5.0 out of 5 stars An accidental gem!
I recently ordered the Leatherman Wave for my toolkit and received this little beauty for free as part of a promotion. I had never seen this item and certainly would not have purchased on its own. For that matter, upon receiving it I simply tossed it in my desk thinking it was along the lines of those little marketing pocket knives that companies give out at...
Published on September 13, 2005 by D. Gutterud

3.0 out of 5 stars Micra vs Squirt
I used both the Micra and the Squirt. Right now I have the Squirt attached to my keys for about 3 years and it is still going strong. I have the "S4" version with the scissors instead of pliers. When I saw that someone said the Micra was a better value, I had to come to the defense of the Squirt. Take it from someone who knows, the Squirt far surpasses the value of the...
Published on November 8, 2006 by T. Hurst

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, don't leave home without it!, April 11, 2007
This review is from: Leatherman 64010103K Micra Multitool (Tools & Home Improvement)
I needed the scissors. Could never find a pair at work when I needed them and was always whipping out my big knife to try and cut things with. I've got the big multitool too by Gerber, the switch pliers, which I absolutely love and use it alot as well. But this little guy fits. It fits my pants, it fits for cutting, slicing, and cleaning my fingernails. And the tweezers have been incredibly handy. The knife blade; I chuckled when I first saw how small it is, but the joke was on me, this little blade is sharp and so far has stood up to boxes at work better than my pocketblade, which I've begun to carry less often not needing the extra weight in my pocket. I agree with some other reviewers in that it would be nice if the tools opened out from the side while closed, but it's well worth the inconvience using this little guy. The price is right, and the tool if you get it, you'll wonder how you ever managed to live without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the little things..., November 25, 2008
I've owned this little tool for three years. (Almost lost it to TSA in a near miss at an airport.) It's been through the ringer with off-road wheeling repairs, household remodels, International travel and raising two children.

Of all my favorite uses, cutting long straws down for my little one at restaurants has made it priceless. Little ones sit shorter at tables and have a hard time not tipping their drinks over trying to put a straw in their mouth. Trim off a few inches with the Micra and ta-da! No more spills, poked eyes or nostrils.

But I digress... Because of it's size, it fits in little purse pockets such as credit card slots. It's easy to put in your pant's pockets when hiking or just out walking. The simple tools it comes with cover just about everything you might come across in daily life, unless you need a set of pliers.

At the current Amazon half price sale during Black Friday 2008, I'm buying several for family and our vehicles. (Just toss it in the glove box.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Multi-Tool I've Ever Owned, November 25, 2006
M. Sommer (Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
For years, I used to carry around the "Swiss Army Classic SD" pocket knife, and was constantly frustrated by how useless it was-- the scissors were a joke (they were hard to use, and quickly became gummed), the knife was tiny, the tweezers and toothpick were often misplaced. So when it was confiscated by airport security, I went looking for a better alternative. Enter the Micra.

First off, Amazon's price is a bit high... I've seen these ranging from $10-15 at local stores. Be that as it may, the Micra is a great tool to keep in your pocket-- small, compact, and highly useful. The scissors are bigger and much easier to use, the screwdriver has saved me a few times (although to be fair, there is very little leverage to be gained from such a tiny driver).

My only major knock is that the tools open from the INSIDE of the micra, which can be a hassle. Other than that, it's a great tool to have in your pocket for emergencies.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used it nearly every day for close to 10 years!, July 5, 2013
Mike T "MBT" (Cincinnati, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these as a Christmas gift for my sister to keep on her key chain. After she opened it and I got to take a closer look, I decided I'd grab one for myself too, thinking that I could stash it in my tackle box. That was almost 10 years ago, and I've had this knife in my pocket nearly every day since. I once forgot to leave it behind while I checked in at the airport and had to give it up to security. I ordered a replacement from Amazon before I even got on my plane. I couldn't believe how many times I grabbed for it while I was on my trip without it.

The scissors are the best pocketknife scissors I've ever used. They're a little tough to sharpen due to the small size, but they easily cut through paper, wire zip ties, small gauge wire, and just about everything else I've tried to cut with them.

The knife blade hold an edge well. When you sharpen it, you have to sharpen from only one side because the edge is put on it a bit differently than most knifes, but it's actually a bit easier to sharpen that way.

I LOVE the screwdriver for Phillips head screws. The flat style Phillips is different, but it works very well. I've used it numerous times when the small form factor of the knife actually made it easier to use this than a regular Phillips screwdriver.

The micro flat screwdriver that's on the bottle opener is also something that I use quite frequently. It is tiny and sharp enough to be really handy when doing detail work, scraping off labels, prying small items, etc.

I just can't say enough good things about this Leatherman tool. If there's ever any indication that they're going to stop making these things, I think I'd have to order a dozen of them to make sure I can always have one on hand if I brake or lose the one I'm carrying.

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel lost without it!, July 5, 2010
I purchased the Micra for a birthday present for myself after having eyeballed it for awhile! SO glad I did. I always have this tool close at hand, and use it multiple times a day. I am a lady, so I like something small, unobtrusive, that I can carry in my pocketbook or pocket without it being bulky. (I work in a grocery store. I use it for cutting out coupons, opening boxes, filing my nails, and in general for light duty things.) I first received a gerber clutch, and this tool is far superior to the gerber.
Pros:
Compact size, VERY lightweight
scissors work great
Knife blade extremely sharp
File useable
Key ring attachment keeps it at hand
Folds up small, nothing to snag delicate fabrics or be bulky

Cons: have to unfold the whole thing to get at the Knife blade. If you try to use it, there is danger of cutting oneself. BUT the blade is really sharp and strong for as small as this is.
Tweezers not really useable because they are part of the whole chassis, BUT they also never get lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multitool, March 22, 2007
I use the Leatherman Micra almost everyday. It's something that I just got to have. I lost mine which I had for 5 years and went a couple of weeks without one, and it was pretty frustrating. The quality of the product is great. For 5 years, it never got loose or felt any wear and tear. I've had cheap imitations, but broke in a couple of uses. I recommend this to anyone, I promise you won't be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's going on with Leatherman's these days?, October 6, 2006
I am quite dissatisfied with the quality of the new Leatherman tools. I purchased two Leatherman Squirt S4's and the Leatherman Micra from Amazon recently and was surprised to see that all of them arrived scratched up(like it was used before). Some scratches were wide and deep enough to cause cuts on your hands when you use the tool. I purchased the Leatherman Charge XTi from another vendor, which was also not of high quality that Leatherman was once known for. I have owned the original Leatherman Wave since it first came out and have had no problems with it. It seems like the newer models are being mass produced without some type of quality control. Or maybe someone is repackaging used Leatherman tools and selling them as new...

I will not be buying anymore Leatherman tools until they start making high quality multitools as they were once known for.

If you want to buy one of these, either for yourself or as a gift, I would suggest you go to a store and look at it before you buy. Make sure there are no scratches or smeared letterings or any other problems...The ones I recieved were definitely not good enough to give as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Tool!, November 6, 2011
The Leatherman Micra is such a handy tool. My husband uses it for work and fixing things around the house. My two daughters had to have one. We always return to buy a Micra after we lose or misplace them. Scissors, knife, and screwdriver are the post used. Made in the USA too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should own one of these, July 15, 2011
Normally, scissors on pocket knifes are utterly useless so I didn't really have high expectations.

I more or less bought this on a whim. I didn't really need it, but just like my first pocket knife I figured I'd find a million uses for it if I had it with me. Boy was I right.

It's super tiny. If you're interested, you already know it's small, but it's much smaller than I thought...which is why it's so great.

It's actually small enough for me to consider putting on a key chain, and I absolutely hate having a ton of keys with a ton of crap.

Luckily for me, I've found it fits perfectly in the 5th pocket on my jeans - some call it a watch pocket, others say quarter pocket. I call it a lighter pocket because that's where I keep my Bic. I don't even notice the Micra in there...until I find something to snip. Which reminds me, I need to put some sort of lanyard on the little hoop to make getting it out a little easier.

The tweezers aren't super great (ARE TOO! see update below) but can't fall out like the old Swiss Army knives, and the other accessories are nothing to write home about (although the blade is fantastic) but great to have.

I've used the scissors numerous times since I got it a few weeks ago and wish I'd gotten one sooner. Loose threads, wire, clothing tags, have never been better handled and blister packs are a breeze to open with these. And after all that, they're still sharp as hell - once you've gotten them started cutting paper, you can do the thing where you just hold them half way open and slide them through. Amazing!

This would be a great gift for ladies - if you've got one in your life with a ton of crap on her keys, she might as well have something useful on them.

If you're a guy who'd ever put something besides keys on his key ring, this should be it.

If you have pockets in your attire, you should own this.

The only issue I had was the scissors stuck together when I'd squeeze them. A litte WD-40 from my WD-40 No Mess Pen to remove the gunk and they're good to go.

UPDATE: I had the opportunity to use the tweezers in the most stereotypical example of why you'd want them on a pocket knife: a splinter. I didn't expect them to do much at all, but I was successful in removing the splinter and putting a big smile on a little kid's face. Again, I've found that once I've had this on me, I've found a hundred uses for it. Also, I find myself wanting a paper clip from time to time, (to take my SIM card out of my phone, poke a reset button, etc.) so I added one in place of the little split ring it comes with. It doubles as a lanyard to help me get it out of pocket a faster/easier ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it a lot more than I thought, October 25, 2010
I put this on my key-chain and ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. The scissors are very convenient and useful, and so are the Phillips and flat drivers... just remember to remove it from your keychain when going through airport security! The quality is excellent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›