4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, Bad smell, Use Hand strap
The case fits the camera tight. Sometimes I fear the camera body might get scratched due to the friction. The case smells really bad, keep it in sun light for a few days spray some strong perfume and it will be ok ;)

Published on June 10, 2011 by ssk_karthik

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Leather!
Published on May 23, 2011 by Catty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Leather!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Leather Case for Panasonic Lumix LX5 Camera Brown (Electronics)
Yes, It's a nice case; fits well, well made and looks cool, but it is NOT leather. You will also find that the case fits so tightly that if you purchase the optional lens cover which automatically opens and closes, the case won't fit over it. I found this quite disappointing, to say the least. Unlike many other styles of cases, this case does not have any extra tiny pockets or room to keep an extra battery or extra storage media with you, so if you're expecting to be taking pictures all day when you're on vacation you may find that a bit inconvenient.

3.0 out of 5 stars Less than great, October 6, 2011
Probably a good case for $25 but be aware of 2 things.

1. The pictures give the case a nice distressed look one might expect on a slightly used real leather case. (This case is pleather). I knew it was not real leather but did not realize it would have the completely uniform brown color you see in the 3d product image. I don't imagine it will age well like real leather but maybe a little roughing up with 3M pad or some such will improve the look initially.

2. The case is very tight fit. I am hoping it will stretch out with some use but the first couple of times I have put the camera in the case it has been a very tight fit and I am somewhat afraid of damaging the camera. I have to stretch the sides of the case to slip the camera in. You need to remove the camera completely from the case to use it (it is not an ever-ready case) and so with each insertion and removal it is possible that buttons get pushed or the camera gets damaged.

On the good side. Seems high quality for the price, stitching is attractive and camera is well padded in the case.

I may or may not use this regularly with the camera.

Follow-up after couple of weeks of use.

1. Rubbing it with 3M scotch brite pad did give it the "distressed" look I wanted without breaking through the pleather. Not saying anyone else should do it. YMMV but it worked for me.
2. Case loosened up with use and no longer seems tight. It does give the camera protection but when you want to be ready for a picture you will want the camera out of the case. It is not an "ever-ready" type case.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly what I was expecting, October 12, 2011
Robert Stoll (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
There's very little I like about this case. The "leather" isn't leather from what I can gather, the color is an ugly light brown and it smells terrible inside the case. While I want to protect my camera I ended up just leaving this case behind and taking the camera naked instead. The positive reviews on here are kind of confusing, quite frankly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, Bad smell, Use Hand strap, June 10, 2011

If you fit the Shoulder strap on the camera then it becomes difficult to keep it in the case. I instead use the hand strap supplied with case and fit it on the grip side of the camera. So even when the camera inserted inside the case, the hand strap hangs completely outside and is easy to use...

-karthik

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking case, but not really that practical, July 7, 2011
I was expecting a case where you just flip open the front cover and you can go about shooting. When it arrived, then did I realised that the camera has to be manually inserted into the leather case. There's also straps for both the case(which is actually a holster) and the camera. The hand strap for the camera is not really that practical since it pops out from the holster and make it seemed ugly. Not attaching the hand strap is not an option either since it makes handling the LX5 a little risky. Not really that practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish case for the price., February 11, 2011
The camera case was packaged in a plain plastic sleeve, nothing else. I'm giving it five stars because it is a rigid case so it provides protection, it is also very retro stylish. It's not a Lumix brand case, nor is it leather. When you're spending $20+ bucks why would anyone expect leather? Probably a knock off but it does the job just fine and a real lumix case would run $100+. So when I'm ready to spend that, I'll shop for the real stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really fit and the leather smell is so strong I couldn't stand it, September 13, 2011
1. Fit - does not really fit my LX5 well, it can be fitted in but not properly fitted.

2. Smell - the leather smells so much that I couldn't use it for months before the smell was gone.

I'd give 1 star for the uncomfortableness of it for the above two reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars antique styling, good protections, includes hand strap, January 26, 2011
first of all this case screams retro/antique.. it is very well made and the stitching is all straight and uniform.. it is padded inside, hard outside.. comes with a hand strap for the camera, and a shoulder strap for the case itself.. i am very pleased, even though it was pricey -- i feel it was worth the cost.. very nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what is described., September 8, 2012
I thought I would add my 2 cents on this item. I got this case today and I can vouch for a couple of the things already stated. 1. The case is not 100% leather. It is Bicast leather and quick Google search informed me of the difference between the two. This is not a deal breaker personally, but I feel that it should be stated in the description. 2. It does in fact smell. This appears to be a by-product of the Bicast finishing process. 3. The case is tight. I found that I had to force the flap closed by pushing it slightly to the side. In other words when you close the flap, the button to secure it is no longer centered. This would be a fine case if it were priced about 10 bucks less. I decided to return it because for a few dollars more you can find a case that is an ever-ready type and fits better (although probably not leather). I did NOT do my home work by reading the reviews and wish I had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pleather Case, May 18, 2011
I've been using the pleather case for several weeks now and really like it. It's classic looks receives comments. The fit to the LX5 is very tight. I use the neckstrap on the camera..clumsy... and the camera plus neckstrap will not fit. My solution was to just run the neckstrap out the top-side of the case and it works as well as if it were attached to the case. It's a nice, tight case but there is no room for even another SD card. Bare bones, but glad I got it.

Rate and Discover Movies