Leatherman 930366 Sheath
Price:$15.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on September 26, 2012
I bought this for my Leatherman Wave, which i know this wasn't designed for but it works great. This is the MOLLE sheath to get if you want something strong, sturdy, and especially if you want something with more room and/or to use with MOLLE attachments. You will read reviews that the smaller MOLLE reviews seems to be bad quality, but this is not the case with this sheath.

To specs: it has a full velcro faced cover, a large grommet for drainage, and at the back 5 web strips on the back (no gaps between) and one snap fastener vertical piece of webbing. This webbing allows you to either attach to a belt or to MOLLE gear, depending on how you weave things. Finishing off the outside, the material seems tough and solid and i really like the tan colour, matching perfectly my other tan MOLLE gear.

Inside, it has elastic on both sides, which are made of two pieces each - forming a little pocket on each side for a pen, penlight, something else thin. The main compartment is plenty big enough height wise and roomy depth and length wise, but also grippy enough that the wave is not at risk of easily slipping out (if the sides are stuffed, or the front is stuffed. The front? Well it has one obvious thin pouch for something flat, and actually a second one immediately in front of it - all between the velcro and the internal piece of canvas.

I wanted to use these two thin internal pockets for putting both parts of the bit attachments that you can get with Leathermans. However, there is really only room for one here - two can fit, but it is so tight they both become too hard to get out to be practical. So that was a bit of a let down. There is a solution though - put the second bit set at the back of the main internal pocket, with the smooth surface facing inwards, to smoothly run against the Leatherman itself. It is obviously not quite as secure as the bit set in the pocket, but if you leave it in a vertical position it seems not to move much, if at all. Though there is obviously some risk of losing it if it goes upside down etc.

I have yet to perfect exactly what I add in the side pockets to make this my ultimate portable tool set (attached permanently to a shoulder strap of my Rush 72), but it is working great. And it is actually much cheaper than other options - there are some great MOLLE leatherman organisers out there but the few I have seen, though better than this one, are $30 at least.
on August 8, 2013
Like I said in my review of the Leatherman Charge TII, this is the Case to buy for it. It holds everything you need. I just received it yesterday and spent at least 2 hours setting it up. I was playing with it, trying out different ways to set up. This thing is extremely well built. It should last for years.

I have my Case or Sheath (has at least 7+ pockets to put items) loaded. Read below to see how I did it:

Front of Case with Velcro flap open:
My Leatherman is loaded in the main holder of the case upside down (the Leatherman is open). This is the way I prefer as it makes it easier to remove the knife. You don’t have to do this. It is your option. In front of the knife I have inserted in the outside pocket my favorite Bit Set. I resorted all the Bits that I thought I would use most of the time. I call it Bit Set #1. Bit Set # 2 is my least used Bits.

Left Side of Case:
The expanded Mesh holds an old De-Walt Extender, which connects with the Leatherman Extender (Via a Bit) giving me an additional 3“ of extension. This area might instead hold a small one – two cell “AAA” battery flashlight.

Right Side of Case:
The expanded Mesh holds a regular Leatherman Bit Extender and my Quick Belt Accessory. This Belt accessory is useful and installs quickly when I just need to carry my knife only and not all the tools.

Back Side of Case:
Open the back belt snap (which is a little difficult to do) and there is another pocket on the main part of the sheath that holds my Bit Set #2. On the outside of the belt loop strap itself, there is another pocket, which holds a pair of small Tweezers, I found in my workshop.

Everyone needs to know that all this is heavy (1 lb. 2oz.). However, I live on a small farm and I constantly need pliers, screwdrivers etc. It is nice to know that I nearly have my whole workshop on my belt. If I go out shopping or somewhere else, I usually do not carry the case and Bits. I will attach the quick belt accessory and just carry the knife. I only wish that I could show you pictures to make all this clearer to understand.

BTW, I magnetized all the bits to enable picking up a small screws or whatever. I just wish I could attach a small Battery Tester. Have fun.
on September 13, 2011
I got this sheath for my Leatherman Surge. The Surge is one of the larger Leatherman tools, so I was a little apprehensive about it fitting in the sheath. However, it is definitely on the small size for the sheath! It fits great, and there is extra room for the extra file attachment that comes with the Surge. I have even experimented with adding the extra bit kit in the sheath as well, and have found that it's doable, but very cramped. You could do it if you really needed to, though.

The MOLLE attachment is safe and secure, and once it's on your vest or pack, the sheath isn't going anywhere. The large velcro flap is secure is well; your tool won't accidently fall out. The only negative I've found is the noise of the velcro. It's pretty noisy, so I would think that would be a negative for someone like soldiers on the battlefield and maybe even hunters.

But you have to take the good with the bad, and if you want a good sheath for your MOLLE rig, this would be the one to get!
on December 9, 2011
The Leatherman 930366 Molle Sheath Brown for the Leatherman MUT is a well made utilitarian item.
I purchased my sheath for use with the large Leatherman Surge Multitool.
The sheath is large enough to easily accomodate the Surge, and the included small file accessory case.
However, to carry my other acessories--the extra bits and extension driver--you must really squeeze them in.
I finally just put these other items in another small nylon case and added them to my belt.
It would be nice if this Sheath was slightly larger to accomodate all the extras.
However, it does carry the Surge and one other acessory perfectly.
The ability to secure the Sheath in a horizontal or verticle fashion is a real plus.
This is a sturdy item, worth having a few!
on September 7, 2012
I purchased this, and the slightly smaller sheath for the Wave and smaller multi-tools (931005), for my Glock 19 mags, this is a bit larger and it a touch tall for the compact mags, though it may hold the Glock 17 mags perfectly. The MOLLE holds the sheath securely to other MOLLE gear or even a belt of different widths. The one for the Wave tool is perfect for Glock 19 mags? I am not sure. But the MUT version seems to be made of heavier fabric. But both are stellar products!
on December 29, 2013
Leatherman sheath i ordered from seller "sharp gear" came in a leatherman brand packaging(was opened in the shipping box) but the sheath in packaging was a made in china knockoff. Has a made in china tag. serial number on sheath did not match the one that is on the amazon page or the number on the packaging! This was very DISSAPOINTING! It may be just the seller "sharp gear", i do not recommend them at all. Not worth returning im just gona take the 12$ hit. Hope this helps future buyers.
on April 14, 2013
Got this sheath about 6 weeks ago for my Leatherman Surge, and have worn and used it often. The velcro is pretty aggressive (a good thing), and it holds my extra file that came with my Leatherman as well as one of the 2 bit set sleeves. I could stuff the 2nd bit set sleeve into the main pouch with my multitool, but then it would be too tight a fit in my opinion, and make it a little tight getting my Surge out of the sheath. I really like the Molle functionality on the back, so you can attach it to your Molle compatible pack, or adjust it just how you like it on your belt. Overall, Much, much, much better than the original sheath that came with the surge, which I liked for about 5 minutes until its failings became painfully obvious.

I was considering getting the Maxpedition single pouch, but as this was a less expensive, and had small pouches in it to allow extra storage for my Leatherman stuff, I chose this one, although I'm sure the Maxpedition quality is excellent. I have not used the elastic loop on the side of the sheath yet, as I don't currently have a flashlight that will fit, and I don't feel comfortable putting Leatherman bit extender in it, as I think it would work its way loose and fall out over time.

UPDATE:

Since purchase date, I wore my Surge pretty regularly on my belt for about the first 3-4 months, then it found its way into my car bag, still housing the Surge within it as well as the bit extender, extra saw blade, and ½ of the bit kit. So it saw very regular use for 3-4 months, then not very regular use for the next 8 months. I must say I am overall disappointed. There is only one problem I have with this sheath, but it is pretty major. None of the seams have come apart, and the Molle-compatible webbing in the back still seems to work fine. None of the stitching has come undone, and it still looks great. The velcro, however, which was quite aggressive on first purchase, now doesn't work pretty much at all, making this sheath more or less useless. I could never carry this on my belt now, as a stiff breeze will pop the front flap open. I still like the design of this sheath, however, which I think was well thought-out, but it would appear that during manufacture they chose an inferior loop side of the velcro, which has poor longevity. If they replaced this hook-and-loop with a better material, it would make this a much better sheath that I would still be using. However, I have had to replace it with the aforementioned Maxpedition single pouch, which in all honesty, does seem to be built much sturdier.

I wish I could say I continue to recommend this product, but I can't.
on September 6, 2011
I use the Molle Sheath for something besides the MUT.
I bought an Olympus digital voice recorder that I wanted to regularly carry on my person. I looked for a decent case for it in the store I purchased it from and could not find any thing I liked. I carried it in my pocket for awhile, which was awkward. Then I ordered the Molle Sheath and am totally satisfied. It protects my digital recorder well and keeps it conveniently handy for whenever I need it. Very satisfied. The sheath should easily outlast my recorder, but now that my recorder is protected by the sheath, it should be around for a long, long time.Olympus WS-700M Digital Voice Recorder 140152 (Grey)
on December 27, 2013
Very high quality. Fits my Leatherman Charge with both of the bit sets in the front two pouches and the bit driver extension (purchased separately) in the MOLLE loops in the back. When fully loaded everything is very snug and tight. I don't have to worry about anything falling out. In order to remove the bit sets I have to take out the knife but, since I rarely use the extra bits, this is not a problem. I love it that I can keep everything together neatly in one, nice compact bundle.
on August 19, 2013
As described. It's extremely well-made, but the pouch itself is rather large. I could fit two single-stack 1911 mags in there, and when I put my Leatherman Wave or Rebar in there, it's too large for them -but still holds them fine. If they scaled it down to fit most of their multi tools it would be perfect. Still great for whatever purpose you want to use it for. I ended up getting the Condor coyote-tan light pouch to house my Rebar, it fits perfectly.