Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Leatherman - Sidekick, Multi-Tool with Standard Sh...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 24% off the $46.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get a $20 Amazon Gift Card when you book your first service. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
|Price:||$39.75 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.25 (14%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- FEATURING 14 TOOLS: spring-action needlenose pliers, spring-action regular pliers, spring-action wire cutters, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, ruler (1.5in, 3.8cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, medium screwdriver, small screwdriver.
- 420HC Stainless Steel: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- This handy pocket-sized tool has all the features you need to get your project done, at a fraction of the cost.
- The handy, outside-accessible blades mean you can open the knife with just one hand and rounded handles make getting a grip around their all-new, spring-action jaws easy and very comfortable.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Leatherman - Sidekick, Multi-Tool with Standard Sheath
Leatherman 831426 Wingman Multi-Tool B005DI0XM4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||JB Tool Sales||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Weight||0.35 pounds||0.43 pounds||0.2 pounds||0.31 pounds|
|Dimensions||1 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||2 inches x 3.8 inches x 1 inches||1 inches x 1 inches x 5.5 inches||1 inches x 4 inches x 1 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
I bought two of these and have just today received them from the post.
All i can say is leatherman has won me over straight away!
The ease of opening the tools and the lock unlock mechanism works perfectly, and the grip is really comfortable, practicing on each tool i felt that i could maintain a firm pressure and not feel any pinching or soreness from the tool at all. The feel and weight of the tool really impressed me and i would be interested to see what a Leatherman fuse owner rates this multitool.
This tool is the perfect "basic" multitool, it has a great finish, good feel and quality in the manufacture, If you want a good multitool that gives bang for your buck this is the one!
1) Spring-loaded pliers/wire cutters. It's really nice to not have to manually open the tool jaws when you're working on something.
2) Much more ergonomic handles. Squeezing something really hard with the PST can be uncomfortable; the Sidekick has rounded edges that are much easier on your hands.
3) Larger pivot point for the jaws and heavier wire cutters. Seems like it'll hold up better than the PST; mine had loosened up to the point that cutting wire below 12ga was nearly impossible.
4) The knife blade is considerably sharper than on my PST. When I got my original PST the knife blade was just a bar of stainless steel that had been beveled. Not overly effective. This one is much better; nearly shaving sharp out of the box, and it holds an edge very well. Plus you can access the blade without having to open the tool, which is a nice bonus.
5) Locking blades is a nice touch. I've nearly cut myself using my PST when the blade has folded up unexpectedly.
6) Still has the 25-year Leatherman Warranty. And if you use your tools at all, believe me when I say that you'll need it. These are great rugged tools, but anything that gets used every day (I use mine as part of my EDC) is going to eventually need something fixed. Can you think of ANYTHING that you've carried every day for 25 years that hasn't needed repair at some point?
1) Blades are too small. The blades are too small in relation to the handles.Read more ›
12/12/11 Follow up: I just ordered and received my second of these tools. Why?? -- this is a great small tool for the glove compartment of my vehicle. The first one has been used primarily in the household, by me AND my wife (she says it's not too bulky for her to use). Very handy !! GJM
I was not disappointed. This is a great little device. It feels great, the weight is perfect, and has almost all of the tools that I need. I liked the Sidekick so much that I also bought a Wingman (similar product but with scissors instead of a saw).
There are only two things that I don't like about the product:
The blade does not hold an edge very well
I broke one of the flat heads trying to use it as a pry bar (not really how it is meant to be used). To be fair leatherman would fix or replace it for free, but I have not sent it in yet.
I now use the wingman as my EDC because I get more use out of the scissors than the saw, but this one is in our junk drawer and is used at least weekly.
Is it as well made as a surge or wave? Well no, but it is also 1/3 the price and 2/3 the size. For a light duty multitool that you can put in your pocket, either the sidekick or the wingman is a great choice.
One last note: Leatherman should design a make your own multitool. Flat price for the empty shell, then varying prices for tools.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Tool, kinda heavy but solid and it comes with a carrying sheathPublished 6 hours ago by Daren
It is one of the medium Leathermans but have all the tools you need. The blade and saw are extremely sharp and since they are on the outside you do not need to open the pliers in... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Daniella Bronstein
I feel like this is a knock off. the packaging is average and when I got the too it was somewhat scuffed up, lots of play in the handles and plier head as well as the inside tools... Read morePublished 5 days ago by carl
All the basic tools I need for camping, fishing, hunting, yardwork. Improved technology over older multitools, lighter and easier to open and use. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Mark S