4.0 out of 5 stars Little Skeleton Dude
For being such a small thing it is fairly detailed. It was fun to try and assemble him without instructions. I ordered him as a study aid (which I would recommend, esp. if space is a premium). The red and blue splotches on it were/are really useless though.
Published on July 21, 2008 by JSmith

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Bones in Wrong places
Published on February 22, 2011 by briaspen

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Skeleton Dude, July 21, 2008
JSmith (Littleton, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
On a side note; my Son became attached to him and named him Bob. He sits cross-legged in front of the t.v. with us. So, Bob ended up being a dual purpose item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but still pretty neat, February 4, 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
After reading other reviews I was interested in this because I wanted to practice the bones of the body for school and surgery... the skeleton is very cool and it is now on my desk but it is small and flimsy. It is fun to take apart and put back together but it falls apart very easily and the parts are very small. If purchasing for a child, not intended for younger kids obviously not only because of its complex nature but also because of small parts. Nice as a desk decoration but not as educational as I had hoped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anatomy Student/Mom, January 19, 2009
Medical Mom (OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I purchased this product as a study aide (chose this one due to space and budget limitations)...as the other reviewer noted it has amazing detail for being so small...suture lines and other details not expected. Great surprize. Also being the mother of 2 little ones ages 4 & 7 who are enthrolled with my anatomy books..they are excited to have a skeleton they can hold in their hands and "play" with which I do not have to worry about them tearing up. It has stood up well, and the ability to snap parts on and off helps when explaining things to them and studying for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Bones in Wrong places, February 22, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I am a Nursing student trying to stay cheap and study from my skeleton. However, when I got to studying the arm, the radius and ulna were switched which could not be put on the other arm and the humerous needed to be turned around because our arms do not bend backwards. Then when I started to study the legs, the fibula and tibia were switched and they were not able to be switched to the other leg. This skeleton is not anatomically correct and would only advise the purchase to somebody doing a basic study like this is the head bone, neck bones, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars My "Buddy", November 2, 2010
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I purchased this skeleton for my Anatomy & Physiology course and it's been a great helping tool. It's detailed enough so you can recognize all the major bones and marks. The joints are fully movable both for the humerus and femur. The head turns on the atlas and the skull cap comes off to reveal the cranial fossae. You can also clearly see the cranial sutures and structures like the styloid and mastoid processes. The vertebrae are anatomically correct showing all the processes and the correct number of each type. Even though the bones of the hands and feet are fused you can still recognize each one individually. All in all, this skeleton is a great model and I'm so glad I purchased it. I was on a budget and thankfully purchasing this one instead of a more expensive model payed off. I got an "A" on my practical thanks to this little guy. The only downside is that it tends to fall off from the stand if you move it hard enough but, I didn't mind since I was holding it most of the time while I studied for my tests. The upside is that this model is small enough to sit on my desk and it doesn't take up a lot of space. Plus, every time I look at my "buddy" I can review the bones again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for big kids!, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I got this for my boyfriend as he'd just taken an anatomy course and done very well. The set arrives disassembled so he dumped all the pieces on the ground and put the thing together without any directions or a picture. He was able to recognize all the bones, and also that they were "cheating" because the knee joint is only half a bone. I can't verify this, but he did get an A in anatomy, for what it's worth!

The pieces feel rubbery, not like flimsy plastic, but it does come apart easily. It seems made to be put together and pulled apart, so in that sense it's pretty educational. The muscle detail doesn't help, I hear, but doesn't detract from the skeleton's appearance. It doesn't look like cheap junk at all.

This is a quirky gift that will be appreciated by anyone who's taken or is about to take an anatomy course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy assembly, detailed, and stable!, September 18, 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I got this skeleton model for my college Anatomy & Physiology class. It's a very helpful tool for identifying the major bones and sutures of the skull. You can even take the skull cap off to reveal the cranial fossae: anterior, middle, and posterior. The spine includes all 24 articulating vertebrae that are named by their region: cervical, thoracic, and lumbar. Beyond that, this is just a nice desk accessory due to its small size (see customer images).

Contrary to other reviews, my skeleton is quite stable. I frequently move it around without the stand. I can hold it by the rib cage and shake it, turn it upside down, and place it in a sitting position without it falling apart. Just make sure that you have secured the pieces in properly because they shouldn't fall apart that easily.

Overall, I am very pleased with this model. It is very detailed, right down to the shapes and number of vertebrae. I recommend it for anyone taking an introductory class on the skeletal system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute dude; but dissappointed, September 10, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
The little dude was pretty neat, but it wasn't what I was looking for. It wasn't much detailed, and unfortunatly he fell apart waaaay too fast.

I shoudl have known by the price...

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool skeleton, very weak., January 5, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
I ordered this as part of a gift for a friend of mine, and put it together myself. While the model itself looks very cool and the instructions are easy to follow, it was nearly impossible to get some of the pieces in place and get other pieces to not fall apart. The stand in particular tended to fall apart when given the slightest nudge. Once it was all together and placed where it was going to stay, it looked very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, difficult to connect, and falls apart WAY too easily, May 24, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Skeleton Model (Toy)
This is unusable. It is virtually impossible to put the entire thing together because it keeps falling apart. Very cheap.

Learning Resources Skeleton Model