5.0 out of 5 stars Wins a Gold Star from Daughter
Published on November 22, 2005 by DonnaBenny

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute...but incomplete.
Okay, this is a very cute toy, overall seems well made, and my five-year-old daughter enjoys playing with it. I'm just baffled why it doesn't include a dry erase marker? There are two large dry erase areas as part of the school house activities AND it includes an eraser, but no an actual marker? Makes half the activities unplayable without an additional purchase. This...
Published 4 months ago by A. Nucera

5.0 out of 5 stars Wins a Gold Star from Daughter, November 22, 2005
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
My 8-year-old received this last year for Christmas, and yes, it was recommended for 4-5 year olds, but what do they know about really teaching school??? The set up is not a pre-school one, but an elementary school with report cards, attendance lists, etc. This is the one play item that my daughter and her friends always seek out when they come to my house. It is very well done. Would recommend for any child that likes to play school!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this, plays school everyday, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
I'm 32 and got this my 4 year old: I got detention again today, I spoke without raising my hand & got caught walking down the hall to go to the bathroom without a hall pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, December 3, 2006
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
My 9 year old daughter has had this toy for 2 years and she still plays with it on a regular basis. She and her friends play school with each other or even with their animals. They also sell a refill kit for when you run out of the stickers and paper. A really great value for kids who love to pretend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretend and Play School is a great item, March 23, 2006
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
My daughter received this for her 5th birthday. She likes to pretend she is a teacher. She didn't understand what the report cards, hall passes and grade sheets were for. However, a child a few years older would. She likes tracking the weather and circling the current day on the calendar and writing on the board. She loves the pointer, bell and stickers. It is a great toy for pretend play for a 4 or 5 year old. It doesn't seem that babyish, so I think a 6 or 7 year old (maybe even 8) would like to play with it. An older child would understand the maps, hall passes, grades and report cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great play school set, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old niece who loves playing school. On Christmas, it was the only gift she seemed really excited about! As other reviewers have said, it should include a dry erase marker for the white board, but that is my only complaint. The age range should also be marked for older kids. It is a very nice set!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GIFT, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
WHEN WE RECEIVED THE SET I WENT THROUGH IT AND WANTED TO PLAY WITH IT MYSELF. IT HAD EVRYTHING YOU NEED TO PLAY SCHOOL. IT HAS THE PENCILS, BELL, ERASER FOR THE DRY ERASE BOARD. I LOVE THE HALL PASS & REPORT CARD. THE POINTER IS WHAT MAKES THE KIDS FEEL LIKE A TEACHER. BEST GIFT EVER.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still being used a year later..., November 16, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
My daughter received this for Christmas in 2012 as a 5 year old. Going into Christmas a year later, I can only hope to find another gift that kept her attention half as well. She uses all the different parts to teach school. It folds up nicely for travel and takes up little space. But my favorite part is that it is still being used a year later.

5.0 out of 5 stars My niece loves this!, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday gift for my 7 year old niece who loves to play school. She absolutely loves this school set and plays with it multiple times every day. Definitely worth it!

A few things I did not like about this toy:

1) It did not come with any dry erase markers. I was aware of this when I made the purchase, so I went out and bought my own ahead of time. But if you didn't read the description of the product close enough to be made aware of this, it would be somewhat of a downer if you gifted this to a child since they wouldn't be able to play with the dry erase boards immediately.

2) The bell included is somewhat cheap. The handle isn't securely attached to the metal part of the bell, so it's very easy to bend the handle at where it is connected to the metal part of the bell.

3) The dry erase board or the eraser isn't that great. The board wouldn't wipe cleanly with the eraser after writing on the board. It left streaks in certain areas of the board. This isn't to say that the board is just a mess that can't be cleaned because I was able to clean it with alcohol, but it's not as smooth a writing experience as a full scale dry erase board.

These were just little things that I think the product could improve on. Despite these issues, I still think it's a great product! 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars a winner!, December 27, 2007
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
My 5 year old loves to play school. She has been asking for this set since last Christmas. She got her wish this year and hasn't stopped playing with it. She loves the school bell and the accessories. I like the bag that everything can get packed into. If your child likes to be the teacher, I would recommend this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grandma gift, December 12, 2013
Julie (Brandon, MS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set (Toy)
5 year old grandaughter loves it!! Did have to purchase erasable markers to go with it and I would suggest doing that before gifting it to the child.

Learning Resources Pretend & Play School Set