Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on July 2, 2008
I didn't buy this as a toy or an educational tool. I bought it to test the PH of home cleaning products to determine their suitability for cleaning different surfaces in my house (porous stone surfaces, etc. which can be easily damaged by acidic cleaners). Unfortunately it doesn't work well for that purpose. The colors on the chart are not distinct enough and there is one mauve/purple shade on the color chart where almost the same color is defined as both highly acidic and highly base. That was the color of the first product I tested - so it told me nothing. The second liquid I tested turned the paper a bright blue which wasn't remotely similar to any of the colors on the chart.

So it might be a fun toy for children to show them the basics of how different levels of acidity turn the paper different colors, but I did not find it useful for actual measurements.
on November 1, 2009
These strips are ok, but be aware that there are types different strips geared to test different fluids. For example, I would NOT recommend these strips if you want to know your body's PH (urine and saliva)for those I highly recommend pHydrion's pH tape. However, if you are testing chemicals, then these are ok.
on May 28, 2007
My daughter used this for her first grade science project. It worked okay, but she had trouble reading the differences in the colors quickly enough to record the result before they blurred to much to distinguish. Sharper color variation would be helpful.
on October 21, 2011
appears to be either expired (no labels on plain clear container) or just strips of construction paper. terrible , awful , worthless (completely) !
on April 13, 2011
This product does not work at all. Color of the strips would not change a bit, even tested it with vinegar.
on August 19, 2013
These are probably great for some things...soap making isn't one of them. I purchased these after a recommendation from another soaper. Wish I had saved my money. They do not give accurate readings on the ph of CP soap. You'd be better off doing a zap test.
on May 29, 2009
I am a school teacher and this product is working great for my classroom. My students test the PH of ingredients in food and household ingredients and get instant results. Thanks!
on March 26, 2012
I bought these for my son's science fair project and they did not work AT ALL. As in, no change, except the strips got darker because they were wet. Went and bought other pH strips, which worked just great. Such a disappointment. Waste of time and money.
on December 24, 2015
I didnt like it, gives the same color every time no matter who used it, plus I would go on a different diet for eating and drinking then try it after one or two days and nothing would change, I assumed it does not really work. better go for something a little more expensive but that works.
on January 2, 2016
My rating is on the convenience factor. I do not know about its accuracy, as I have no way to compare results. I have been using it for soap making and it seems to be working as it should.

As for convenience....I wish that the color chart was permanently affixed to the container. I had to tape it to the outside the bottle with shipping tape because unlike the photo, the bottle that I got was opaque and you could not see through it to put the chart inside.

Also, the whole kit is so small that even with my small hands, it feels fumbly. Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I have some difficulty with pulling out a strand (or a clump of strands) to test. The bottle is only 3/4" in diameter x 2 1/2" high.

The little slivers are thin and stuck together, so it takes some time and work to get them separated. I would prefer heavier strips and a better setup than this. I don't know why litmus paper is so costly....but I guess next time, I may spend more to get a better quality set that it is not so time consuming.