1,110 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars One of two essential leather care products
I like leather products, and I like to take care of my stuff, so the right leather care product is critical. I've used a great many over the years and have settled on two as being clearly superior: Leather Honey and Bick 4 (Bick 4 Leather Conditioner, 16 oz). They are quite different from each other.

Leather Honey: Leather Honey has a unique effect, making...
Published on November 14, 2011 by Larry in Lafayette

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaves leather oily, and tacky. Not for cars.
In an attempt to keep my new leather dash from ever getting warped again, I looked into this product, given overwhelming number of positive reviews.

As the name implies, Leather Honey is a thick, translucent fluid that flows with a consistency not unlike corn syrup.

The instructions on the back reads:

Leather Honey revitalizes stiff,...
Published on April 8, 2012 by S. Dang

1.0 out of 5 stars Turns leather into WAX, June 23, 2011
This review is from: Leather Honey Leather Conditioner, the Best Leather Conditioner Since 1968, 8 Oz Bottle
I read all the 5 star reviews and decided to buy for my brand new leather couch. Applied the product with a sponge per the instructions and waited about 15 hours. It was not easy to apply to the leather because it is really thick like honey. After 15 hours, I wiped off the residue but noticed the couch was really sticky. I let it sit for 24 hours and wiped it down again. The couch was still sticky. About 3 days later, the leather felt like wax. It is sticky and not comfortable to sit on because the leather sticks to skin. I would not recommend this product for new furniture. I hope after a few more days the residue will go away but I don't think so.

The Honey Leather website says there are no complaints on this product. They need to look on Amazon more often. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed Water Damage, November 22, 2010
I had dropped my gym bag on top of my expensive leather jacket not realizing my water bottle had opened and completed emptied out onto my jacket. There were water stains and the leather was no longer super soft. I ordered Leather Honey after reading several reviews and decided to give it a try. Using a microfiber cloth I drizzled Leather Honey all over my damaged jacket and spread it out with the cloth. I let if sit for two hours and went back to see the results....it was like brand new! You could still see one tiny water spot damage but other than that it was as good as new! I was so relieved! Excellent product!

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely unacceptable product, July 2, 2011
ineffable59 (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
Applied to two chairs and ottoman and was not absorbed, leaving nasty, sticky film that did not disipate with time. A mess to clean up. Never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, February 24, 2011
I was taken in by all the positive reviews, but I'm disappointed. With its thick, viscous consistency, it is very difficult to apply. I first tried it on a pair of shoes and a leather belt. The result was a dull appearance. After a few weeks I used another product to bring back a more natural look. I also applied it to one of three leather jackets I own. Same result. I'll be redoing that too, and I'm glad I didn't use it on all three jackets. Too bad. I had such high hopes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved our Chair!, July 5, 2011
We lucked out and found an awesome $2,600 Restoration Hardware chair for $80 at a thrift store. The chair was generally worn and the leather was generally dry looking with lots of fine scratches, but no deep scratches. We had to leave it at my in-laws until they could drive it to our place with a trailer. In the meantime, their dog scratched the heck out of the seat (a small dog...they were not deep scratches). When we got the chair at our place, my toddler sprayed Goo-Gone down the side of it. I was pretty upset. I washed it out with mild soap, but it left a huge dry glaring patch. I discovered Leather Honey on Amazon, ordered some, and it resurrected our beautiful chair! I wished I'd taken before and after pictures. Now, I'm almost glad my daughter squirted the Goo-Gone on it, because it motivated me to discover Leather Honey. This is what it did:

> Made scratches disappear
> Enriched the dried out brown color to a more chocolate hue
> Moisturized all the subtle cracks
> Made dog scratches and other blemishes disappear (more superficial scratches, don't expect a deep gouge to ever be "moisturized" out)
> Hid/removed water spots
> Filled in dry "stain" caused by Goo-Gone so it's virtually invisible
> Made the leather more supple feeling

This is the nature of the product:
> Looks and feels like Karo syrup, clear and sticky
> Requires about about 8 oz to fully condition a large leather chair
> Takes at least an hour to apply a single coat of conditioner. It's kind of a workout. If you have weak wrists or tendonitis, do it in small sections or get someone else to help you. I think it took me about 2 hours of total time massaging the product into our chair. We have a lot of tufted folds that made it take so long, because it was tricky working the product into the creases
> Makes the leather look a lot darker right after application, but it lightens to its natural color after a day or two.
> Probably will require re-application every year or so to keep the leather looking its best. That is why I ordered the 32 oz bottle after I used our first 8 oz bottle
> Will not wash out from whatever rag you use to apply it. I used a microfiber towel and washed it in the washing machine twice, but it still is has a tacky feel and is stained from the leather honey. I'm just sayin' don't use your favorite towel or expect to use it for other purposes afterwards.
> Has no odor or unpleasant residue. We were able to sit in the chair after just a few hours.
> Is safe on your skin...possibly even good for it ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 14, 2012
I had high hopes for this overpriced bottle of glycerin after reading other reviews. I purchased it for use on saddles. First of all, it darkens leather. It does say the original color might return over time, but not how much time and under what conditions. It is the exact consistancy of glycerin. For older leather I prefer an oil treatment that readily soaks into the leather. I am sure this is great stuff for some uses - just not saddles. I am guessing you would get the exact same results w a high purity glycerin which is dirt cheap. This has to be the most expensive per ounce "leather treatment" mistake I have made to date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy With This Item, March 1, 2013
J. Shank (Nebraska City, NE) - See all my reviews
Left a sticky coating on the leather that won't come off, very difficult to work with, very disappointed with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy for my sofa..., April 5, 2012
DON'T buy before you read the 1-star ratings! I sure wish I had done that because this stuff goes on like' linseed oil. I tried a spot and it's horrible. After 24-hours it's still rather dark and it certainly didn't do anything to improve the appearance. I had much better results with using Harley-Davidson bottled leather lotion. It goes on and wipes off very easy and looks great! The downside is that it's rather expensive for the amount of product you receive.

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't do what I expected, left a mess, December 5, 2011
I bought this product because of all the glowing reviews; I have a large leather sectional that is about a year old, I wanted to buy a product that would protect this expensive purchase. To be fair, being only a year old there was no signs of wear or aging, I was getting this product to see if I could prevent that.

The instructions have you appling a small amount evenly using a paint brush or cloth, which didn't work well for me, the contents are similar to the consistency of honey and spread just like honey would making it difficult to get an even or light spread, it is especially difficult if you have soft backing as it isn't a smooth spreading product, you have to work it in. It took me about an hour to get the product on the front side of the leather sectional.

Next I waited a full day and expected to wipe off a little bit of excess as the directions indicated. Instead I had a huge undertaking, it seems all the product I spread on the couch was still there, little to none of it soaked in; I spent the next 2 hours wiping it all back off. Even after spending a lot of time wiping it off the couch still has a tacky thick oil like residue which will go away over time, I suppose as it soaks into your clothes as you sit on it.

This product may work good for a worn leather couch, but I strongly recommend against it as an option for maintaining a newer couch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great results, July 16, 2010
First, the ordering process was easy and shipment was very timely. Also, the help provided in the FAQ section of the company's website was very helpful to me on how to clean and attempt to remove stains on leather before using the Leather Honey product.

I purchased two very old leather chairs from the college I work for which had not been cleaned nor treated for years (and I mean years.) I cleaned the leather lightly with a damp rag of soapy water (used diluted dish soap). I then did the same process with the vinegar/water mix as recommened in the FAQ. Then treated the chairs with the leather honey and they came up very nice. They were a burgundy/red leather - very traditional style and "hard" leather. It took some "elbow grease" to apply and then wipe down after waiting for it to work. I let the product stay on the chairs for 24 hrs before wiping it off. I even used the product on a newer leather chair I had purchased (brown, soft/cushiony leather) a few years back and it worked beautifully. Overall I was very pleased with the product and have already been recommending it to others.

$34.95 $17.95