend it as a good gift for a kid.
on July 3, 2011
I bought this after seeing 13 '5 star' reviews.

Unfortunately, this is a low fidelity, inaccurate device. The low price & bright colors should have warned me off, but it had...13 '5 star' reviews. Including one that claimed it was "not a toy".

What I mean by low fidelity is that a) the stop/start actions are loose & b) the clock frequently stops on the same exact time. For example, on my child's 40 yard dash, it might come up at '6.93 seconds' 3 out of 5 times. It does this consistently, which should not be possible, even if I tried. It's not like my kids are very athletic with finely honed times.

As above, it also has a "loose" sort of construction which makes me feel it is not durable for adult use in outdoor activities.

For kids use in play, I'm sure it's fine. But that's not how most of the reviews here read at this time.
33 comments48 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
*****
This is just a great stopwatch, and not just for kids. I bought it for myself because my old stopwatch died, and I was tired of paying so much for complicated stopwatches that I only used as A STOPWATCH and nothing else. Then they only last a couple of years, too.

I didn't want to store anything or have multiple timers or modes or alarms or tell the time with it. Just a stopwatch. If you are like this, then you've found the perfect stopwatch. It is sturdy, inexpensive, and very easy to operate. Simple is good--even great--in this case!
*****
on August 18, 2011
Bought this from a teacher store, opened it in my classroom and the start button works, but the stop and clear buttons are apparently just for decoration. Took the battery out to see if that would reset it, but it's still worthless. I just placed an order for a different brand/model.
33 comments20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2011
I needed a simple, no frills stopwatch for timing intervals, and for about 1 week, this stopwatch was my best friend. It worked great and I had no complaints. After one week it just stopped working / wouldn't turn on. Luckily it wasn't crazy expensive, but still, it was such a waste of money. I saw all the beaming reviews (which is why I bought the thing), so maybe I just got a lemon. Still... had to throw in my 2 cents.
on December 26, 2011
I like this stopwatch for running sprints and doing peak 8 type exercise. Really, it's perfect, except it does not seem to have an on/off switch. I do not think the batteries will last if it does not ever get turned off.
33 comments14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2011
Sturdy, large, easy to read, works well -- it's exactly what I need to time my walks, exercise routines, etc. Highly recommend this product. As others have said, it's really not a toy although it would be perfect for children to use, too. It's great.