Get started fast with jQuery web programming
This code-rich tutorial is designed for every working web developer. After clearly explaining all the basics, Ralph Steyer shows how to apply jQuery to create effects, animations, slideshows, lists, drag-and-droppable elements, interactive forms, and much more.
• Select components to support dynamic processes
• Manipulate web page content and structure
• Apply and change formatting with CSS style sheets through jQuery
• Handle complex events more effectively and reliably
• Generate time-dependent and time-independent CSS effects
• Expand jQuery’s capabilities with plug-ins
• Use jQuery to create simpler, better, more powerful AJAX code
• Master powerful, flexible jQuery UI plug-ins for visual control and user interaction
• Simplify the creation of jQuery UI interfaces with ThemeRoller
• Master basic rules for successfully working with components and widgets
• Construct touch-enabled mobile front ends with jQuery Mobile
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates, downloads, and corrections as they become available.