5.0 out of 5 stars So many uses!
This pie is adorable! It is a lot bigger than I expected, as is each of the fruit pieces. There are so many different uses for this pie that it is fun to see what my they come up with. There are tons of fruits (60 to be exact) that kids can match up and sort. There are two plastic tweezers included that are perfect for little kids hands. Once all done all the pieces...
Published on January 12, 2012 by Cherise Kachelmuss

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, but there was a missing part and the customer service was not that great
This is a really nice toy. I bought it after seeing it at my daughter's preschool. When I purchased it the discs to place in the pie were missing even though it was packaged in a new box with shrink wrap around it. When I contacted the company to ask for them to mail me the missing discs, they said I had to ship the whole thing back and exchange it. That's too much of a...
Published 15 months ago by Tica

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest Christmas hit, December 28, 2011
dcbooklover (washington, dc) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
My 4 year old really loves imaginative play with her kitchen set. She received this toy for Christmas this year and it has been her favorite gift. The toy provides lots of variation -- you can sort in different ways, play games or simply play with it as a pie to cook and serve. The tweezers that come with it have also been great -- easy for little hands to use and they allow her another way to play that also helps with manual dexterity. The quality of both the pie/cover and the fruit pieces is terrific. Very durable, colorful and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars LR Products rock!, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
We love our sons Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie! This pie is amazing and we would of paid more for it after seeing the amazing quality all the fruits are and the "package"/pie it comes in! Not only is it good for color recognition, it comes with 3 games AND tweezers to create an extra level of difficulty for those that already mastered picking up the pieces by hand. Every child should have this game in the early stages of home (Mom and Dad) education! :) It's not only fun for the child it's fun for the parents to help make learning fun for them. BUY THIS PRODUCT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good toy, June 6, 2013
Magaly "GDL" (Across the Universe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I ordered this toy not being very familiar with Learning Resources products and I can say I'm impressed in the quality.

The tongs are made of a very sturdy plastic and that's a plus because I was afraid of my kids breaking them or being very flimsy. The actual fruit which I also thought would be hollow plastic are not. They are solid, heavy and very realistic. Same with the container (pie), the cards are thick enough but these I do see getting ripped if you have kids who like to chew, bite or suck on things, they are glossy and the colors are real bright.

I am still trying to find more creative ways for my kids to play with it other than using the cards which at some point do get boring for them.

Fortunately, I paid $17 and some change when it was on sale here on Amazon, quite honestly even though the product is of very high quality I wouldn't have paid full price for it, as I said, it can be limited in the ways you play with it.

If you're very creative and can give it a better use other than the cards supplied buy it for your kids but if your kids are not into toys unless they have lights and whistles this may not be too entertaining for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fine motor skills--and fun!, February 11, 2012
A. Sharma (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
This is a great toy for helping a preschooler with fine-motor skills. You can also sort by color, shape, and number. The fruit pieces are good-sized and sturdy, as are the pie shell and tweezers. My preschooler really enjoys playing with it and the fruit also ends up being used in various "cooking" projects in the pretend kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I'm giving item 3 stars because my daughter enjoyed it for 3 days. We are donating it to preschool. I could have saved my money and came up with something very similar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough variation, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I do like this item for the most part, but I do have one complaint. The suggested sorting/pattern activities are almost pointless, because there are not enough items to play them with. Ex. Which item is different. Well, lets say I wanted to do by fruit type. The grapes/oranges/apples/bananas/plums only come it two colors. I was predicting each fruit would come in each of the four colors. I would expect more options for a sorting toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
I bought this item for my almost 2 year old and he loved it and started playing right away, sorting by colors (which is the easier for a kid his age). It is great for sorting/matching by color and shape, counting, and patterns. It comes with 3 piece pie, 60 rubber counters (fruits), 3 double-sided activity cards and 2 jumbo tweezers that are perfect for development of motors skills. I would recommend this product to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home or Classroom! Great learning game!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
Love this for sorting. Would be perfect for a child practicing colors or sorting shapes/color, counting … There are a number of fun activities you can do with the game.

This would also be a good manipulative for the classroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice if you can afford it, not essential for sorting experiences, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
This is a beautiful material most 3-4 year old children will find interesting and repeat using. Sorting objects is a classic early childhood educational activity with many benefits. For the cost of this material, however, you can create 5-6 of your own. Surround a central bowl holding mixed objects with identical small cups, one for each color or type of object, and let your child sort them. Many things work: beans, wooden beads, colored rubber bands and paper clips, coins, metal washers / nuts / bolts of varying sizes, etc. Add in tongs and tweezers for moving the objects for a small muscle exercise. Later, you can print out photos from the internet and let your child sort them by various characteristics: land / water / air; types of clothing; living / non-living; the possibilities are almost endless. You don't need expensive commercial materials to provide excellent early childhood learning experiences at home. You can read about these activities and many more in Help Your Preschooler Build a Better Brain: Early Learning Activities for 2-6 Year Old Children, or visit [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars yellow oranges - no, those are grapefruits!, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie (Toy)
The set is very nice and seems to be sturdy, but why yellow oranges? It has yellow oranges in the set and my child stumbles every time he gets to them. Otherwise, he really enjoys sorting the fruits. The tweezers are sometimes too tricky to use for him, though, but a good exercise nevertheless.

Edit: as L. A. REED pointed out in the comments, the yellow fruit is a grapefruit. Thanks! Now it makes sense>

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›