5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly smaller multitool
Published on July 11, 2007 by AJM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Flawed
Published on May 14, 2012 by JayPhile

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly smaller multitool, July 11, 2007
This review is from: Leatherman 78108003K Juice XE6 Pocket Multi-Tool, Storm Gray (Tools & Home Improvement)
When I was looking for a multitool, after I determined which features I wanted, my choices were narrowed down to the Juice XE6 and the Wave. They are very similar in features. A couple of things the Juice doesn't have that the Wave does, locking blades and interchangeable bit drivers. I decided to go with the Juice for a couple of reasons. First, it is smaller. Second, I usually wear shorts without a belt when its hot and I wanted to be able to put the tool in a sheath and hook it onto my waistband. The sheath for the wave has a belt loop, more reliable but of little use without a belt. So far, I've had it a couple of months, I am happy with my purchase and would recommend this tool to anyone looking for a multitool but who would like one a little smaller than the full size Leatherman tools.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller, has all the tools and works great, September 19, 2008
Lorraine N. Weber (Austin,TX and El Paso, TX) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband serving in Iraq. He had a Leatherman before this, not the same one but was sold on the Leatherman product. This is a great little pocket tool with multiple uses. Actually more than most other models out there. The size is perfect. Not too big and not to little. Love the color as well. As far as pricing, this is the best site to go to for this product. I originally bought the same one in purple at REI. I paid $103 at that store. Just doing some price checks online, I found this one $40 less expensive and a more fitting color for my husband. He loves and it and I feel great about my purchase choice on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Flawed, May 14, 2012
The main selling point for me on the XE6 as opposed to the Wave or a similar product was the inclusion of a corkscrew and bottle opener. The blades and pliers and the like were fine but the corkscrew was very flimsy, like flimsy enough that I felt as if I was pulling out the cork with my bare hands. The supposed lever, which doubles as a bottle opener, is poorly constructed and does not perform its task very well.

Additionally, I would look for a tool that has locking blades. On a number of instances, the blade snapped back at me and almost gave me a nasty cut.

The perfect multitool in my eyes would be one which has spring loaded pliers, locking blades, a corkscrew and a solid bottle opener. I have not found it yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected from Leatherman, August 9, 2011
Had this for about a year now - got it to replace an aging Victorinox. The blades are fine, scissors are good, pliers and screwdrivers fine. Where it falls down is the corkscrew and can opener functions are nearly unusable. The corkscrew has a lever arm that folds out with it to aid in pulling the cork but it is so flimsy as to be nearly useless. The can opener is just poorly designed - can't get a clean cut even after sharpening it. the Victorinox can opener worked like a dream compared to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Reviews for the XE6, May 23, 2011
Raikoh-Oni (Northern VA, Usa) - See all my reviews
This tool has been dubbed by some as the pocket Surge because of all the tools and features it has, the Juice S2 (which a stripped down version of the XE6) is Youtube's Nutnfancy's all time favorite MT. This review is more about what I've learned from other reviews than what I've learned from using it myself because while I am handier than the other guy I am not a professional handyman which is someone who could build good personal experience with a MT in a week. Essientially the tool works well its only limitation is its size which is no biggie for the average MT user. The blades lock in place very well but they are not lock back i.e. they do not require a release but rather a stern concious effort you typically won't slap it down by accident. The flat head screwdrivers are very sharp which is great for tool because I've personally have had screwdrivers that have slipped because they were too round from overuse, that said I have cut my fingers up on them and from some of the other reviews that is the general consensus is that several other people have had the same results. I have found a solution to this problem which is to use the side of your thumbnail to open them out. Though I haven't personally used the can opener but it looks like it could have been sharper but the front end slope looks like it would hook in the can better. The scissors are one of the greatest features of the Juice series because they are large, in charge, and ready to cut, while they are not full size scissors they feel like one when you need 'em a good pair of MT scissors are not essiential they make cutting bags, tapes, and bandages a lot easier. Overall I would say has no severe flaw granted that you didn't recieve a damaged one just some slight limitations given its a pocket size MT but MT's as a whole are all about compromise because I for one am not carrying a toolbox around or a larger MT that feels like one everywhere I go. The XE6 practically makes utility knives obselete if you need a Pocket size MT you can't get more for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can opener and corkscrew w/ assist both work!, September 7, 2012
To any potential buyer wary of buying this tool due to the fact that many reviewers (on Amazon or throughout the interwebs) state that the can opener and corkscrew with assist don't work, please be rest assured that THEY DO WORK! I used them and they simply just work. Why would a reputable company like Leatherman invest capital in R&D on a multi-tool with any tool that would fail? Why would they bring it to market? Just doesn't make sense. Also, the awl: many different types folks! Not all awls are meant to drill! Many, in-fact are meant to sew and mend. This awl does just that! Respect the limitations of any multi-tool and use them with those limitations in mind. I have a Charge TTI in my Jeep at all times, found it rather bulky for EDC, and therefore bought the Juice XE6. Can hardly tell it's there. Carry it in the sheath hanging from your visor, pocket, or on your belt. Carry it w/o a sheath in your pocket, glove box, or sock for all I care. But please do carry it nonetheless. GET THIS TOOL!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Multi Tool, March 9, 2012
I am not a huge fan of the "multitool" they tend to be rather large and are typically carried on the belt which I hate. This little guy is excellent. Small enough to carry in your pocket with out much attention yet heavy duty enough for serious projects. Leatherman did almost everything right on this one. If they could lighten it up a little and add a spring action for the pliers it would be 100% perfect. I'm amazed at the number of tools they were able to fit on it. 2 thumbs up! The only problem I had was when I tried to clip a zip tie with the cutters on the pliers it got stuck and took a bit of effert to get them apart.

Update: Found another problem the flat head screw driver bits are very hard to deploy. I busted a piece of my nail off and got a nice slice down the middle of my knuckle on my thumb trying to get them out. I don't think I should need a tool to deploy my tools on my multitool. I still really like it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not include a sheath., April 6, 2010
J. Laney (Parkersburg, WV) - See all my reviews
I have no complaints about the Juice XE6 itself - it's the best multi-tool on the market.

Some of these reviews will tell you that this item includes the sheath. Mine did not. Whether yours will have a sheath or not will depend on the packaging. Ones that come in the box have the sheath; ones that come in the plastic package do not. There's no way to know which you'll get when placing your order.

Do yourselves a favor - don't gamble on whether you'll get the sheath or not. I ended up having to order one afterward. Just cough up the extra $5 and get a sheath - if your XE6 comes in a box, then you'll have an extra sheath to spare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leatherman is quality, June 10, 2007
The Leatherman Juice XE6 is a great tool. Its slightly larger than I anticipated but is still small enough to carry around easily. The blades are razor sharp as I have found in other Leatherman tools I've owned and the pliers come in very handy for small jobs. This sure beats carrying around even a small toolbox for pliers, screwdrivers and the like. The one thing I do miss is having a nail file to clean out from under my nails after a grimy job, but I can always use the awl for that. Overall, this is a great tool to have on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my 2nd one; what does that tell you?, August 17, 2009
C. L. RETTERER "Iaccocca" (Beautiful Washington State) - See all my reviews
I left my Juice XE6 on my spare tire on my Jeep after using it to cut open a bag of ice at the start of my last wheeling trip. I was shocked how many times that weekend I had to return to my tool box to grab a tool that I normally would have just folded out of the Leatherman. And, that is not to mention how many times I had to hunt down a bottle opener back at camp when it was time to open good beer. I like that the knife blades open out of the handle without having to open the pliers. Although, I'd like to see locking blades. It has two knife blades, one serrated and one straight, that I reserve for food use. I chose this tool over over Leathermans, because it had a file, scissors, a cork screw (for decorking wine bottles), and a good, convenient bottle opener in addition to the tools usually found in a Leatherman.
This is at least my 5th Leatherman. The 1st of these Juice XE6s I owned was a replacement for my Leatherman Flair that I left laying on my Jeep at a gas station (see a trend here?) Because of the wide range of tools packed into this tool it is a bit on the heavy side for a tool of this type, but I wear it everyday using the leather holster purchased separately and do not mind its bulk. If I lose this one I'll be overnighting another one (lets hope I don't have to.)