5.0 out of 5 stars I've read them all
Published on June 19, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Needs more information and instruction on the "how to" aspect, not just the results. The results sound great, but I'm still at a loss on how to get there.
Published 12 months ago by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read them all, June 19, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Learning Their Language: Intuitive Communication with Animals and Nature (Paperback)
Well, not quite. But I'm a veteran of many books on this subject, and several classes as well. Each teacher has a special knack, but Marta's book is the best I've read so far. She is very clear, and very present with the reader. Her excercises for practicing communication skills are practical and easy to understand, and to evaluate. I'm especially thrilled that she expands this skill to cover all of nature, a crucial part of finding your place in the universe. It's not just about talking to your pets.
I also appreciate the fact that Marta embraces students of all beliefs. Even skeptics are treated with respect in this book. (And, speaking to skeptics, the subject of animal communications is widely accepted and successfully used by many; no need to single out Marta if you don't like what she says.)
If I had to recommend one book to those interested in learning interspecies communication, this would definitely be the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Learning Tool, October 26, 2005
I just finished Learning Their Language, and am getting ready to re-read it, highlighter in hand. It is that good, if your goal is to gain expertise in animal communication. I began with Carol Gurney's book, The Language of Animals, which I felt was a good starter book. It sort of primes the reader for this book. Learning Their Language was extremely well written for use as a text book/learning tool (which is the reason I wanted it in the first place) using a good combination of Ms. Williams own experiences, the experiences of her students, and liberal "homework" assignments.

This book goes a step further than most, offering techniques for communication with plants, rocks, and mountain ranges (to name a few) but Ms. Williams herself invites you to skip over any sections that are out of your range of comfort or your belief system. At the very least, when reading the plant/nature/landscape sections, you will come away with a sense that God can't be too happy with modern man's stewardship of all that we were graciously given. And that, in my humble opinion, is a lesson we should ALL learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars An important message for humans, June 4, 2003
Cynthia Snowden (Placitas, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
Marta Williams has done work for me, so I am well aware of her abilities.
The book is a lucid explanation of how to use the intuitive power which, she says, is inherent in every living thing but which has been forgotten by humans as they have relied more and more heavily on the purely cerebral part of their brains' functions. The author gives step-by-step exercises to develop this capacity in the reader. She includes numerous fascinating case histories, every one of which demonstrates the importance of learning these skills. Many of the exercises have verifiable answers that are included at the end with the index, chapter notes, resource list, and suggestions for further reading.
The implications of developing and using this ability are far- reaching in these days during which we seem to be teetering on the brink of one ecological disaster after another. Not only can Ms Williams show you how to figure out why your horse is suddenly refusing his fly mask, she also makes it clear that the disregard humans have shown for all nature and especially for animals cannot go on forever -- and gives you something you can do about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book brings the Highest Love, Joy and Truth, December 4, 2004
This book warms the heart. I'm using its techniques to communicate with my pets and its very effective. For instance, instead of commanding my dogs to sit, stay or whatever, I now talk to them. During bath time, instead of tying them up, I now tell them that if they stand still and let me hose and shampoo them then I'll bring them a delicious dinner that evening (I describe it, eggs, milk etc, whatever they like) and you know what, they actually stand still and let me bathe them. (I make deals with my pets and they get it. it's so much more fun living with them)

last night this big brown butterfly got stuck in one of our rooms. I slowly went towards it, talking to it, telling it that I'll set it free and sending calm emotions to it etc. (techniques in the book) and the butterfly actually went on my fingers and stayed with me until I walked down the staircase and let it out the house.

anyway, this book has opened up a new view of our world. it shows the connectedness in all living things. It's even making me suspect that everything has consciousness. it opens the heart and mind and spirit.

The book has some repetitive parts that I skipped but you might like it. Also, I suggest watching the Pet Psychic which shows the techniques at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Their Language, June 3, 2003
Valerie Parks (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful book! As an animal communicator myself, I was very happy to see a new book on the subject that is actually user-friendly, and accessible to those who are either unfamiliar with the subject or who may be sceptical. It is clearly written, the stories are wonderful, and the excercises make it possible for anyone to learn to do this. I will use this book as the basis for my classes, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to expand their perception of the animals with whom we share this planet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, November 29, 2004
I love this book, and I deffinately reccomend it to everyone who is willing to try! I have many books on Animal Communication, and have read them all. They have all been great, but this book I have recently been re-reading a lot of it. I have been communicating with animals for the last 7 months, and these books have truly helped me on my way! This Thanks Giving weekend, 1 of my cousin's stayed the night. She has Never tried Animal Communication before. I got this book out, since it has a few animals you can practice on and let her have a go at it. She got very accurate results, and ended up doing 7 communications in one night! And that includes talking with 2 of my dogs which she did excellent on! Again, this is a wonderful book and I reccommend it to anyone who is willing to try. It is very possible. I have finally accomplished my dream.

5.0 out of 5 stars Share this with your children, April 27, 2003
G. Levens (Paonia, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Initially I bought this book because Marta has actually dramatically changed the behavior of our two cats on more than one occasion via remote "conversation" with them and correctly diagnosed illness saving us lots of money in vet bills. So I knew she has the goods! "Can she communicate these goods to humans?" was the question. The answer seems to be yes. Her writting is clear and interesting. Starting with lots of good animal stories and encouragement for the novice followed by easy to understand, step by step exercises to get you "tuning in." This could be the basis of many fun, life-changing hours spent with your kids helping them to retain or regain their appreciation of the natural world (while you get the same benefit). I'd love to see this as the textbook in a core class in elementary schools. It's one of those things that could help change the world for the better.
I'm sure its easier to learn this with direct personal instruction, but this is definitely the next best thing. I have read several other books on animal communication and use of intuition, and I put this one at the top of the list for readability and usefulness. Definitely a winner. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally enjoyed it...great book., May 30, 2003
jenka (Daly City CA) - See all my reviews
I totally loved this book, and would recommend it to anyone who wants to forge a better bond with an animal. I'd say it is especially geared to horses, but that may be my bias.
I am a skeptic, but this book modified the way I think about the whole animal communication process, and gave me some really important tools for doing it myself.
Also the stories are great; I'd recommend it just for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT book...a joy to read!, October 21, 2004
The book is fascinating and makes you think. You can hardly put it down. It is a book you can refer to time and time again. My husband doesn't enjoy reading and doesn't read books, but he has almost finished Marta's book...he laughs out loud at the funny and touching stories and many times I hear him saying "Wow, interesting..." I recommend this book to everyone that loves animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best I Have Read On This Subject, July 28, 2006
Marta Williams has done an excellent job of organizing, presenting and providing scientific back-up for her information, where appropriate. She is a teacher in the true sense of the word and patiently guides students through all the pitfalls of negative mind traps, suggesting methods to overcome initial fears of failure.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to all who are truly interested in animal communication and feel it will be a good investment for you.

Learning Their Language: Intuitive Communication with Animals and Nature